• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

If you're Kiffin, do you have your agent drop a hint - "Lane isn't saying he's interested, but Lane sees this as an opportunity to win national championships and he would need $20mil per year."

What's the downside?  Maybe it gets back to Ol Miss?  What are they going to do - fire him?  He's all but locked up a 10-2 record and a potential top 10 finish - they might give him a raise.  If they say no, and keep it quiet, no big deal.  If they leak it, Lane can say "that's what I'm worth and I wouldn't go there for less than I'm worth."

Is there a chance aggy gets turned down a time or two and has to bite?  Maybe?

Maybe those that say Kiffin wants the job left out 1/2 of the story.  Kiffin does want the job, if you pay him $20m. I could see Kiffin doing the weird moves at yell practice for that kinda cheese.

[A]ggy can give him 20m per year for 5 years and tell all their friends "Wed didn't get tricked again like last time - this time we only signed a 5 year deal."

Win/win.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Always makes me laugh that people act like the guys (or girls) they went to middle and high school with and formed long-lasting friendships with should be dropped just bc they went to aggy.

I don't think anybody's suggesting you get rid of your friends because they go to tamu. I think the poster was just suggesting you should make good friends with people that are smart enough to NOT go there.

I'd say it a little stronger: how do you spend 4 years (at least) in Austin and not meet better friends than the people who decided to worship dead collies and attend a midnight cult ceremony every Friday?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

There are high school friends who went to A&M then there are high school friends who went to A&M and became cult members. One of my best friends went there and so did his wife. They met there. But at their wedding maroon was not one of the colors and no A&M songs were played at the reception. So no, you don't always have to cut old friends loose for going 

Pro tip: When attending an aggy wedding, always scout the reception hall. If there is an aggy themed grooms cake, you know what you will be in for, so start hitting that open bar just a little harder than usual. Your date will understand later.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

43 minutes ago, CoTex said:

If you're Kiffin, do you have your agent drop a hint - "Lane isn't saying he's interested, but Lane sees this as an opportunity to win national championships and he would need $20mil per year."

What's the downside?  Maybe it gets back to Ol Miss?  What are they going to do - fire him?  He's all but locked up a 10-2 record and a potential top 10 finish - they might give him a raise.  If they say no, and keep it quiet, no big deal.  If they leak it, Lane can say "that's what I'm worth and I wouldn't go there for less than I'm worth."

Is there a chance aggy gets turned down a time or two and has to bite?  Maybe?

Maybe those that say Kiffin wants the job left out 1/2 of the story.  Kiffin does want the job, if you pay him $20m. I could see Kiffin doing the weird moves at yell practice for that kinda cheese.

[A]ggy can give him 20m per year for 5 years and tell all their friends "Wed didn't get tricked again like last time - this time we only signed a 5 year deal."

Win/win.

Occam's razor says that Kiffin has no interest in the job and is just dropping hints that he does for future goodwill/potential raise from his current employer.

Edited by Orange&White
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Occam's razor says that Kiffin has no interest in the job and is just dropping hints that he does for future goodwill/potential raise from his current employer.

I believe the same precept would lead us to the conclusion that, for the right amount of money, Kiffin would come pull weeds in my front yard wearing a pink bunny suit.  Don't believe me?

I have a good Navy bud who is a red-ass aggy all the way.  His wife is an aggy as well.  She was born and raised in BCS.  The most prominent thing you see when you walk into their home is a giant framed print of two aggy rings joined together.  They have four kids, three of whom have already started or graduated college.  Two of the three couldn't swing the grades to get into A&M and went to Ole Miss.  They posted a bunch of "Howdy Toddy" bullshit on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.  He recently retired from the Navy after nearly 30 years of service and moved straight back to BCS.  It's a fucking mental disorder.    

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

7 hours ago, NoName said:

i know it's high based on how much they did to keep him a few years ago

i really and truly just don't know how they keep him.

their last like 4 games have been on ESPN+, not even normal TV. im going to assume their last game of the year will be on ESPN+ because both WVU and Baylor are so bad.

This is why they have to fire him btw. Not only 14? point dogs to a bad TCU team but no bright spots. So much red.

IMG_2757.thumb.jpeg.614711cccaf7253559dd6ee3ab03d58d.jpeg

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

There are high school friends who went to A&M then there are high school friends who went to A&M and became cult members. One of my best friends went there and so did his wife. They met there. But at their wedding maroon was not one of the colors and no A&M songs were played at the reception. So no, you don't always have to cut old friends loose for going there. 

Friend of mine is 2nd generation Aggie.  Grew up in CS and his dad was a prof at A&M.  His wife  went to A&M.  His son (now a dentist) went to A&M and married a woman (now a doctor) he met at A&M.  At the wedding, there were zero whoops, etc.  Near the end of the reception, they played the Aggie war hymn - and it was just fine.  They had an Aggie grooms cake - and it was just fine.  Third generation and 2nd generation Aggies getting married around a bunch of other Aggies.  It was normal.  These folks are great.  Yes, they do not always turn out bad.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

I have a good Navy bud who is a red-ass aggy all the way.  His wife is an aggy as well.  She was born and raised in BCS.  The most prominent thing you see when you walk into their home is a giant framed print of two aggy rings joined together.  They have four kids, three of whom have already started or graduated college.  Two of the three couldn't swing the grades to get into A&M and went to Ole Miss.  They posted a bunch of "Howdy Toddy" bullshit on Facebook a couple of weeks ago.  He recently retired from the Navy after nearly 30 years of service and moved straight back to BCS.  It's a fucking mental disorder.    

Is this possible? 

• Haha 2

Friend of mine is 2nd generation Aggie.  Grew up in CS and his dad was a prof at A&M.  His wife  went to A&M.  His son (now a dentist) went to A&M and married a woman (now a doctor) he met at A&M.  At the wedding, there were zero whoops, etc.  Near the end of the reception, they played the Aggie war hymn - and it was just fine.  They had an Aggie grooms cake - and it was just fine.  Third generation and 2nd generation Aggies getting married around a bunch of other Aggies.  It was normal.  These folks are great.  Yes, they do not always turn out bad.
To be fair I've been to a Longhorn wedding that was similar, but they were both very recent grads so it didn't seem aggyish.

As a big aggy, he couldn’t advise them to go the Blinn JC route, in order for guaranteed acceptance to real aggy? At least they’d be in the area and surrounded by aggy.

I’d have gone to Ole Miss too, if I had that option to get away from B/CS.

Hook’em!!!

11 minutes ago, Dewey said:

I love that they had to learn this lesson. Lol

With Fisher out of the way, Bjork says the Aggies will learn their lessons from the contract and the extension.

You mean Bjork would learn his lesson? They got the order wrong... They should've fired Bjork, hired a new AD, then that new AD fires Jimbo and hires a new coach... 

Bjork must be the idiot cousin of john sharp or something.... only way this all makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

When you are looking to plaster him everywhere as a token to show how open minded you are. You also get him a special made yarmulke.

1200x0.jpg

That’s kids parents are loaded, not because he’s Jewish that doesn’t give that away, because he’s a 5’6 155 pound preferred walkon..   

Edited by Hook1997
  • Haha 1