• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, QuesoEspecial said:

Y’all keep hating but Hoboken is awesome…Frank Sinatra’s hometown and the PATH train is a 10 minute ride under the Hudson to Manhattan…if you’ve ever been to the Strand in Galveston it’s similar vibes but a full square mile. One hotel in town (The W)…amazing views of Manhattan and walkable bars and restaurants. Do it!

Don't forget about the...

f279c6a7-be46-4694-b722-f1ec912cccce_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Mike CravenMike CravenNov 22 10:25 am

Texas A&M is one of the 10 best jobs in college football.  If Texas A&M was a stock, you’d want to buy now. 

But what is the biggest fish the Aggies could reel in with a perfect cast? Let’s go deep sea fishing. 

Dabo Swinney, Clemson:  Swinney during a “down” year for the Tigers. 

Ryan Day, Ohio State:  If the Buckeyes lose to the Wolverines and are out of the CFP picture. 

Kalen DeBoer, Washington:  Just might not be an option. 

Lincoln Riley, USC: The shine is fading because of his team’s inability to play defense.

Mike Norvell, Florida State:   No shot. 

I did a little boiling down on this.

I like that two of these candidates are available because of failure where they are. Day can't beat their biggest rival (A&M is at least accustomed to that) and Riley is "fading" with a team that can't play defense.

They can't wait for DeBeor, and why would Norvell leave a real program with real history?

Edited by RomaVicta

15 hours ago, 83Horn said:

You forgot that part of NJ from around Hackensack/Teaneck down to Bayonne, and from the Hudson River west to around East Orange, with Newark and Elizabeth right in the middle.  It's really just West NYC, and it really sucks.

Suddenly feel very blessed that I know nada about these places.  God Bless Texas!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Dude, don’t use stigmatizing terms like that. The proper term for these misunderstood people is “Minor Attracted Persons.”  Really. 
https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=a8b9d297-2e7b-4e59-b7a9-8826ae3482d5

(some cr, although I’ve never read a post in that forum. Occasionally I’ll accidentally click on it when trying to click on lulz on my phone, and I’ll exit as soon as I can).

• Rage+1 2

25 minutes ago, nnm said:

Dude, don’t use stigmatizing terms like that. The proper term for these misunderstood people is “Minor Attracted Persons.”  Really. 
https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=a8b9d297-2e7b-4e59-b7a9-8826ae3482d5

(some cr, although I’ve never read a post in that forum. Occasionally I’ll accidentally click on it when trying to click on lulz on my phone, and I’ll exit as soon as I can).

Uhhh.... fuck that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Ohio State should be begging the ags to hire Ryan Day. He somehow fucking sucked with the only legit QB that school has ever produced.

What am I missing? They lost to UGa by 1 in the last semi final and they've been in 7 CFP games. 

We would stay in the Big12 if we were guaranteed those results. 

Just now, Slacks said:

What am I missing? They lost to UGa by 1 in the last semi final and they've been in 7 CFP games. 

We would stay in the Big12 if we were guaranteed those results. 

UT should’ve had an easier path to the CFP in B12 vs SECX3 in the 4-team invitational era. Now with the expanded playoff plus SECX3 bias, the odds of making the CFP are probably about even to what they were in the B12. But it’s all about the significant bump in financial benefits of SECX3 membership. The richest athletic department in the country will be a lot richer. 
And little bro is sliding further back into mediocrity at exactly the right time. 

8 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Suddenly feel very blessed that I know nada about these places.  God Bless Texas!

I've lived all over the world, including in Texas and New Jersey. I can say with absolute certainty there are beautiful places and there are shitholes no matter where you go.

General rule of thumb: the more people, the more shithole.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Frieda’s Boss said:

Has Kiffin’s name been brought up here?  His Egg Bowl post game gave me vibes that he’s gonzo. 

I didn't see tonight's post game, but his comments leading into the ATM game were a little odd.  He was overtly complimentary of ATM of player and coaches, with the exception of Jimbo not getting it done despite having everything needed.  Could have just been Kiffin being Kiffin and the usual Jimbo hate, but my first thought was that Kiffin was opening a path for the job if it came open soon (or at least make a little noise to get Ole Miss to bump up his current salary).  I'd have to think ATM was putting out feelers before firing Jimbo and maybe Kiffin was one of them.  Seems like a poor culture fit, but does work with the speculation of ATM wanting to keep some of the defensive coaching staff in place.     

51 minutes ago, Frieda’s Boss said:

Has Kiffin’s name been brought up here?  His Egg Bowl post game gave me vibes that he’s gonzo. 

I could see Lane at aggy. He is going to talk shit about Texas, so he might as well do it at aggy and get paid more. I think it would be even more fun to hate on them if Kiffin was the coach. A Sark vs Kiffin rivalry would make it more entertaining since they always suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I could see Lane at aggy. He is going to talk shit about Texas, so he might as well do it at aggy and get paid more. I think it would be even more fun to hate on them if Kiffin was the coach. A Sark vs Kiffin rivalry would make it more entertaining since they always suck.

*Joey Freshwater

• Haha 2

They are not going to hire the guy that's been clowning them for a couple of years, they are thin skinned. His remarks about the level of talent was him trolling aggy. Aggy reporters listed his trolling and making fun of them as one of the reasons for jimbo getting fired.

Looch has flat out said there is absolutely no way they hire him. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Kiffin makes almost 9 million a year.  

Yeah but aggy is prepared to offer him a total compensation package with an incentive structure to share in the upside. All he has to do is accomplish more than aggy has been able to do in 84 years.

Aggy is going to make him an offer that any accomplished P5 coach would refuse.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBig said:

After the aggy game, Lane and Lassie had a private moment alone in one of the medical tents to see if he’s “the one.”  

I imagine a scene where all the aggy decision makers follow the lead of their highest ranking officer. Reveille, Sharp, Liucci, bjorkbjorkbjork, all in a line to sniff Kiffin’s grundle. It's a special moment in every aggy coaches life. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, blacklab said:

They are not going to hire the guy that's been clowning them for a couple of years, they are thin skinned. His remarks about the level of talent was him trolling aggy. Aggy reporters listed his trolling and making fun of them as one of the reasons for jimbo getting fired.

Looch has flat out said there is absolutely no way they hire him. 

I think they would hire the devil if they thought he could beat Texas and win a National Championship.  

Lane probably isn't that guy but if enough of the gomer decision makers believed he could they would hire him.  

50 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

41 minutes ago, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

that's a sick fucker

I don't know what's more sad.

This guy and the people that consume this or the 'mom's' pimping out their kids.

God this is depressing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:51 PM, Bullneck said:

Looks like their next coach will be either Ryan Day leaving tOSU or Jeff Traylor leaving UTSA.  But reading the copy on DCTF it's easy to see why they have an inflated self opinion.  

Ryan Day, Dabo Swinney, Lincoln Riley are amongst group of big name head coaches Texas A&M should vet to replace Jimbo Fisher as head coach of the Aggies
Mike CravenMike CravenNov 22 10:25 am

Texas A&M is one of the 10 best jobs in college football. The Aggies have the resources with Aggies United leading the NIL charge. They have the fan support – over 94,000 attended a Week 12 home game against Abilene Christian. And they have the recruiting base with College Station 90 miles from Houston and 180 to Dallas, not to mention the home base of bEast Texas. 

The 2021 coaching carousel taught us not to limit possibilities in these searches. USC hired away the head man at Oklahoma. LSU stole the Notre Dame head coach. Nothing is off limits. As the landscape of college football changes, jobs rise and fall in the pecking order. If Texas A&M was a stock, you’d want to buy now. 

The most obvious names to replace Jimbo Fisher include Mike Elko, Jeff Traylor, Jedd Fisch, Jonathan Smith, and Lance Leipold. But what is the biggest fish the Aggies could reel in with a perfect cast? Let’s go deep sea fishing. 

Dabo Swinney, Clemson: Talk to enough Aggies and you’ll eventually find one with deep pockets and an affinity for what Swinney represents and the culture fit he’d represent for Texas A&M. He checks all the boxes. Great recruiter. National champion. Old-school mentality. Southern. Swinney and the Clemson faithful haven’t exactly seen eye-to-eye (hi, Tyler from Spartanburg) during a “down” year for the Tigers. His buy out is $5 million, and he already makes over $10 million. Texas A&M probably has PTSD with those types of figures and avoids Swinney unless he’s willing to take on a contract that’s more incentive based. 

Ryan Day, Ohio State: What happens to Day if his Buckeyes lose to Michigan to close out the regular season for the third year in a row? We’re not saying he’d get fired, but we’re not saying both parties wouldn’t be better off with a clean slate. Day would represent a massive coup for Texas A&M. His teams consistently win 10-plus games and compete for spots in the College Football Playoff. He recruits tremendously and his offenses always rank amongst the top in the FBS. Don’t completely discount the possibility if the Buckeyes lose to the Wolverines and are out of the CFP picture. 

Kalen DeBoer, Washington: The problem here might be timing. If DeBoer’s Huskies beat Oregon in the Pac-12 championship, he’d be unavailable until January. Texas A&M fired Fisher two weeks before the season ended for the chance to get a head start on his replacement. The transfer portal opens Dec. 4 and the early signing period isn’t long after that. The Aggies have a roster and 2024 recruiting class to compete right away under a new head coach if that hire can salvage the roster. Waiting for a name like DeBoer, who’d be a home run hire, just might not be an option. 

Lincoln Riley, USC: The shine is fading on the former Oklahoma head coach because of his team’s inability to play defense at multiple spots. He left the Sooners for USC and an easier road in the Pac-12 only for the Trojans to leave for the Big 10. His style doesn’t fit that conference, and he isn’t exactly killing it on the recruiting trail in Southern California. Riley is a Texas native with a penchant for explosive offenses that create Heisman Trophy winners. 

Mike Norvell, Florida State: Sure, the last time Texas A&M hired away the Florida State head coach it didn’t go so well, but Norvell is not Fisher. He crushed it at Memphis (look what happened to the Tigers after he left) and has resurrected Florida State from a three-win team in 2020 to the verge of a CFP berth in 2023. He’s won at least 10 games in the past two seasons and runs a creative and modern offense. 

image.png

Let’s be real. The new hire HAS to spend at least from nine to eleven months of his/her (hey it’s a new world) life EACH YEAR in Collie Station. Once you make $4+ million a year, leaving Columbus (good golf courses) Clemson, Lawrence, Manhattan …. Wait I just defeated my own argument. Carry on. 

43 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I think they would hire the devil if they thought he could beat Texas and win a National Championship.  

That is exactly what they did in the 1950s when they hired Bear Bryant.  His first job was at Maryland and left them on probation when he took the Kentucky job.  Kentucky was left with probation when he took the aggi job.  Then history repeated again and his recruiting put aggi on probation when he left for Bammy.  Of course Bammy looked at that as an operating cost and they landed on probation a few times during his tenure.

aggi knew Bryant was a known cheater but they didn't care as long as he beat Texas and won them a national championship.  They got half.  It was practically the same scenario when they hired known cheater Jackie Sherrill.  

The devil is and has been collecting on those debts and will forever no matter how many times they extend and rework his contract.

43 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

Edited by 1bigtx
I need to add text.
  • Hook 'Em 1