Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, AnTiM said:

Obviously Looch the Mooch should be the coach, as he apparently knows more about the job than anyone.

He has Has most of the qualifications.  He “gets A&M” and he knows how to suck money from the alumni.  Knowing how to coach seems optional for that job.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

18 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Love this quote from texags:

Well, yeah.  You're a bunch of fucking weirdos who never, ever accomplished anything of value.  Why would you get the benefit of the doubt?

Hell, you built a COMPETITION SWIMMING POOL that was shorter than regulation, negating any records set within.  You literally built a stairway to nowhere on campus.  You almost asphyxiated onlookers when you blew up the tackle box football stadium.  You DID kill 12 people when your Lincoln Logs stack fell down.  You devoted research money to developing maroon carrots.  You can't win anything of consequence in football, basketball, or baseball.  Why in the blue hell would the media give you any credit at all?

Don't forget the 1.18 million gallons of sewage pumped into the golf course. That seems like a lot

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Report-118-million-gallons-of-sewage-found-flowing-from-AM-to-golf-course-Wolf-Pen-Creek-481553711.html

• Like 1

If you call them, offer to coach their bowl game for them.
December 3rd is a date which will live in infamy for them - UT selected for the CFP, their discovering their beloved DL coach was going to fucking Syracuse, players heading for the portal, and finding out that they don't have anybody to coach their bowl game.

You forgot that aggy and Russia share a motto to capture their similar realities: “and then it got worse.”
The corollary, the rule of Brisket for when you think aggy has hit rock-bottom: “there is no bottom.”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

No, you don’t. 

The Aggy DC was Durkin. Robinson was the beloved and very good D-Line coach. Robinson wants to be a HC one day. No DL coach has ever been given a HC job. Elko would not hire Robinson as DC, but Aggy offered him an insanely high salary to not pursue a DC title. He declined. 

As expected, The DL mercenaries loyal to Robinson are leaving 

The new DL coach is a jag that got fired from Florida. Elko still hasn’t hired a DC yet. The Great Santucci declined, which is probably good news. 

Yep. Good for Robinson. A talented coach on the rise like him wants opportunity to advance his career, not a pay raise and that cringy, condescending "attaboy!" their AD tossed at him. Plus, like any smart employee, Robinson considered the total compensation for taking the Syracuse job; and getting out of College Station is a huge signing bonus.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Saw this over on texags this morning... portal opening tomorrow... current state of things... (Good thing Elko making all the HS coaching rounds)

image.png.2834f6a181e52651433a9a86ddfe18e5.png

Looch said they were Brian Gross-Armiento on staff i thought. nothing official there yet.

technically they have Durkin, James Coley and Blackwell under contract. i assume Blackwell stays just because he's good at his job and under contract? if he goes does that impact Owens? because that guy going into the portal would be funny as hell.

assume Durkin leaves. no clue on Coley, guess that depends on OC hire. they also had Craig under contract but he was let go. Addazio's contract ends soon.

Do I have this right?
aggy D-coordinator WHO THE NEW COACH HAD TO KEEP decided that he'd rather be the D-coordinator at fucking SYRACUSE?????
And their best D player portaled and another D-line recruit decommitted?  
And this all happened while Texas is making the playoffs?
I feel like I'm hallucinating...
The best part about all this is the fact this sticking point likely cost them a chance at any other HC not named Elko, and ultimately this "ERob" fella up and decides he's had enough of this aggy shit. Fiction ain't got nuthin that can touch aggy reality.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
Do I have this right?
aggy D-coordinator WHO THE NEW COACH HAD TO KEEP decided that he'd rather be the D-coordinator at fucking SYRACUSE?????

The best part about all this is the fact this sticking point likely cost them a chance at any other HC not named Elko, and ultimately this "ERob" fella up and decides he's had enough of this aggy shit. Fiction ain't got nuthin that can touch aggy reality.

agreed on this front.

Bjork and co clearly don't/didn't understand what Robinson's goal was (head coach) and the path to get there was via being a DC not the highest paid DL coach in the country.

Was ERob, the guy they liked and wanted to retain, basically the only assistant that got screwed out of keeping his payout money?

I don't know what the assistant contracts looked like, so only speculating, but id be pissed if all my colleagues are getting multi-hundred K+ checks cut for severance pay and I'm being held hostage on a sinking ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BillyBadAss said:

Was ERob, the guy they liked and wanted to retain, basically the only assistant that got screwed out of keeping his payout money?

I don't know what the assistant contracts looked like, so only speculating, but id be pissed if all my colleagues are getting multi-hundred K+ checks cut for severance pay and I'm being held hostage on a sinking ship.

he's the only one who walked away from the contract so far.

they still have Durkin, Coley, Gross-Armiento and Blackwell under contract whose roles are TBA.

Craig got fired. Durkin is probably next.

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

agreed on this front.

Bjork and co clearly don't/didn't understand what Robinson's goal was (head coach) and the path to get there was via being a DC not the highest paid DL coach in the country.

This goes right back to their constant braying about (allegedly) having unlimited resources and yet always managing to step on their cranks.  The leadership has no idea what they are doing but By God they are going to keep throwing money in the fire to fix it.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

he's the only one who walked away from the contract so far.

they still have Durkin, Coley, Gross-Armiento and Blackwell under contract whose roles are TBA.

Craig got fired. Durkin is probably next.

Sort of the same though? The other guys just have to wait a week or two to get fired and they get their payout. ERob knew he wasn't getting fired.

So basically everyone gets free money except the guy you actually felt deserved it the most?

Pisser.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Do I have this right?

The best part is their aggy level of delusion to keep some of the staff together likely chased away better coaching candidates than Elmo 

Fire This Is Fine GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

The best part is their aggy level of delusion to keep some of the staff together likely chased away better coaching candidates than Elmo 

Fire This Is Fine GIF

That's making a very large assumption that better candidates would be interested in the job.

• Hook 'Em 1

It really is amazing.  They severely hamstrung their head coaching search to keep a dl coach that hasn't proving much other than the ability to drop bags in NJ.  They think the dl coach is key to holding together their best recruiting class ever that is poised for a playoff run next year (cumulative record at aggy 12-12).  Elko is the best they can find to agree to this setup.  Within a week of the hire, the dl coach is gone and the best class ever starts hitting the portal.

• Prepare your anus 1

11 minutes ago, royiv said:

That's making a very large assumption that better candidates would be interested in the job.

Yeah I think the writing on the wall is clear.... A&M is the coaching graveyard you go there for your career to die.

Slocum: Never coached again
Fran: Sat out 3 years then had to take a job at FBS transitional Texas State would coach 5 more seasons of sub .500 football
Sherman: Spent 2 seasons as Dolphins OC then 2 seasons coaching high school then 1 season of CFL
Sumlin: Coached 2+ seasons at Arizona posting a 9-20 record, coached the USFL Gamblers for 1 year and now AHC/co-OC/TE coach at Maryland
Bilbo: TBD

Sherman being NFL OC and Sumlin being P5 Head Coach are the only two even remotely decent jobs post aggydom the rest all suck.

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1