• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Metro areas in America seeing the biggest outflow of people according to LinkedIn. 

79954419-12957749-Of-the-metros-seeing-t

Two of those aggy were my niece and her husband.

They moved to Snook for a better quality of living.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

That guy wasn't lunchpail, blue collar.  He tried to fool The Elk but it became obvious.  Good riddance.

Maybe he needs some Jesus, with a side order of hookers.  Does auburn have a private jet?

1) Bama hires sark and horn has to find a new coach in January.
2) Horn gives Sark a Jimbo contract and horn falls on their face a few years from now.

Who wants to tell him that aggy is the only entity stupid enough to offer a "Jimbo" contract?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their first game (Notre Dame) is going to loom large in August. It's a home game and that helps them because that stadium is going to be hot even if they played at ten o'clock at night but Notre Dame has aspirations on going better than this season (10-3) and probably has a better shot at realizing them than A&M. That's even with the cream puff schedule the Ag has (excepting one or two games, UT being one of them).
Believe it or not, Indiana can get pretty fuckin hot in August. It's not Texas/Arizona hot but still quite toasty on certain days.
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:
Their first game (Notre Dame) is going to loom large in August. It's a home game and that helps them because that stadium is going to be hot even if they played at ten o'clock at night but Notre Dame has aspirations on going better than this season (10-3) and probably has a better shot at realizing them than A&M. That's even with the cream puff schedule the Ag has (excepting one or two games, UT being one of them).

Believe it or not, Indiana can get pretty fuckin hot in August. It's not Texas/Arizona hot but still quite toasty on certain days.

Years ago I was on the other side of the lake in August doing an install and it felt just like Houston, 95+ and humid as hell.  

Edited by TOR
belt onion

I think of College Station more as a methro area. 
For real. Last time I was down there for a cousins graduation (against my will) was 2011 and it was nowhere near what I consider a metro area. To me it was like a smallish/medium sized Texas city that runs together with a small city that grew up around a college..far from a metro area.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

What an insanely stupid ranking. No issue with Rocky Top at No.1, otherwise just stupid. Boomer Sooner is objectively terrible, it’s just recognizable because of their past success. Texas Fight and Yea Alabama are easily top 10. ND is top 3. I know a lot about fight songs, total band nerd, and never heard anything about Michigan State, average at best. Nebraska at 2 is a total joke, nothing special. SMU’s Pony Battle Cry is criminally and universally underrated. I’m obviously partial to Ride ‘em Cowboys, but it’s not top 25, and the song itself is best when part of the full trilogy. Aggys song is boring as fuck, people are obsessed with the stupid fake military line marching, it’s fucking lame.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 5

When I asked DeBoer about his interest in the Texas A&M vacancy before the Aggies hired Mike Elko, he told me that “wasn’t even a thing.” Two weeks later, he accepts the impossible task of filling Saban’s shoes, and I wish him luck. He’s as confident and grounded a coach as I’ve met, with very little ego but tons of self-assurance. KB…AAS.

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

What an insanely stupid ranking. No issue with Rocky Top at No.1, otherwise just stupid. Boomer Sooner is objectively terrible, it’s just recognizable because of their past success. Texas Fight and Yea Alabama are easily top 10. ND is top 3. I know a lot about fight songs, total band nerd, and never heard anything about Michigan State, average at best. Nebraska at 2 is a total joke, nothing special. SMU’s Pony Battle Cry is criminally and universally underrated. I’m obviously partial to Ride ‘em Cowboys, but it’s not top 25, and the song itself is best when part of the full trilogy. Aggys song is boring as fuck, people are obsessed with the stupid fake military line marching, it’s fucking lame.

I can still play the Alto Sax part of the Michigan fight song since I probably played it at least a million times during high school 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:
I think of College Station more as a methro area. 

For real. Last time I was down there for a cousins graduation (against my will) was 2011 and it was nowhere near what I consider a metro area. To me it was like a smallish/medium sized Texas city that runs together with a small city that grew up around a college..far from a metro area.

As I've always said, it's a suburb without an urb, which makes it completely shitty. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I can still play the Alto Sax part of the Michigan fight song since I probably played it at least a million times during high school 

Michigan was my #1 before even starting the vid. Eight-seven bazillion HS bands play it, and most play it halfway decently. ND just behind. There are no others, really, and fer sher not 23 more. Boomer and Texas Fight are more chants than songs. Yale should sue OU and the Minstrel Hall of Fame should sue us.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh I know, and fewer of the older homes have central AC. But this game is at Kyle Field and in August that place will be like a steamy fryer.

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

Anchors Away at #30 is just wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Michigan was my #1 before even starting the vid. Eight-seven bazillion HS bands play it, and most play it halfway decently. ND just behind. There are no others, really, and fer sher not 23 more. Boomer and Texas Fight are more chants than songs. Yale should sue OU and the Minstrel Hall of Fame should sue us.

I have to agree, and while I'm a closet T-shirt Michigan fan I despise ND. Still, those really are the 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

When my Dad was my HS Football HC, during the ‘80s, there was only about 5 “black shoes” teams in college football. I really for some reason thought that was awesome and begged him to get us black shoes for my Senior year, which he did!

We didn’t make the playoffs, but we looked good!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

My wife went to memorial. The thought of one of you assholes getting to her before I did may be more than I can bear.

I graduated in 75, if she was there then, let me know her initials and I’ll tell you if I ever smelled her pussy on my finger

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

There was a huge brawl in the parking lot of Memorial hs after our basketball game there in '87. It did not go well for the country clubbers. Didn't see any band members participating though 

A group of us tried to paint up Westchester the week before our game.  We ended up in a brawl with a bunch of them.  The cops showed up pretty quickly so not a whole lot of damage was done.  However one of the dumbass football players tried to punch me while I was wearing a motorcycle helmet.  I just ducked my head and let him break his hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

My wife went to memorial. The thought of one of you assholes getting to her before I did may be more than I can bear.

Well, the good news is “ONE” of us did not get with her.  The bad news is you have lots of Eskimo “relatives”  you never knew about.

• Haha 1

Not gonna lie.  aggy is a fascinating phenomenon.  I actually watched large stretches of the aggy hoops game yesterday.  They panned to the crowd much more than usual because there was just so much wtf going on.  I couldn't stop watching.  

• Like 1

There is no buyout clause for mass stupidity.  You can't pay your way out of ignorance and being dominated.  In the end, this is how cults work.  They are people who want to hand over their money, their time, their hearts, their minds, their souls, their lives, and even their children in order for group validation.  They are simply another shining example of 21st century American flavor-aid.  And I, for one, am exhausted pretending that people like this deserve to share my borders.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2

Josh Pate - "Billy Liucci talks about them everyday, David Nuno talks about them everyday, why shouldn't I?"  What a dumb statement. I'm beginning to think Josh is sponsored by both Academy Sports and texags.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

As I've always said, it's a suburb without an urb, which makes it completely shitty. 

katy and celina are rubarbs: rural suburbs

they are rural towns that were over-run by the the suburbs as they expanded outward from a major city, but retain the trappings of the rural town they once were, including oversized lots, wanna-be farmers within adjacent subdivisions, and a disproportionate number of obscenely over-powered trucks that are never actually used for their natural applications

the metropolitan formation along Texas Highway 6 is 15th in size in the state, between waco at 14 and tyler at 16: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Texas_metropolitan_areas

what makes it different is it's the source for repopulating and seeding rubarbs

it's the earth-version of a nebula:

it's a placenta

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdm said:

Josh Pate - "Billy Liucci talks about them everyday, David Nuno talks about them everyday, why shouldn't I?"  What a dumb statement. I'm beginning to think Josh is sponsored by both Academy Sports and texags.

Josh knows how to get a million clicks.