Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

5 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

as a game changer -- the US should provide the most advanced artillery and real time coordinates of high value Russian assets. troop clusters and artillery positions, probably from satellite.  Military Intel can do wonders without any boots on the ground or NFZ.

maybe we are, maybe we aren't, maybe russian ship go fuck itself

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

@workswithseed @TurkeyChew this is what censorship is. Just for your reference, since I know y'all had some challenges with definition 

The Truckers got censored. I know it's hard to believe, since you liked what the government was doing, but closing people's bank accounts without a court order is that.

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

The Truckers got censored. I know it's hard to believe, since you liked what the government was doing, but closing people's bank accounts without a court order is that.

You understand Canada is not the USA. right?

Sort of odd to compare some assholes blocking roads and hurting people's livelihoods, because they don't want a vaccine that has been proven exceptionally safe to protect them AND the populace. Then try toeEquivocate that to trying to get accurate information on the War in Ukraine and random cell phone searches that could result in imprisonment.

I actually had to laugh at the logic...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Not in America the sure as fuck did not.

• Hook 'Em 3

Oh crap.  I'm in the wrong thread.  I apologize to everyone here, including the moderators.  Good chance I'll get banned for this, and I'll accept my punishment. 

ETA 

I'm sorry.

Reporting posts in general is a bitch move. Unless good reasons (hate speech/racism….)
  • Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Can someone walk me through how posting on Twitter a screenshot of a zoom call can be used to trace the location of the person on the other end of said zoom call

Can someone tell me why a simple request accompanied by a simple reason given by a visitor can't just be granted?

Trusted Friend: Please don't turn on your TV! It may get me discovered or killed.

Worthless Friend after turning on TV: I don't see how that could happen.

Five thugs walk in and kill the trusted friend: Thanks, Worthless Friend. We let you live.

Worthless Friend: I still don't see how it was my fault.

spacer.png

Be a trusted friend not a worthless friend. Don't turn on the TV or take a selfie if a trusted friend says he/she may die as a result! 

Just say yes. Ask questions later.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

in an alternate reality, everything unfolds as it has to this point.

only one change - trump is potus.

what are the changes in the us reaction, how does trump handle this?

obviously there were ties to russian intervention, trump also middling with ukraine and the impeachment following.

i'm truly curious how he would have messaged things.

11 minutes ago, bangkok said:

in an alternate reality, everything unfolds as it has to this point.

only one change - trump is potus.

what are the changes in the us reaction, how does trump handle this?

obviously there were ties to russian intervention, trump also middling with ukraine and the impeachment following.

i'm truly curious how he would have messaged things.

He would have green lighted Russia's police action, possibly offered US assistance. And he would have withdrawn us from NATO when our allies complained and tried to force alternative action..

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

He would have green lighted Russia's police action, possibly offered US assistance. And he would have withdrawn is from NATO when our allies complained and tried to force alternative action..

right, i definitely think it would have been loosely supportive of russia at minimum. skeletons in the closet or whatever.

and the republicans would have jumped on board with that, sure.

i just don't see how he could have bridged the huge support of ukraine from the west while sucking off putin at the same time. 

would have been quite a dynamic.

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

He would have green lighted Russia's police action, possibly offered US assistance. And he would have withdrawn us from NATO when our allies complained and tried to force alternative action..

Basically this. "How Trump would've reacted" is such an easy question that it's not particularly interesting.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Basically this. "How Trump would've reacted" is such an easy question that it's not particularly interesting.

I think he would have been more bipolar about it. Some times support, sometimes not, wouldn’t lead, wouldn’t actually do much, sanctions lighter than we have now and a strongly worded email probably, he’d mumble and bumble his speeches, withdraw and play golf, blame Europe, not do anything, say something good about Putin, say something good about Ukraine, say something bad about them both and just spin in a circle and cheat at golf. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, troph said:

I think he would have been more bipolar about it. Some times support, sometimes not, wouldn’t lead, wouldn’t actually do much, sanctions lighter than we have now and a strongly worded email probably, he’d mumble and bumble his speeches, withdraw and play golf, blame Europe, not do anything, say something good about Putin, say something good about Ukraine, say something bad about them both and just spin in a circle and cheat at golf. 

Zelensky didn’t do his bidding and announce an investigation into Biden and his son. Trump definitely would not have supported Zelensky at all. Trump is the most vindictive bitch the world has ever known. He would repeat Russian talking points, saying how Ukraine is historically Russian. If Congress forced him to impose sanctions, he would begrudgingly do so, and then claim he was tough on Russia. Tougher on Russia than any President ever. But Putin is a genius and such a great leader. 

• Hook 'Em 1

After 3 days when it became clear that Russia wasn't going on a picnic to Kyiv to capture the city and assassinate Zelensky, that's when we saw the pro-Putin wing of the republican party dramatatically change their spin on things.

There's so much more information that can come out about how deeply Russian money and kompromat has been ingrained in the West. Does the war give some people incentive to spill additional details? Or investigators additional incentive to move forward?

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

After 3 days when it became clear that Russia wasn't going on a picnic to Kyiv to capture the city and assassinate Zelensky, that's when we saw the pro-Putin wing of the republican party dramatatically change their spin on things.

There's so much more information that can come out about how deeply Russian money and kompromat has been ingrained in the West. Does the war give some people incentive to spill additional details? Or investigators additional incentive to move forward?

late-late-show-james-corden.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It has been obvious all along who was compromised.  

@Anastasis  (ahem)

25 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Zelensky didn’t do his bidding and announce an investigation into Biden and his son. Trump definitely would not have supported Zelensky at all. Trump is the most vindictive bitch the world has ever known. He would repeat Russian talking points, saying how Ukraine is historically Russian. If Congress forced him to impose sanctions, he would begrudgingly do so, and then claim he was tough on Russia. Tougher on Russia than any President ever. But Putin is a genius and such a great leader. 

you're failing to see that there would be tremendous pressure to support Ukraine. so one day, Trump would say something supportive, then he would say something bitchy.  He would praise Putin, then criticize Russia.  Trump's complete ineptness would be on display with a bumbling word soup of nonsense. He would not lead, he would agree to some sanctions to say he was tough on Russia, but then he wouldn't lead the world and Europe would be left to do their own bidding. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1