RIP James Caan

elguapo

RIP to one of the all time greats.

And he seemed like a pretty decent guy. I think I saw an interview with him on CBS Sunday Morning not too long ago. If I recall, he wasn’t someone who gave a fuck about what anyone else thought.

Found it:

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

RIP Jimmy Caan, one of the great partakers of what Hugh was serving up daily at the Playboy Mansion (I believe Caan actually lived there for long stretches). Some great roles, one in arguably the greatest theatrical movie ever made, and the co-lead in perhaps the most impactful made for TV movie ever, Brian’s Song. 

I always appreciated how he threw a bone to Wes Anderson when no one knew WA would become a leading filmmaker. Caan seemed like a cool dude. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I was trying to place where I first knew James Caan from. I remember way later connecting that skinny dark haired young Godfather James Caan was the same as 90s-2000s James Caan. Pretty sure this movie that i haven't seen or thought about in 15 years (but that we had on vhs and so I watched I'm sure 5-6 times) is it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

RIP to one of the all time greats.

And he seemed like a pretty decent guy. I think I saw an interview with him on CBS Sunday Morning not too long ago. If I recall, he wasn’t someone who gave a fuck about what anyone else thought.

Found it:

might wanna rethink that decent guy part

There are a lot of different versions of.... being remembered for something different than you meant to be remembered for. Joe Theismann, or Elizabeth Holmes. Or... I was listening to a podcast about a kid who went missing in Minnesota in the 80s and one of the (innocent) suspects talks about how it destroyed his life and living with the fact that that is his mark on this earth. And then there's a version of it where James Caan acts in arguably the greatest movie of all time, has a long and fairly celebrated career, and then does a goofy comedy about a 40 year old man who thinks he's a Christmas elf and that's going to be right there on chyrons and headlines alongside his name today.