2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

35 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Our 9.95ers are the worst. You can already see them starting to blame “program sources for leading them in the wrong direction” and “caving on Ewers for other reasons.”

They don’t know anything and now they’re trying to contrive these narratives to make it sound like they know what they are talking about. Why people continue to give them money amazes me. I stopped reading AAS years ago and feel the same about the 9.95ers now. They’re a detriment to Texas. 

Nah... not "other reasons".  They're blaming the boosters.  There was some dumbass on The Horn earlier talking about how boosters probably paid all this money and they wanted Ewers to play.  Idoits. 

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

- Anwar compared Bellmont to an unnamed Mexican Cartel movie, and states they got deliberately played. 

This part is probably true and not the first or the last.  I know definitively they leaked to FCB (when he was at OB) years ago that Texas was ahead of OU in the final poll in 08 and would be in the MNC about 10 mins before it was announced officially so he would have egg on his face.  This was as a result of Chip asking Colt about potentially leaving early for the NFL, Colt saying he would think about it and make a decision after the season, then realizing that might be a story line ahead of A&M game and asking Chip politely not to publish that.  Of course Chip does what Chip does and puts it in his story anyways.  That was Bianco's way of saying way back then to go fuck yourself Chip.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I think it’s more plausible that the 9.95ers drummed up bullshit about Card being named QB1 in order to drive clicks than they got “played by sources”.

I think it’s more plausible that they don’t know shit since there has been extensive evidence to that effect in the past.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, texasdago said:

Since 2018... so I'm going to say based on a terrible calculation of days, that's about 1,900 views a day... looks like that little thread of theirs got 13,000 views in, oh, two hours?  

Not to mention that is a catch-all for all the fucking weird shit they do. Which turns out to be a lot of material. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, texasdago said:

Since 2018... so I'm going to say based on a terrible calculation of days, that's about 1,900 views a day... looks like that little thread of theirs got 13,000 views in, oh, two hours?  

1,900 views a day for four-and-a-half straight years.  that’s your counter argument?  good work, pal. 

• Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

My source close to the program said it was Card's job to lose, until the tight ends group caught wind that Nicole was planning on drowning her anger and sorrows with even more ice cream, and were worried that if she posted more nudes, they'd be unwitting accomplices to even more Longhorn fan disappointment. They voiced their concern to CDC, who then made the call to Sark. 

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I'll put the over/under on 2.5 hours before a 9.95er says there were "outside influences" that caused the wind to shift in the QB battle

Congrats if you had the under!!!

From Ketch

Spoiler

It sucks to be wrong.

At the end of the day, no one knows the stakes of reporting on this beat more than I do. Make a glib comment like "It's Austin" in January of 2011 inside of a message board thread and it might just be thrown in your face for the next 11+ years.

Plus, I like to be right. I like to win. No one in the market is more competitive than I am, for better or worse.

So, when I received a text message at roughly the same time the announcement was made by Texas SID John Bianco following Friday's practice, I knew what was waiting for me.

No excuses, my reporting from last night turned out to be wrong. Orangebloods was wrong. Specifically, more than anyone else, I was wrong.

I have no desire to run from that reality.

So, what happened? Here's a run down of thoughts.

1. Of course, we've circled back to our sources. No one really has a good answer for the situation. All of the people that we spoke with on Friday have access to the people involved and all were hearing the same thing with regards to Card being named the starter. Lots of shoulder shrugs.

2. I find it interesting that both of the primary Texas-based websites that we compete against reported similar information on the quarterback situation in the last 24 hours. That's not an attempt to throw blame or anything around. It's just an acknowledgement that weirdly everyone was kind of hearing the same thing and that no one was completely free of the damage of being wrong. Had one of the two reported something completely different, I feel like I might be able to better explain how this happened based on some clues it might have provided, but those clues don't exist.

3. One person I spoke with in the last hour who has spoken with the Texas coaches this week and was hearing the same thing I reported, believes that the report last night changed the dynamics of the situation. He can't explain with facts how it definitely did change things, but he certainly believes it. Until I learn a little more, of which I'm almost certainly sure I'll never be able to share on a message board, I don't have much to say about this part.

4. It's really strange how this was released. It goes against what Sarkisian said he was going to do as recent as 5pm yesterday. It was released through the team's head SID official. That has never happened as far back as I can remember.

5. I'm not going to write a novel. I'll just say that the goal is to always get it right. That's the goal moving forward. I know I'll be clowned on and that's just what comes with the territory. All you casn do is take the swings, get up and continue the daily grind.

Here's to a great season.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

3. One person I spoke with in the last hour who has spoken with the Texas coaches this week and was hearing the same thing I reported, believes that the report last night changed the dynamics of the situation. He can't explain with facts how it definitely did change things, but he certainly believes it. Until I learn a little more, of which I'm almost certainly sure I'll never be able to share on a message board, I don't have much to say about this part.

Yeah, a leak or two or three def got plugged.  LOL

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Just got my new phone up and running after my old one broke... did I miss anything important? 

Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here. We need a live... is it a live rooster?... We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove! And nobody seems to know what to get Ian or Card for their wedding present.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Congrats if you had the under!!!

From Ketch

Hide contents

It sucks to be wrong.

At the end of the day, no one knows the stakes of reporting on this beat more than I do. Make a glib comment like "It's Austin" in January of 2011 inside of a message board thread and it might just be thrown in your face for the next 11+ years.

Plus, I like to be right. I like to win. No one in the market is more competitive than I am, for better or worse.

So, when I received a text message at roughly the same time the announcement was made by Texas SID John Bianco following Friday's practice, I knew what was waiting for me.

No excuses, my reporting from last night turned out to be wrong. Orangebloods was wrong. Specifically, more than anyone else, I was wrong.

I have no desire to run from that reality.

So, what happened? Here's a run down of thoughts.

1. Of course, we've circled back to our sources. No one really has a good answer for the situation. All of the people that we spoke with on Friday have access to the people involved and all were hearing the same thing with regards to Card being named the starter. Lots of shoulder shrugs.

2. I find it interesting that both of the primary Texas-based websites that we compete against reported similar information on the quarterback situation in the last 24 hours. That's not an attempt to throw blame or anything around. It's just an acknowledgement that weirdly everyone was kind of hearing the same thing and that no one was completely free of the damage of being wrong. Had one of the two reported something completely different, I feel like I might be able to better explain how this happened based on some clues it might have provided, but those clues don't exist.

4. It's really strange how this was released. It goes against what Sarkisian said he was going to do as recent as 5pm yesterday. It was released through the team's head SID official. That has never happened as far back as I can remember.

5. I'm not going to write a novel. I'll just say that the goal is to always get it right. That's the goal moving forward. I know I'll be clowned on and that's just what comes with the territory. All you casn do is take the swings, get up and continue the daily grind.

Here's to a great season.

Star Trek Report GIF

• Haha 3