2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

50 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Anwar knew this tweet would get engagement. The first scrimmage was closed to the media and public too.

On 8/10/2022 at 1:57 PM, closetojumping said:

This is a "show me" level event. People here can shriek and whine over their perception that that is wildly stupid or irresponsible or herrrrrrrrderrrrrrrfuckingBMDZ pushing poor SLS around!!! OMGZ!!! and they'll all be wrong. This is the way. Sarkisian knows as much. Ewers and/or Banks need to visibly involved with why there should be optimism with this season and with NIL.

So now they get Ewers, Banks, and either Campbell or Hutson to see with the 1s today.

Not an Anwar fan, but now that he's pointing out the same thing weeks later, I don't know how we can jump down his throat for it. 

53 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What are the chances 9.95 sites (specifically OB) are extra negative in their scrimmage reports today after being burned by the coach and program yesterday? 

Could only watch 1st 12mins of OB video chat announcing QB1 is Quinn.  Ketch being angry means watch out today at Sirloin Stockade and nacho bars...

Anwar mentions in retrospect that info he received on Card starting came out a little easily... Ketch goes on tirade and says he wishes Anwar had said that before they did their OB War Room video.. 

That was some funny shit, but dang they are both enemies of the Texas Football Program

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

So given how wrong every site has been around the qb battle, I think we have to conclude that the practice reports are also suspect. Ewers is young and hasn’t played a lot of football, so sark can just play a lot of play action 12 sets where there is a read and dump. Easy football for ewers.

It seems like sark is doing this coaching thing really well. Recruiting like a boss, breaking the 9.95 grip, handling NIL/boosters.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

During games there is a temporary flight restriction, but I’m not savvy enough to know if that’s illegal airspace for practices and scrimmages.  

For a short time Tuesday, there was a drone at DKR during the open practice... not sure who was operating it.  😎

The 9.95ers do not ‘cover sports’. They’re not journalists. They are in the business of selling subscriptions, and ‘we have turbulent QB news’ sells more subscriptions than ‘no need for insider news because all is going as expected.’

Stop sweating over them lying or doing other stupid shit to sell subscriptions.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I just can't believe there's this much drama surrounding the announcement that the guy who left a million dollar NIL deal at Ohio State and was recruited extremely heavily by Texas, was named the starter.

There's just no amount of "information" that could possibly come from the $9.95 crowd to trump the very simple logical conclusion that was made as soon as Ewers announced he was coming here - that he was not coming to hold a clipboard behind Hudson Card. That was always the case; and keeping that in mind, of course he was named the starter.

I'm sure Card will play when the first three games are out of hand, and it's very possible Ewers gets hurt at some point behind this OL. He'll have a chance to get his business degree and put some improved play on tape so he can go get a MBA and another shot at being the guy somewhere else. 

This was always my take. Thus why I posted when  it got out that it was likely Card that I was shocked by the idea that Sark would have that little regard for his job security. It would be a staggeringly tone deaf decision to make and crank the heat up to eleventy billion. 

13 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Is there anyone who gets paid to cover UT sports that actually likes UT sports?  It shouldn’t be a job requirement, but one would think that the job would attract people who enjoy being around the UT sports scene.

Some of the radio guys. Rod, Trey, Craig. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

It shouldn’t be a job requirement for real journalists, even if it’s annoying that the AAS isn’t more hometown supportive, but it pretty much should be a job requirement for these $9.95ers.  They aren’t selling journalism.  They’re basically selling a remote access seat at the booster club (albeit a fake booster club in their case, but still).  

AAS sucks.. it's like they enjoy questioning everything UT sports related.. and what's worse is that these bozo's go to other radio/podcasts where they are labeled experts.  Then they proceed to shit on the program and feed into the narrative that UT is a circus show.  I've listened to them give praises to aggy, baylor..just about any other program outside the one that they cover.  It's always a mess with no light at the end of the tunnel.  

And fuck the local reporter who shitted on VY with a heisman vote to Reggie Bush.. This clown was up front and center seeing VY transform in 2004 and wreck shop in 2005 and he still voted for Reggie..  With a BS reason column in doing so as to rub it in everyone's face  in the Austin area..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Is there anyone who gets paid to cover UT sports that actually likes UT sports?  It shouldn’t be a job requirement, but one would think that the job would attract people who enjoy being around the UT sports scene.

I know Eric a little bit as a friend of a friend of mine from high school. He likes UT football. I know Scipio really well as my partner, obviously, and he loves UT football as much as anyone here. Nobody says anything about Burton other than him wanting the best for the program and working hard to help. I don’t know any of the other IT guys but I strongly suspect they all want what’s best for UT. 

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I know Eric a little bit as a friend of a friend of mine from high school. He likes UT football. I know Scipio really well as my partner, obviously, and he loves UT football as much as anyone here. Nobody says anything about Burton other than him wanting the best for the program and working hard to help. I don’t know any of the other IT guys but I strongly suspect they all want what’s best for UT. 

Justin wells at IT is a good guy as well.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1