Nebraska vs Nawfwestern - 11:30am - FOX (9:30 Pacific)

Pancho

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

If you’re a recruiting board mainstay, Ochaun Mathis’ performance was just as hilarious as Casey’s.

Unless I am mistaken, he was not on the field for much of the last two Northwestern drives when they were running clock. One of the strengths of Mathis was supposed to be his ability to set the edge. Anyone have the story there? 

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That was one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen and there’s no way they can pin it on anyone but Frost. Only the head coach can make that call in that situation.

We all know how this story ends. Frost is toast. 

Colossally stupid and poorly executed to boot. The kicker slowed and stutter stepped as he approached the ball. NW player read that and was ready for the onside kick. 

If you're going to attempt a trick play against smart teams like Northwestern, make sure the execution doesn't give away the play halfway through. 

8 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

The bloom is off the rose now.

In week zero. That's impressive. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Unless I am mistaken, he was not on the field for much of the last two Northwestern drives when they were running clock. One of the strengths of Mathis was supposed to be his ability to set the edge. Anyone have the story there? 

He was overrated from the covid season. He looked below average against our poor performing OL last year. He was JAG-like for the rest of the season but got a pass due to his outstanding season before. 

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Congrats to NW for getting to .500 vs Nebraska since they joined the b1g. 6-6.

Nebraska fans reading: eat shit and you got what you wanted by running from texas. Fly over state with football that will be the same as Illinois for the rest of your life.

Not true.  Everybody would rather go to school at Illinois

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Still can't believe how much that Casey performance was like last year. Amazing first half, then total turtle mode in the 2nd. When pinned inside the 10, absolutely nothing doing. Pretty much exactly like half our games last year.

Crazy that it felt so good to watch. After all that fucking talk by him, their fans, and the press.  Antonio Banderas.  

For 40 years now, all I've ever heard from Texas fans is that our only issue is coaching. We're a recruiting juggernaut!

Yet, there's so much legit evidence that our recruiting has sucked for much of that period.

And it's on the administration for not giving the coaches what they need to recruit at a high level. Even now, NIL should be handled by the admin and the BMDs.

Casey Thompson and Marcus Washington are just another in a long line of recruiting suckage on the 40. And it was obvious when both were in high school.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, shakahorn said:

Neb might as well fire Frost now. No sense waiting til mid or late season to do it. Gives them a jump on hiring their next coach. An interim coach can’t do much worse. Heck make that moron Raiola interim at least it will be clear that he’s only temporary.

I imagine they will fire him sometime during the season if things keep going like this so they can hire a guy as soon as the regular season ends. 

I think Frost has his buyout lowered after Oct. so they’ll wait until then to fire him.

Casey Thompson is the same QB he was a year ago. Good early, good improvising, decent on anything under 20 yards, gets sloppy late when he’s pushing for a win, and cannot throw anything over 25 yards with any type of consistency.

Even though I was rooting for Northwestern (wife’s degree), it was hard to watch as I felt like I was watching every Texas game from a year ago.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

For 40 years now, all I've ever heard from Texas fans is that our only issue is coaching. We're a recruiting juggernaut!

Yet, there's so much legit evidence that our recruiting has sucked for much of that period.

And it's on the administration for not giving the coaches what they need to recruit at a high level. Even now, NIL should be handled by the admin and the BMDs.

Casey Thompson and Marcus Washington are just another in a long line of recruiting suckage on the 40. And it was obvious when both were in high school.

40 years? Are you stupid or something?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eggo said:

He stood there after the game losing interception finding ways to blame everyone but himself. You could see it in his fucking bitch face. Eat shit, Casey. 

Just wait for all the excuses his dad leaks to the media. Some hack of a Nebraska reporter will be claiming racist forces are working against Casey in no time. 

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

No. He’s always been bad in Run D. His PFF run grade last year was towards the bottom of the Big 12. Rushing the passer is supposed to be more of his strength, though he’s not great at that either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

No you haven't, and with respect to the part I bolded you might want to know what you're talking about before acting like you're smarter than unnamed people who don't actually exist. 

• Hook 'Em 2