Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

13 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

We have two goals: win the XII, and beat Bama in the CFP. We took the first step, but - just my opinion - we took the first step today.

Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks so.

We could beat every team for the rest of the season by 3 possessions and they're still not putting us in the CFP.  Sucks but its true 

edit....fuck it.  Let's steamroll the rest of the season and find out.  show me a loss

Edited by deft

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Doesn’t matter. Everyone played their hearts out and gave their all. Hopefully they use this as a building block for the rest of the season. This game shows that we can hang with anyone. I feel bad for Bijan for the slip/missed block and Watts’ missed sack. They are going to have nightmares over those two plays. Right now I predict a 10-2 season with Ewers and 8-4 without. This D is nasty. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I hope that fucking ref crew gets a lifetime of flight delays and lost baggage. A pox upon their professional career and lives

They should have been fired years ago. Four-eyes has constantly fucked us time and time again with bad calls, yet somehow keeps getting trotted out there. 

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

nothing is going to change the fact that Card wants his receivers wide open before he throws the ball, it's just a killer

He's not going to throw them open, and lacks arm strength. But he showed he was a warrior and played through injury.  He is a great stopgap but still needs to slow down mentally.  Ball control and game manager is his upside.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Juke_Em said:

Need the Ewers injury to not be too bad for me to feel better about this one. The team's ceiling now and in future years all depends on the QB and we need him to get through this year to get experience for 2023

We need to have a back up that is just as talented as the starter and has no problem stepping up. 

Yeah, lots of missed opportunities but still impressed with the team overall, particularly the D. Losing Ewers blew but so did losing Jameson (CB). 🤘🏼Here’s to staying at this level of play the rest of the way and that we get to see #3 play sometime this season. (Exhales first hit of freshly rolled joint, puts his sunglasses back on and MOWS THE FUCKING GRASS.) 😎🤘🏼

25 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Jesus. He ran out a yard short. 

Heh.

Good thing about this game was it's good for recruiting.

It wasn't just we can hang with Bama it's we should've beat Bama.

That safety called a roughing was hilarious though.

Nick Satan will retire when Sark out recruits him, and it's happening sooner than I thought.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Why couldn't we have still gotten the field goal? We would have gotten the ball back after the safety. 

Sure.  But we started that drive on the Bama 40, picked up 25 yards, and kicked the 30yd FG.  More uncertainty around a reset from the kickoff after safety. We traded 2 for 3 imo.  The whole fucking safety play was bullshit though.  

Just now, Anastasis said:

Sure.  But we started that drive on the Bama 40, picked up 25 yards, and kicked the 30yd FG.  More uncertainty around a reset from the kickoff after safety. We traded 2 for 3 imo.  The whole fucking safety play was bullshit though.  

We probably would have started around the 35 on average. Similar drive puts Auburn into his comfort zone. Apparently. Ha. 

• Haha 1