Rhule

tonedeaf

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

so glad ou didn't hire him.

Posted this on another thread, but if OU ends up with a losing season, I can see them treating Venables as a one-years stop gap and going after Rhule. OU didn’t seem all that jazzed to hire Venables in the first place, and he looked to be just the best available in a down year for quality available coaching candidates.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, South Austin said:

Posted this on another thread, but if OU ends up with a losing season, I can see them treating Venables as a one-years stop gap and going after Rhule. OU didn’t seem all that jazzed to hire Venables in the first place, and he looked to be just the best available in a down year for quality available coaching candidates.

I don't know what his (and his staff's) cumulative buyout is but I would be shocked if OU can afford it.  They are stuck.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Good. Penn State deserves nothing but shit for the rest of their athletic future. They cheer for a man that knowingly covered up child molestation. They can fuck off. 

Do Penn St fans still idolize that sick fuck even after everything was released a decade ago? I don't keep up with them. Is his statue still up? 

James Franklin seems like a good guy and no idea if he had any connections to that program when all that was going on. It's easy to root for him specifically but yeah, fuck those brainwashed fanbase up there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I hope not. Rhule is a great college coach. NFL is a different animal and can swallow up and spit out great college coaches. Saban didn't last and went back. Rhule would be a huge upgrade over Venables. OU was caught in a bind when Lincoln left. They had no idea what to do so as you said, just picked what they thought was the best. Went after a coordinator to a big established program under Dabo but he's in over his head right now and I don't think OU is going to be patient. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Rhule would be the hottest prospect shall he come back to college and I have no doubt he will.

OU's AD is one of the best in the business and you can be 100% that he at least gauged Rhule's interest last year.  I could see Rhule wanting another year and also OU demanding that he start immediately and quit on the NFL season.

In short, OU knows right now if Rhule would take the job.  If they keep getting a train run on them, they have to consider that.

Yeah, Nebraska was the first landing spot for Rhule I thought of when I heard this news for today.  It would make too much sense.  I don't know if Rhule would be the guy to restore them to their former glory, but at minimum, he probably could at least turn that place into a "Matt Campbell at Iowa State" level of results.

Rhule going to OU would be scary, but they would seriously have to tap every oil well and meth lab in Oklahoma to pull off canning Venables so soon and hiring Rhule.  I'm not sure if they have that kind of scratch on hand.

1 minute ago, orangebird said:

I've heard Heupel left OU on pretty acrimonious terms.  Maybe they could kiss and make up, but who knows.

I also recall Venables’ departure from OU wasn’t completely agreeable after Stoops re-hired his brother back as DC, effectively shoving Venables out the door. Brent seems to have gotten over it.

I also recall Venables’ departure from OU wasn’t completely agreeable after Stoops re-hired his brother back as DC, effectively shoving Venables out the door. Brent seems to have gotten over it.
Maybe Brent is playing the long game. He's still salty about what Stoops/0U did to him. Now he gets to fuck 'em and get paid.

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Franklin has his own skeletons.  From what I recall, he looked the other way while at Vandy during a rape/violence against women scandal.

I was just about to write that, he contacted the victim in highly questionable circumstances and definitely had a crew of girls lined up for recruits on their visits. He might not have done anything legally wrong, but he's got some real slimeball tendencies.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Colin Cowherd just said OU should fire Venables and hire Rhule immediately. Quote: “he is not a head coach.”

I don’t know whether OU would really fire Venables after one season. But unless he starts pulling some wins out of his ass, this kind of chatter will only continue this season and affect OU’s recruiting. Drink it up, folks.

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I was just about to write that, he contacted the victim in highly questionable circumstances and definitely had a crew of girls lined up for recruits on their visits. He might not have done anything legally wrong, but he's got some real slimeball tendencies.

Shad3s of Fulmer and Shoney's.

Rhule can take his time. He’s getting $40 mil buyout.

I imagine he will go to a SEC or B10 job if he wants to work again.

Auburn is the most prominent gig in the SEC likely opening. It’s a shitshow of intrusive boosters in your shit 24/7.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he took 23 off and took his pick in 24.

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

Auburn is the most prominent gig in the SEC likely opening. It’s a shitshow of intrusive boosters in your shit 24/7.

For a guy who pretty brilliantly recruited a team of pure athletes and taught them football, and who isn't exactly the most polished, booster-friendly CEO, Wisconsin might have some interesting overlaps with his skillset.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

For a guy who pretty brilliantly recruited a team of pure athletes and taught them football, and who isn't exactly the most polished, booster-friendly CEO, Wisconsin might have some interesting overlaps with his skillset.

if Wisconsin hires anyone but Jim Leonhard they should have kept Chryst.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Maybe Rhule can get a booster buffer with a good/popular AD? It appears to be the best opening. 

Why is this guy being mentioned on Urban levels? He had a decent run at temple and brought RapeU back from the dead. That’s it. He’s obviously a good coach, but doesn’t exactly have a long or distinguished career. 

• Hook 'Em 4