Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I would like to know what was said to prompt the "does not understand the significance of his behavior" part of that letter. 

Probably more likely what wasn't said.  Perhaps no act of contrition and more hiding behind  "my GF is a loon"

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I would like to know what was said to prompt the "does not understand the significance of his behavior" part of that letter. 

Yeah, it's pretty scorched earth. They're implying he was in the wrong and is refusing to acknowledge his culpability, which would track with him refusing to resign, if that's actually the case. There has to be some additional evidence that hasn't been made public for them to go in that hard.

Remember, a lot of experience with abuse cases here, as likely as it may be that he was just defending himself, that they are mutually abusive to each other, it's also EQUALLY likely that this has happened multiple times and this is the time he got caught.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

They did EXACTLY what people have been trying to patiently explain to you, but you are too fucking stupid to understand such simple concepts. You are an idiot. 

You didn't read UT's letter. Bless your heart. Go give it another try. We're waiting. 

• Fuck You 13

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Um yeah, that would be it alright. Damn. 

Minton was dealt a shit hand but UT just very loudly and embarrassingly told Beard to fuck off and Minton to go get his shine box. 

Edited by Porterhouse

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Leach sued Tech...  it happens

Like an idiot. And got nothing. 

Just now, JFKFC said:

If this letter is accurate, CDC needs to be fired today. 

Shut the fuck up please. This is Minton grasping at straws, angling for a settlement. 

I'm proud of the university for this line.

"The university does not have a preference for his resignation versus his termination."

That the first words out of his mouth the night of were not "oh my god, I'm fired" is the real problem here.

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 4

If he had trouble understanding what the problem was, then if it wasn't this, it would be something else.

I have no doubt that he will be back to coaching a Power 5 team in a short amount of time if/when the charges are dropped.

Beard hurt Texas more than Texas hurt Beard.

• Hook 'Em 8

There was never a doubt this would happen.

The brand will always take precedence over any coach or athlete. It's that big. As stated weeks back, once the words "strangled" and / or "choked" came into play, Beard was a dead man walking.

Sucks on so many levels. He was the guy to lead us to the promised land. But it turns out that guy was a piece of shit who liked to beat up women, so good riddance. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

3 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

I second this. Seems like this might get interesting from a legal standpoint moving forward. 

I don't see how. They had a black and white reason to fire him.

As far was what was said - it appears to be that part that his lawyer claims that he didn't do anything that would fall under Section 7(A)(12) to fire him.

Sucks for our basketball program (which I love and have followed closely since i stepped foot on campus in 2005), but it's the 100% right thing to do.

I know many of you dislike Terry but personally I'll be hoping for him to do well from here on out. I don't want him to be the long-term coach, but I'll take 11-7 in conference and Sweet 16 run or something like that, which this team is more than capable of. 

Also hoping that we get the next hire right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, petscii said:

I'm proud of the university for this line.

"The university does not have a preference for his resignation versus his termination."

That the first words out of his mouth the night of were not "oh my god, I'm fired" is the real problem here.

that line read like he pissed off some major decision makers badly..

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

The brand will always take precedence over any coach or athlete. It's that big. As stated weeks back, once the words "strangled" and / or "choked" came into play, Beard was a dead man walking.

Sucks on so many levels. He was the guy to lead us to the promised land. But it turns out that guy was a piece of shit who liked to beat up women, so good riddance. 

Yeah coaches don’t get a mugshot for assault and keep their job. It’s still surprising to this day Augie was retained after having one 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Yeah coaches don’t get a mugshot for assault and keep their job. It’s still surprising to this day Augie was retained after having one 

That was a DUI which for whatever fucked up cultural reason people in America don't give a shit about. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

I don't see how. They had a black and white reason to fire him.

As far was what was said - it appears to be that part that his lawyer claims that he didn't do anything that would fall under Section 7(A)(12) to fire him.

Not disagreeing with UT having a reason for firing him. I was just expecting a mutual understanding from both parties that moving on from Beard would be the right thing to do but it doesn’t seem like that is the case here. 

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

the brand is everything at ut 

Just now, Vertuzzi said:

Not disagreeing with UT having a reason for firing him. I was just expecting a mutual understanding from both parties that moving on from Beard would be the right thing to do but it doesn’t seem like that is the case here. 

You expected a mutual understanding when this much money is involved? Beard and his lawyers are trying to get money. 

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi