Blockbusters you’ve never seen

GoPokes83

Any big time movies you’ve never gotten around to watching, or refuse to watch for some reason? I’ve never seen Titanic, Pretty Woman, or The Notebook to name a few. No real reason why, other than I know how the Titanic winds up, I don’t like Julia Roberts and just never got around to The Notebook.

Is this a place for folks that don’t like movies? No forest or Shawshank? Like not even a start or thought ? No notebook? Ive seen it and read the book. Great flick. No titanic? Kates titties. I was young and I was ready to go see Leo’s French girls 

lord of rings bruh  them battle scores were fukin lit  and the only time I actually dig Orlando bloom and would run through a wall for Aragon 

• Hook 'Em 3

I've seen tons of movies.  I love movies.  But I've got some good ones that I damn well should have seen but have now:

No Country for Old Men

Fight Club

Braveheart

Hoosiers

Field of Dreams

Schindler's List

Raging Bull

Dances with Wolves

Blade Runner

The Deer Hunter

Edited by dcbc

I've seen tons of movies.  I love movies.  But I've got some good ones that I damn well should have seen but have not:

No Country for Old Man
Fight Club
Braveheart
Hoosiers
Field of Dreams
Schindler's List
Raging Bull
Dances with Wolves
Blade Runner
The Deer Hunter

Ok, now that is impressive.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I've seen tons of movies.  I love movies.  But I've got some good ones that I damn well should have seen but have now:

No Country for Old Men

Fight Club

Braveheart

Hoosiers

Field of Dreams

Schindler's List

Raging Bull

Dances with Wolves

Blade Runner

The Deer Hunter

I'd start with The Deer Hunter.  Fucking awesome movie.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I've also never seen The Notebook, if that qualifies. 

Never seen any of the Fast and Furious or Expendables movies. Never saw any of the Conan movies. I think I may have watched the first Transformers movie but not sure. 

That's Fair GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

No Country for Old Men

Fight Club

Braveheart

Hoosiers

Field of Dreams

Schindler's List

Raging Bull

Dances with Wolves

Blade Runner

The Deer Hunter

Surprising GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

11 minutes ago, texashorne said:

The Godfather (all 3)

Caddy Shack

I did scratch Roadhouse off the list last week. 

Wtf Is Wrong With You GIF - What The Actual Fuck Is Wrong With You Wtf Wtf Is Wrong With You GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

ive never seen:

any star wars movie

any comic book/dc/marvel movie save deadpool

any indiana jones movie

any LOTR movie

any James Bond movie

many, many more. i saw shawshank for the first time like a month ago. i saw heat for the first time less than 24 hours ago. i guess i'm just generally not that into "blockbuster" movies. 

ive never seen:
any star wars movie
any comic book/dc/marvel movie save deadpool
any indiana jones movie
any LOTR movie
any James Bond movie
many, many more. i saw shawshank for the first time like a month ago. i saw heat for the first time less than 24 hours ago. i guess i'm just generally not that into "blockbuster" movies. 

You’re pretty devoid of all exposure to any cultural relevance correct?
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

You’re pretty devoid of all exposure to any cultural relevance correct?

pretty much. i find myself mostly nonplussed at 4 out of 5 "blockbuster" movies that i watch, especially those in some kind of paint by numbers franchise like fast and the furious or the comic book movies. plenary of my favorite movies are right down the middle- bull durham, pulp fiction, the big lebowski, no country for old men- but still, i find myself more or less disinterested in a lot of the movies that most people consider must-see, or classic movies. especially if it's a recent big budget movie. i legit have no idea the last time i saw a movie in theaters. it's been years and years. the last time i remember going to the theater was to see despicable bosses, so maybe whenever that came out was the last time. it's been forever. 

Edited by shadow_operative
i'm

11 hours ago, dcbc said:

No Country for Old Men

Fight Club

Braveheart

Hoosiers

Field of Dreams

Schindler's List

Raging Bull

Dances with Wolves

Blade Runner

The Deer Hunter

I've never seen Schindler's List either. 

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Best picture winners I’ve never seen:

Shape of Water, 12 Years a Slave, Nomadland, Green Book, BirdMan, Million Dollar Baby, Argo, Slumdog Millionaire, Shakespeare in Love.  Others going back further, but anything there really something I should see?

The only one of those I've seen is Slumdog and I enjoyed it very much.  It's a great story.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Best picture winners I’ve never seen:

Shape of Water, 12 Years a Slave, Nomadland, Green Book, BirdMan, Million Dollar Baby, Argo, Slumdog Millionaire, Shakespeare in Love.  Others going back further, but anything there really something I should see?

Yes. 

Green Book. Argo. Million Dollar Baby

Birdman is more artistic in nature so the audience that would appreciate it is limited. Same with Shape of Water. But those 3 are legit very good movies. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 2

Green Book I remember it was around this time of year when it came out. I was dragged to it by my wife, sister in law, and mother in law and was in a horrible mood that day. I wanted to be anywhere but that theater when we got there and knew nothing about the movie. Then saw the movie and it completely changed my mood. 

• Like 1

Any big time movies you’ve never gotten around to watching, or refuse to watch for some reason? I’ve never seen Titanic, Pretty Woman, or The Notebook to name a few. No real reason why, other than I know how the Titanic winds up, I don’t like Julia Roberts and just never got around to The Notebook.
I watched Titanic and The Notebook for the first time this year. Both were average. Not bad but definitely not great. Pretty Woman is on my list to watch as well.