the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The choices for speaker will be Donald Trump, or a compromise candidate who will offer something to get Dem votes.

In other words, the next speaker of the house will be Donald Trump.

Not a fucking chance- the speaker has real work to do: calling votes, setting policy agenda. Trump doesn’t want to do an actual job

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Not a fucking chance- the speaker has real work to do: calling votes, setting policy agenda. Trump doesn’t want to do an actual job

Yeah, if somebody tells him "you have to do this, this, this, and this", he'll be like "no I don't, we're going to do this, I'm going to hold a rally and take a week off, and then we're going to do this.  And I'm going to defund everybody I don't like or that's investigating me."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, if somebody tells him "you have to do this, this, this, and this", he'll be like "no I don't, we're going to do this, I'm going to hold a rally and take a week off, and then we're going to do this.  And I'm going to defund everybody I don't like or that's investigating me."

Toss in 4 hours on the shitter and 8 hours of executive time. And yeah that's pretty much it

Just now, Dbeasy said:

What is McCarthy blabbering about in his failure speech 

That Trump will be made speaker.  Trump will use his loyalist insiders within Secret Service to have Biden and Harris taken out.  He is then installed as per line of succession within the next 6 months.  He pardons himself but doesn't run again in 2024 after all.  Runs off into the sunset with bags of cash.  Because McCarthy has the ineptitude and political mastery of a Three's Company episode.  

25 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like how they're blaming the Dems.  If you want something from them, offer them something they want.  That's how this works.

Yep it’s Pelosi and the Dems’ fault that McCarthy was forced to make a deal with the Gaetz caucus, knowing full well the MTV was going to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Oh shit, McCarthy hammering the Hitler/Putin comparison.

And there it is, it's bidens fault Putin invaded in 2022

Yep, could see that coming a mile away. Funny how Putin’s meddling in the election and his support for Trump or McCarthy’s own suspicion that Trump was on Putin’s payroll never came up. I had to turn him off. I don’t have time for his bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 4

58 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He’ll appoint Ivanka as “Acting” Speaker and they’ll go along with it.