the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

Oh there's gonna be consequences.  You're going to have to be the first one to worry about what happens to your family from MAGA nation from now on when you vote down their wishes.  

"Six Degrees of Don, of uh-oh?!?"

Rep. Don, "Uh-Oh, what?"

"Uh-Oh, you're fucked"

Who knew your sleeping with insurrectionists would have consequences.  You're about to enter a living nightmare you won't ever wake up from my friend.  Have a nice time.  

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

By the same token, a decent chunk of Republican Reps know they are finished if Jordan becomes Speaker and tries to fuck the government up even more.

Like I said, self-entitled assholes don't like other self-entitled assholes telling them what to do, with one caveat being if it benefits them, and this doesn't - it guarantees the end of their careers.  None of those Republicans want to be voted out next year.  MAGA might/will come for them in the primary, but the general election is the problem for them.

Yep, because the Republicans are out here saying they are going to shut things down, and are admitting publicly that they are the reason for everything happening, to the point of claiming other Republicans in the House are The Deep State.

This is how weak their leadership is - none of them have been able to stick to a coherent message, and even Gym is putting out conflicting information versus what others are hearing/saying.

Counter: The Gym Jordan wing of the GOP doesn’t want to win. It’s better not to win. They are safe and it is far more advantageous for them to be the perpetual victims fucking everything up for eternity.  They will let those people lose and be happy. 

Remember that when they actually won the presidency and two chambers of Congress they had to pretend like they lost. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

I think their plan is to take a big shit, shut the gov down, defund stuff and get the dems to cave on majority of issues to open the gov etc. When it goes to shit, blame Biden/Dems and repeat it.

It will probably work with the American ppl… 

It hasn’t yet. Every time the Republicans have shut down the gov’t in the past, they’re the ones who’ve taken the blame and rightly so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It hasn’t yet. Every time the Republicans have shut down the gov’t in the past, they’re the ones who’ve taken the blame and rightly so. 

Yep. Especially when Matt Gaetz and others are out there publicly saying “yeah we shut the government down!”

Not bright people.  

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Tentatively at noon eastern but obviously that is subject to be postponed due to perfunctory incompetence. 

“Attention Representatives: The vote has been postponed due to lack of competency”

image.gif.5a79a2b81bd79967d08cac71afa44bbc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I though he was in trouble when that one rep said she'd switched to a "Yes" when she said Jordan had agreed to keep the government open and put aid to Ukraine to a floor vote - then Jordan's office denied it. 

anyway MAGA will love to hear about all of the new spending bills he's having to agree to in order to try to win the job:

welcome to Pork Barrel Politics 101

This group of traitors are full of morons and incompetents. There was only one way to effectively govern this House term. McCarthy could have cut the MAGA morons off at the knees by cutting a deal with the moderate Ds in some sort of power sharing arrangement. Within the R caucus, there is a group who will not vote for anything reasonable and with split government, this group should have zero influence. Now they are trying to get one of these fools elected speaker. 

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

36 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He won’t keep any of those deals. And those Reps he’s screwing over won’t force a MTV because they’ll get killed by MAGA Land for it. Art of the Deal, folks 

The worst part is that the Reps already know that he's not actually going to honor their deals in any meaningful way, AND they already know that they aren't going to do anything about it. 

Just performative politics, so they get to say "At least I tried to keep a principle-less, lying extremist from becoming speaker! You guys made me do it!!" when this all goes tits up.

• Rage+1 1

While McCarthy was going through his votes, the House hadn't established the rules so CSPAN was able to pan their cameras to show any and all actions in the House. Will today be the same, or will their rules prevent that? The best part of the McCarthy votes was watching who was talking to who. 

I'm also curious to see the line of guys waiting to sit to Boebert's right.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8