Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty

Cairn Horn88

The judge ain’t stupid. It would just be trust up there stammering and ranting about Joe Biden, Obama, etc. and not the actual case.

What a waste of everyone’s time 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Jury: "So we're supposed to believe that everyone is lying except Trump, but they won't put Trump on the stand to explain what actually happened?"

Alternate take:

one juror: were asked to believe that everyone is lying except for Trump. Since he’s been selected by God, of course he’s being truthful and since I’m pious it’s my duty to believe him and vote not guilty even though Trump himself did not speak. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and it is not for me to question. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

59 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hilarious. Former POTUS can't testify in his own trial because he can't be trusted to not be insane. 

He can’t speak without lying. It’s a pathos. His lawyers know this. That’s why they never let him testify under oath. He always says he wants to but he never actually will. Anyone who thought he might testify hasn’t figured this out yet. There was never a chance that he’d testify. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He can’t speak without lying. It’s a pathos. His lawyers know this. That’s why they never let him testify under oath. He always says he wants to but he never actually will. Anyone who thought he might testify hasn’t figured this out yet. There was never a chance that he’d testify. 

This.  He will never, ever testify in any of his criminal trials (he doesn't have that option in a civil case), because if he is speaking, he is lying.  And when you're under oath, that's a problem.

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He can’t speak without lying. It’s a pathos. His lawyers know this. That’s why they never let him testify under oath. He always says he wants to but he never actually will.

When he says he wants to- he’s speaking so he’s  lying.  What he wants is to grandstand, not to answer anyone’s questions. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Did we get the moment in the courtroom where the judge tells Trump that it's his decision and his decision alone whether or not to testify?

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Jury: "So we're supposed to believe that everyone is lying except Trump, but they won't put Trump on the stand to explain what actually happened?"

The judge will give the statement to dotard and the jury will be instructed that a criminal defendant's invocation of the Fifth Amendment is not to be inferred as an indication of guilt. But jury's gonna jury, and in this case, with everyone knowing who he is and his insistence on constantly lying, I hope they do what they do and say exactly this, "if everyone else is lying why won't he get on the stand and set the record straight?"

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Periodic reminder to never look at the twitter likes of your favorite athletes, especially if they are from an affluent Texas suburb.

Did you get "Shipley'd"?

Let's not forget that Trump DID say he would testify (which we all knew was bullshit):

Trump exited the room minutes later looking weary and promising to testify at the trial, which he slammed as a “witch hunt.”

The DTs

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Periodic reminder to never look at the twitter likes of your favorite athletes.

Don’t look up to celebrities and athletes or politicians. They will invariably disappoint in some or many ways 

• Hook 'Em 4

37 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The judge will give the statement to dotard and the jury will be instructed that a criminal defendant's invocation of the Fifth Amendment is not to be inferred as an indication of guilt. But jury's gonna jury, and in this case, with everyone knowing who he is and his insistence on constantly lying, I hope they do what they do and say exactly this, "if everyone else is lying why won't he get on the stand and set the record straight?"

He admonished him to a degree after the first statement to the press that he was being prevented from testifying as a result of the gag order.  Not the official admonishment, but he's been told on the record.

• Hook 'Em 1

"The prosecution has the burden of proof and they failed so miserably, every scholar is saying they proved nothing, there is not crime, so there was no reason to testify in a case that's already been won." - likely to be said a lot before next Tuesday

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Or the Hornfans West Mall board. It makes Texags look positively liberal. 

whenever I did wander into the politcal board back then I thought something was wrong with me as EVERYONE had the opposite opinion as me. Turns out they were the assholes. Older/wiser. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Get Sam Ehlinger to say it and I'll kick in to the cameo fund.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

He’s probably a magat too

No idea of his political leanings but I never liked Sam. I'm perfectly fine that his time as our QB will be forgotten.

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I wish I could be outside the courtroom with a giant sign saying,

NO ONE CAN PARDON YOU FROM A STATE CRIMINAL CONVICTION, DONALD! TAKE THE LOSS PUSSY!

Daniel Perry out front shoulda told you otherwise

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How in the world has this trial taken 5 weeks, and the jury is instructed to come back next TUESDAY for closing arguments.

Well, if it is stressing him out, add another week.  

• Hook 'Em 4

I wish CNN would stop running Dotard's post-trial day diatribes live and in full. It's the same stream-of-consciousness, diarrhea of the mouth garbage every single afternoon. Don't give him the air time to spew gutter trash lies.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How in the world has this trial taken 5 weeks, and the jury is instructed to come back next TUESDAY for closing arguments.

Lawdogs explained it somewhere.  Something about the holiday weekend I think.

42 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Is Dotard in  jail yet? This is ridiculous. Just throw Dotard in jail so we can move on. This should have been done a long time ago.

He's not going to jail.  No matter how much he deserves it.  Hamburger from heaven is all that will save us.

• Hook 'Em 2

So the jury gets instructions prior to the closing statements, which are to be a made a week from now.  Well ok, first how long realistically will closing arguments be, roughly a few hours each?  I'd be so pissed if I were on the jury just wanting this to be done with.  

28 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So the jury gets instructions prior to the closing statements, which are to be a made a week from now.  Well ok, first how long realistically will closing arguments be, roughly a few hours each?  I'd be so pissed if I were on the jury just wanting this to be done with.  

Apparently one (or more) of the jurors had vacay plans so we can't go and string his ass up until happy fun time is over.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Apparently one (or more) of the jurors had vacay plans so we can't go and string his ass up until happy fun time is over.

Yeah, one has plans tomorrow (they’re normally off on Wednesday but that prevents a reschedule) and another has an early afternoon flight on Friday. Monday is a holiday. You don’t want the jury to start deliberations on Thursday then break for a long weekend so they’ll get started on Tuesday. 

image.png.6317dfe3ff83e78de67bf581555337ee.png

"If the courts in New York come after any of you because of something you said, because you said something the ruling class didn't like, and that's what all these other countries are about," he continued. "They want to be sure that anyone that speaks up against the ruling class disappears."

"They want to take him off the main stage because they know he is their biggest danger to take on the ruling class."

"Isn't Donald Trump part of the ruling class?" one nearby journalist asked.

Patrick quickly fired back: 'Now, no, you know what? Donald Trump is not the ruling class. Donald Trump is for every New Yorker. He's for every Texan, every, every state."

"Donald Trump has put his whole life on the line, his whole life on the line for the American people," he added.

Video clip linked at the bottom of the article: https://www.rawstory.com/trump-surrogates-ruling-class/

• Hook 'Em 1

i’m not sure about all that law stuff, but if Costello was either representing or attempting to represent Cohen - all the while secretly working for Giuliani and Trump to let them know what Cohen was up to - that seems to be an itsy-bitsey, teeny-weenie sort of, kinda ethics problem that someone needs to point out to Costello’s state bar grievance committee. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, bolverk said:

image.png.6317dfe3ff83e78de67bf581555337ee.png

"If the courts in New York come after any of you because of something you said, because you said something the ruling class didn't like, and that's what all these other countries are about," he continued. "They want to be sure that anyone that speaks up against the ruling class disappears."

"They want to take him off the main stage because they know he is their biggest danger to take on the ruling class."

"Isn't Donald Trump part of the ruling class?" one nearby journalist asked.

Patrick quickly fired back: 'Now, no, you know what? Donald Trump is not the ruling class. Donald Trump is for every New Yorker. He's for every Texan, every, every state."

"Donald Trump has put his whole life on the line, his whole life on the line for the American people," he added.

Video clip linked at the bottom of the article: https://www.rawstory.com/trump-surrogates-ruling-class/

who paid for his trip to nyc ?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

i’m not sure about all that law stuff, but if Costello was either representing or attempting to represent Cohen - all the while secretly working for Giuliani and Trump to let them know what Cohen was up to - that seems to be an itsy-bitsey, teeny-weenie sort of, kinda ethics problem that someone needs to point out to Costello’s state bar grievance committee. 

Prosecution's final questioning of Costello was to hammer home that he never represented Cohen 

11 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Prosecution's final questioning of Costello was to hammer home that he never represented Cohen 

I hear you homes.  But it seemed clear that Costello was trying to get Cohen to retain him for improper purposes. I do not think the bar would ignore a conviction for a hiring a hitman on the basis that the murder never occurred.  The attempt is kind of the thing.

I guess I am wrestling with the fact that he was trying to get Cohen on board with an avowed secret intent to have a non-waivable conflict of interest in that representation.    Since the attempt was in writing, like an email to a potential hitman, I’m wondering if the lack of success of the attempted bad act will be defensible. 

Mostly, I’d like to see a grievance brought just to see what they’d say - and to have that shithead squirm a bit and have his reputation besmirched even more.   

No prosecutor will even have to say it, but the collection of smarmy, dishonest, reprehensible Trump confidants (like Costello, Giuliani and Cohen) paraded before them will be a thing that the jury cannot ignore - they all work for the lying shithead in orange and all behave in a way that his firm culture dictates - which would seem to support Trump‘s Stormy misdemeanoring/felony-ish behavior as a just another day at work in Trump World. 

It will not be a jury instruction and possibly not a direct point on close (not sure the propriety of that) but I think every juror will carry that perception with them into the jury room.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

who paid for his trip to nyc ?

I think it was part of a marketing junket provided by Lane Bryant.  Or maybe J. Jill.  I think it's all on the up and up.  

On 5/20/2024 at 2:49 PM, tx ind said:

too easy, now do it with Butch Body, Huckabee Sanders, and Sidney Powell

The only acceptable answer is "kill myself ".

• Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty Guilty