45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It blows my mind that middle-class, college-educated conservatives who should know better, are the reason why Donald Trump might be the next president of the United States.

We all took a tilt.  We don't remember it, it wasn't sudden or instantaneous.  It was subtle, and gradual.  We all moved one way or the other in our 30's.  I bet, like most of you, I was socially liberal and fiscally conservative.  And then I spent enough time around other smart people and realized that everybody fucking says that about themselves.  I still say and do dumb shit, just like all of you.  Only thing that makes us dumb, but not stupid (big difference in my book) is we all went and got ourselves highly educated.  And for a few years, I thought that meant I could say and do dumb shit.  And I was right, and I still do.  But where I got lost is two 'forks in the road.'  I realized about 23 years ago that being mean to other people was no way to go through life especially since the Hispanic/Jewish side of my family and the poverty they overcame was a passport to help, not condemn.  And my other epiphany was despite my politics and nuanced appreciation for classical liberalism and Hayek and Will, et. al.  Is a party I knew fairly well began to not just be ignorant and cruel and stupid and disgusting.  Both parties have those elements.  But this one about 2015 to now and perhaps forever...began to celebrate and embrace it.  

How does it "blow your mind that middle-class, college-educated conservatives who should know better"  For the very simple fact they wanted it to be easier, more cruel, angrier, more hate filled, and deeply vitriolic filled of hate and ignorance.  I pranced around like a fucking asshole quoting and voting the likes of Kant, Locke, and Goldwater.  The only dark skinned, Spanish speaking Libertarian who studied under Justice Kennedy and financial gurus like David Booth.  And one day, my state and millions like those we all now suffer under decided, as Brisket says, that cruelty should be the feature, not the bug.  I am an asshole.  Most of you are assholes.  But what keeps us maintaining a civilization is our "educated" dumbasses do not visit our shit upon other people.  We keep it to ourselves.  But we let the cat get out of the bag.  We have 20 years of horror to live through.  These people have a taste of what it's like to sit at the big kid's table.  And it's gonna be a labor of shit to get them to sit up and go away.  I warned you, as many of us did...but being Texans...most decent folks said the dipshit tacit acceptance nod, "Well, maybe he and his people just want to clean up political corruption and save America." Meantime, we just gave a serial killer an AR-15 and blank check for legal fees.  This is our fault, not Trump's.  I thought it was the stupid people who elevated him.  They did, in terms of votes and SSDI checks.  But what really energized him was people like what you described.  Educated people who sold out for $1500 in tax savings so we could watch our leaders murder children with razor wire in rivers on the off-chance they'd get to suck Trump's ballsack.  For what?  For nothing.  

We traded it away for such a worthless pile of shit.  Stalin, Hitler, Franco, Batista, Vargas.  All horrific dictators.  But you know what...at least those pieces of human shit had the decency to not try to fuck their own children.  He's not a Christian.  He's not a Conservative.  He's not a Confidence Man.  He's human shit and most of this website and state's members can't wait to take a lick.  I'd have pity on you but that'd ruin your orgasm, fucking low-life degenerates.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I think a bigger threat in the election ahead is all the young people who seem far more attracted to third-party candidates. And it was the Ralph Nader dip-shits that gave us eight years of Bush.  

My late 20s son and his buddies just can’t stand Biden. So I tell him, “fine don’t vote for Biden and enjoy the upcoming hell-scape for the rest your life. That’s on you, not the Boomers.  For all the old Boomer Trump-fuckery, your demographic had the power to change it and threw it away…..and bad choices by old people will only last a decade or so,  but your bad choice will impact you and your friends 50 years”

Democrats should probably stop embracing neoliberal policies traditionally associated with Republicans.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

And ask them why they refused to go to Washington to keep Biden from taking over the White House. Ask them if they love their country, and if so why they didn't try and stop the election from being stolen.

Gonna make Grammama flip the biscuit tray over.

58 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's amazing when you tell lie after lie after lie that these lies ultimately become some kind of twisted "truth"

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Man who uses social media to threaten, mock and troll people upset someone used social media to troll him

The ultimate snowflake

37 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Ari Melber roasting Eastman's attorney on TV right now.  

Attorney: "A lot of people believe there were problems with the 2020 election."

Melber; "A lot of people believe in ghosts.  And horoscopes."

Dammit!  Now the Democrats lost the ghosts and horoscope demographic…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stilicho said:

I am finding, on my ridiculous journey through a state law school at 40, that a whole bunch of "educated conservatives" are anything but. They hate just as hard as the rubes and generally have more money and "prestige" to throw around.  

Also, it's time to stop assuming everyone that has an undergrad has actually been "educated" and thus can be appealed to via empathy or compromise. It's no secret that "schools" are pumping out "conservatives with credentials". See aggy enrollment / graduation numbers.

That's one of the disappointments I'm come to realize as well.  There are a lot of damaged people with money and education who only use it to reinforce their own biases.  

Sad, really.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

That's one of the disappointments I'm come to realize as well.  There are a lot of damaged people with money and education who only use it to reinforce their own biases.  

Sad, really.

Trash is trash, means or no means.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, henrygandorf said:

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

also why do people want him to not be able to run anymore?  i want him to run 3-5 more times.

Because of the possibility that the Democrats will, yet again, nominate someone with the charisma of wet cardboard, assume the electorate will coronate them without putting effort into a real campaign, and we'll end up with that bastard as president again.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Because Dotard has been screaming that since 2015 and a lot of people are fucking morons. 

Judge-  “Defendant.  You yelled fire in a crowded theater when you knew there was none.  This caused a stampede injuring dozens of people.  Do you have anything to say in your defense?”

Defendant-  “Well your honor, by the end of the evening lots of people believed there was a fire so….”

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Because of the possibility that the Democrats will, yet again, nominate someone with the charisma of wet cardboard, assume the electorate will coronate them without putting effort into a real campaign, and we'll end up with that bastard as president again.

the electoral math is just not there for him.  it was barely there in 2016 and took a minor miracle along with absolutely historically weird circumstances. 

things have gone way downhill for him since in a variety of ways, so no, he will not win the presidential election in 2024.  if he somehow is president in 2025, it's because of a coup, and i don't really know what that looks like, because the states we need are "protected", but who the hell knows.  it would literally have to be some succession shit where several of the voting places got blowed up or something.

that said, once he loses in 2024, 2028 makes me nervous assuming trump is out of the way.  if he's still in the way, i still feel very comfortable.

• Hook 'Em 5

Seems like the protective order dispute was fairly good-faith, although I'm sure one motivation was to delay discovery.  In their response, Trumpco was whinging about not getting a full 14 days to respond to the motion.

But, it appears that the gubmint has the upper hand here.

The fundamental dispute is that the government wanted all discovery information to be categorized as "Sensitive," and subject to restrictions on dissemination.  Trumpco wanted only that truly Sensitive to be so designated.  That would be a reasonable position in a civil litigation, where these kinds of orders dealing with trade-secret technical, or non-public finanancial information would be "Sensitive," or, more accurately "Confidential" or "Confidential-Attorneys Eyes Only."

But the government points out that there really aren't many legitimate uses for criminal discovery, sensitive or otherwise, except trying a case in public, and there are policies and rules against doing that.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, gernblansten said:

Based on what? Can you identify any specific litigation to support this statement? 

When’s the last time anything of substance has stuck to him or significant judgements levied against him ?

Someone in his circle knew what they were doing when they appointed cannon in the court close to his residence

hopefully we finally see justice served against him 

Edited by tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

When’s the last time anything of substance has stuck to I’m or significants judgements were levied against him ?

Fallacious question. He's never been indicted on federal criminal charges before. So the answer is "never." But then, for the same reason, he's never gotten away with it, either.

Edited by Rimbo

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

When’s the last time anything of substance has stuck to him or significant judgements levied against him ?

Someone in his circle knew what they were doing when they appointed cannon in the court close to his residence

hopefully we finally see justice served against him 

image.jpeg.5afaac2049b30819e5b605f84fa913f3.jpeg

• Drool 1

30 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Seems like the protective order dispute was fairly good-faith, although I'm sure one motivation was to delay discovery.  In their response, Trumpco was whinging about not getting a full 14 days to respond to the motion.

But, it appears that the gubmint has the upper hand here.

The fundamental dispute is that the government wanted all discovery information to be categorized as "Sensitive," and subject to restrictions on dissemination.  Trumpco wanted only that truly Sensitive to be so designated.  That would be a reasonable position in a civil litigation, where these kinds of orders dealing with trade-secret technical, or non-public finanancial information would be "Sensitive," or, more accurately "Confidential" or "Confidential-Attorneys Eyes Only."

But the government points out that there really aren't many legitimate uses for criminal discovery, sensitive or otherwise, except trying a case in public, and there are policies and rules against doing that.

he's going to try this case on truth social and on cable news regardless.  that's been the gameplan for weeks, same as the mueller report - tell the public what you want and assume (rightly so) that they won't take the time to read it.

they want to avoid sharing documents in discovery that trump will simply turn around and bullhorn across social media.  they think he'll do this because he's done exactly that a bunch of times.  every time he's been indicted or about to be or had his place searched, he was the one who broke the story.  so here's my question - what if he just lies about what he's being given?  even under protective order, i would assume that only covers things that are actually in discovery.  he's been lying about this case since the jump, so why stop now?

"we were just sent boxes of discovery and it's plain as day, they are prosecuting me for speaking and violating my first amendment rights blah blah.  we went through all their in-evidence and non-sources and no-conspirators and realized they have nothing on me because your favorite president trump (i refuse to capitalize the way he would) did nothing wrong!  sad!"

would that be a violation of the order, or is it only a violation if he reveals stuff actually in discovery?  i think he's probably in the clear here.

(a similar thing happened in "the insider" which you should probably rewatch)

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

On the earlier comment today stating that trump was a master of the court system, he only is when his opponent is weak. As when trump refused to pay vendors. In those cases, trump would counter sue because he knew he was the larger shark.  There isn’t anything larger than the DOJ.

the biggest hurdle for the DOJ is finding an impartial jury. Only takes 1 quiet Trump supporter to find him not guilty regardless of the evidence.

the electoral math is just not there for him.  it was barely there in 2016 and took a minor miracle along with absolutely historically weird circumstances. 
things have gone way downhill for him since in a variety of ways, so no, he will not win the presidential election in 2024.  if he somehow is president in 2025, it's because of a coup, and i don't really know what that looks like, because the states we need are "protected", but who the hell knows.  it would literally have to be some succession shit where several of the voting places got blowed up or something.
that said, once he loses in 2024, 2028 makes me nervous assuming trump is out of the way.  if he's still in the way, i still feel very comfortable.

Swing state legislatures run by Republicans: giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Swing state legislatures run by Republicans: giphy.gif

Won’t affect 2024. Those swing states all have either Dem legislatures, split legislatures or Dem governors/AG/SOS to stop those shenanigans.  Georgia is the only one they can fuck with and they didn’t even do that successfully in 2020 or 2022

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

36 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

he's going to try this case on truth social and on cable news regardless.  that's been the gameplan for weeks, same as the mueller report - tell the public what you want and assume (rightly so) that they won't take the time to read it.

they want to avoid sharing documents in discovery that trump will simply turn around and bullhorn across social media.  they think he'll do this because he's done exactly that a bunch of times.  every time he's been indicted or about to be or had his place searched, he was the one who broke the story.  so here's my question - what if he just lies about what he's being given?  even under protective order, i would assume that only covers things that are actually in discovery.  he's been lying about this case since the jump, so why stop now?

"we were just sent boxes of discovery and it's plain as day, they are prosecuting me for speaking and violating my first amendment rights blah blah.  we went through all their in-evidence and non-sources and no-conspirators and realized they have nothing on me because your favorite president trump (i refuse to capitalize the way he would) did nothing wrong!  sad!"

would that be a violation of the order, or is it only a violation if he reveals stuff actually in discovery?  i think he's probably in the clear here.

No, that wouldn't violate the protective order.  It's a good point, and I kind of alluded to it earlier, that he's not mentally capable of digesting the evidence and using it to his own benefit.  It's easier for him to just make shit up.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Only takes 1 quiet Trump supporter to find him not guilty regardless of the evidence.

Nope. A single juror voting "not guilty" results in a hung jury. If that juror won't budge, then judge can declare a mistrial. DOJ can start the whole trial over again with a whole new panel of prospective jurors.

Edited by Foosters
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

74% of the US population believe in a fairytale about a magical being 

30% believe in ghosts

12% don’t believe in the moon landing 

10% are flat earther’s

Humans are simple, dumb, and cruel. 

We deserve everything coming.  And that right soon.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

Which is exactly why he should be detained in jail and deprived of access to social media while awaiting trial. All the reasons are there the judiciary is just too scared. Can't shy away from racism. It only gets worse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated