45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

12 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Imagine some one so arrogant that they post a drawing of Jesus next to them.  If Obama or Biden did something like this, evangelicals would be flipping out about how sacrilegious this is portraying. Instead, I would think many would buy this trump  art for their mantle.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Imagine some one so arrogant that they post a drawing of Jesus next to them.  If Obama or Biden did something like this, evangelicals would be flipping out about how sacrilegious this is portraying. Instead, I would think many would buy this trump  art for their mantle.

Now imagine Obama in a tan suit

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Oof the felony is conspiracy to file false documents.

Texas almost automatically suspends (in the case of a non-conviction, deferred arrangement like this) or disbars (straight-up conviction by plea or trial) those with felony convictions.  I imagine most states are similar (in fact, know they are with some variation, at least as of about 20 years ago).

There is a slight bit of wiggle room in Texas in the event the felony is not one of moral turpitude, which generally means directly impacts one's fitness to practice law.  But filing false documents is most likely not going to be one of those offenses.

Of course, AFAIK he's not licensed in Texas, but I think the licensing/discipline schemes are pretty similar nationwide.

So, this plea highly likely jeopardizes his law license.  He must have been quite fearful of a conviction.

Wow.

When TwiceHorn is feeling good about the prosecution's chances, you know what it means?

turbofucked

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What was the fine amount?  Because I’ll bet that amount in cash he tries to pay it in cartons of autographed DvD’s of “the apprentice: season 3” and cases of “lightly” expired Trump steaks and water. 

$5K -- time to engage the grift machine!

monkey.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So you lawyerly types answer me this:  does Chesebro's flip impact Jenna Ellis' chances of getting a good plea deal?

His leverage was the request for a speedy trial and the jury selection that was scheduled for this week. Jenna doesn’t have any leverage 

12 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

His leverage was the request for a speedy trial and the jury selection that was scheduled for this week. Jenna doesn’t have any leverage 

You think he planned it that way?  

On one hand not asking for the expedited trial and he's not a felon today.

On the other, maybe he thought it would catch the DA off guard but it backfired when his lawyers looked at discovery he knew he was fucked

Oh, and Trump's message takes a hit.  this is such a witch hunt that the co-defendants are pleading.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So you lawyerly types answer me this:  does Chesebro's flip impact Jenna Ellis' chances of getting a good plea deal?

First in = best deal.

They care about what you can bring them.   If they get that info from defendant #1, the deal defendant #2 gets is usually less.   It is not so much what bad thing the flipping defendant did that concerns of them, it’s what the flipping defendant can bring them to aid them in their conviction of the other codefendants - who are usually higher up.

3 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Wow, I knew the case against them must have been weak when the Kraken pled guilty, but for them to let Cheesehead do it they must have really, really overcharged.

3 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

Nah, he just knows that Trump will financially support him when he's done.

Aren't you on a fucking roll today...

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

F85aeXZW4AA2Lcq?format=jpg&name=large

And I have not verified this but according to this guy Misty Hampton's (Coffee County election supervisor) 15,000 e-mails were finally handed over to the Georgia DA yesterday.  2+2 new evidence  led to the new pleas?

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

There is a slight bit of wiggle room in Texas in the event the felony is not one of moral turpitude, which generally means directly impacts one's fitness to practice law.  But filing false documents is most likely not going to be one of those offenses.

I would think filing false documents would be.

Ok folks, here it is, the Government's Response to Trump's motion to dismiss the DC indictment on the grounds of presidential immunity.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67656604/109/united-states-v-trump/

No court has had the opportunity to consider this question, and, even setting aside our interest in Trump suffering manifold consequences for his mopery and cuntery, this is one of the bigger constitutional questions lying out there unresolved.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ok folks, here it is, the Government's Response to Trump's motion to dismiss the DC indictment on the grounds of presidential immunity.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67656604/109/united-states-v-trump/

No court has had the opportunity to consider this question, and, our interest in Trump suffering manifold consequences for his mopery and cuntery, this is one of the bigger constitutional questions lying out there unresolved.

A little bit delicious to have Barr and Kavanaugh cited.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This shithead is going on trial for trying to steal an election and he has the nerve  to say the Capitol looks like shit on the campaign trail. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chris Dishman's Donut said:

A little bit delicious to have Barr and Kavanaugh cited.

There's really hardly any reason to believe the Supreme Court will help him out much on this.  They haven't at all on similar and related questions in the last couple of years.

I don't think there will be anything resembling Trump's absolute immunity from criminal prosecution.  There may be some scrap or remnant of immunity for former Presidents when their actions in office are core or fundamental to the office.

7 hours ago, TexasEd said:

You think he planned it that way?  

On one hand not asking for the expedited trial and he's not a felon today.

On the other, maybe he thought it would catch the DA off guard but it backfired when his lawyers looked at discovery he knew he was fucked

Oh, and Trump's message takes a hit.  this is such a witch hunt that the co-defendants are pleading.

Trump already tried to delay the trial date.  That pretty much guts any future speed trial claim on his part.  Powell, et al. got to play the speedy trial because of the threat to try all the defendants together, not that that ever was the real plan.  Anyway, she asked for a speedy trial, and she got one, and by virtue of that, she got the first opportunity to plead "guilty" and make a deal to testify against Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1