45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

JHC. I'm watching the Fulton County case on CNN right now. I don't see how you lawyers on here can do this for a living. Arguing every single point back and forth. Patience is a virtue I wasn't blessed with. I know this is important stuff being argued, but it would make me want to open up a vein. 

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Thrawn said:

JHC. I'm watching the Fulton County case on CNN right now. I don't see how you lawyers on here can do this for a living. Arguing every single point back and forth. Patience is a virtue I wasn't blessed with. I know this is important stuff being argued, but it would make me want to open up a vein. 

yeah, my gf watches/listens to a lot true crime podcasts and the like. she had to turn one off recently because they were going over blood spatter evidence for like 45 minutes. and it wasn't substantive. it was shit like "and how are you an expert?" and "how are you qualified to make that determination?" and so on. yeah, definitely not cut out for that shit. if I was on trial I would ask for ambien and to wake me up at the verdict. good thing I'm not a criminal (that you know of)

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

160505-trump-cinco-mayo-mn-1515.jpg

We won't get that lucky.  Some people do just really have the genetic favor of being able to scarf down whatever the fuck they want and still live to 90.  We all know and/or are related to folks like this.  His narcissistic sociopathy will also embolden him to push on.  But the good news is, aside from genes and mental sternness, there are just parts of the human mind and body that pickup on stressors that we don't consciously acknowledge.  

Our best bet is being dragged around to four different court venues for multiple dates, whilst running the largest grift in human history, while propping up a house of cards real estate business, rushing from fundraiser to rally to campaign event to media appearance, while back to the courts and cutting checks he can't afford, to media appearances, to realizing he hasn't seen anyone he's related to in weeks or months...even with his selfish outlook, that's gonna weigh on a man of his age and obesity.  We are already seeing objective signs of it amplified more and more frequently.  He won't allow himself to appear to be taking a break, but there are passive systems in our brain and bodies that simply need to shut down.  The long game is to run him ragged in every single way to he dies between the convention and the general election.  If not, his protest of the another "STOLLEN" election will also require similar grinds and court appearances and grift rallies.  Part of his body will eat itself away, he just won't know it.  

But yes, there is a chance he wins.  That's not nothing, I get it.  A lot on the line.  Which begs the question, if he wins---he very well likely dies in office.  Who succeeds him?  This is our concern, dude.  Who's the running mate?  I don't give a shit what electoral college votes they bring to the table, I wonder what they do once he's gone?  

1 hour ago, Thrawn said:

That defense lawyer going on the attack is quite… rude

On 2/13/2024 at 1:40 PM, henrygandorf said:

nope, it's me.  and yes, i think it's silly to deactivate access to twitter because you don't like the nazi running it.  i hate his fucking guts, but i enjoy the platform, regardless of how much he's trying to fuck it up.  it's not like i pay for a blue check.

there are probably several companies i "support" that have shitbags in charge.  i've been off facebook since 2012 so hopefully this evens me out.

Not any sillier than worrying about other people who make that choice. Not your choice? Cool.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm fairly pissed off that the Fulton Co DA's love life may ultimately lead to Trump walking on this case because she couldn't find a date who didn't work for her.

I don't think that is likely. It is a bad look for other reasons, but doesn't really negatively affect any of the defendants' rights. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Dahobbs said:

I don't think that is likely. It is a bad look for other reasons, but doesn't really negatively affect any of the defendants' rights. 

SIAP. The judge can rule that neither she cannot lead the case, which then applies to her entire office. The case would get bumped to the state AG, who would most likely drop the charge.

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm fairly pissed off that the Fulton Co DA's love life may ultimately lead to Trump walking on this case because she couldn't find a date who didn't work for her.

This, just shockingly poor judgment.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Thrawn said:

Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

• Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Trump's base was old in 2016. Many of them are now casualties of a combination of old age and Covid FAFOism.

Oh, there's still young'uns around who are true believers.  I followed one today in my car; he had no less than half a dozen decals on the back glass of his minivan letting the world know he fucking loved Donald.   As I was passing I took a gander over to get an idea of the driver; I'm guessing mid-30's or so.

So!  There's a chance it was someone else's mini van.  I guess.

13 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Huh?

20220920_Fani_Willis_0009%20(2).jpg

absolutely NOTHING about this needs to be fixed

she's perfect just the way she is

I can think of one thing that could be fixed. Her stupid and reckless fucking dick chasing that could in any way fuck up or jeopardize her case against Trump, which she absolutely fucking engaged in and is currently happening. So lets go with...her judgement?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can think of one thing that could be fixed. Her stupid and reckless fucking dick chasing that could in any way fuck up or jeopardize her case against Trump, which she absolutely fucking engaged in and is currently happening. So lets go with...her judgement?

But poor judgment would be his best shot, so he definitely wouldn't fix that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Relax, man. I was riffing off your frequent "I can fix her" posts.

Context is everything.

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No, need that intact to have a chance.

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

But poor judgment would be his best shot, so he definitely wouldn't fix that. 

gah. beat me to it

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Why are there like 50 lawyers there? I can't remember seeing anything like that.  Are they all Trump's? Is there a benefit to having that many? 

I need help here surly lawyers. 

Although it is one particular defendant's motion, all the lawyers for all the defendants have probably joined it and are present in any event to argue if needed or merely to observe. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Trump and his affiliated PACs are running out of money for his legal fees. Gonna have to hit up MAGA or raid the GOP coffers (once his daughter in law is there):

https://www.threads.net/@lincolnproject.us/post/C3YfS9Vxxrk

“Trump spent $51.2 million in 2023 on legal expenses, and can tap another $23.5 million, most of it stashed in an allied super political action committee that he can use to pay his lawyers. But as his four criminal cases ramp up, those funds are expected to run out at a critical time — around July.”

(article is paywalled unfortunately)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It won't mean he walks.  It is an epic clusterfuck of massive proportions, though.  She is a dumbfuck.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, Thrawn said:

I caught like 20 minutes of it where the black guy (special prosecutor?) was on the stand and he was literally laughing at the dotard lawyers for their dumbass questions that they couldn't even articulate.  The judge finally stepped in and told the lawyer to cease his line of questioning because it was irrelevant and wasting everyone's time.

• Hook 'Em 3