45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think he's losing his touch

Oh yeah well the jerk store called and they're all out of you.

There's a "Trump's rally dance move" joke in here somewhere if the Village People have the courage to do what's right.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tigersnake said:

Long time since I heard this one---Get it, Frosty!!

Every few months if I'm driving around Austin on a Friday around 5  or 6, I'll throw on the extended jam of bonecrusher and fade back to that era for a bit. Song still fucking jams.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Every few months if I'm driving around Austin on a Friday around 5  or 6, I'll throw on the extended jam of bonecrusher and fade back to that era for a bit. Song still fucking jams.

Soulhat at the Black Cat

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Soulhat at the Black Cat

Easily my favorite spot on 6th street back in the day. One of those places where people would mix from all walks of life in Austin. Fun times. 

image.thumb.png.8a5a262076952a29aa664e70524d02dd.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Free hotdogs and cheap lonestar

eta they were either the first or one of the first to be told to turn down their music because the shitass carpetbaggers from California who moved down there started complaining 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

What was the bar/outdoor music venue on Guadalupe, north of 'the Drag' proper?  Like somewhere between 27th & 32nd?  It was across from the old Antone's and Centennial.  On the east side of the street.  they had some minimal food menu but for a few years in the late 90's/early 2000's...they'd have this sunset HH shot special on Wednesday or Thursday, like $1/shot just during sunset and I swear Soulhat played every one 'em for at least a year or two we used to bike over there from Cherrywood.  

Wait, wasn't Antone's on the West Side where that strip center is now with the shoes and used clothing and all that shit?  Or am I confusing my old ass with the record store?  

Anyway, this place wasn't Nasty's or Ruby's BBQ.  Maybe have been Austin Outhouse but I swear it was on the East side of the street with the backdeck stage facing west and Soulhat was there on the weekly.  

Fuck me, middle aged sober me has a worse memory than shitfaced 20yo me.  

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Wait, wasn't Antone's on the West Side where that strip center is now with the shoes and used clothing and all that shit?  Or am I confusing my old ass with the record store?  

Anyway, this place wasn't Nasty's or Ruby's BBQ.  Maybe have been Austin Outhouse but I swear it was on the East side of the street with the backdeck stage facing west and Soulhat was there on the weekly.  

Fuck me, middle aged sober me has a worse memory than shitfaced 20yo me.  

Antone's was on the east side of the street right around 31st or 31st 1/2.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn, I was way more fucked up/high than I thought biking to shows there then.  But the record store was across the street and slightly south of it, right?  I remember seeing Bobby Bland there when I first moved to Austin and thinking it was the coolest place.  It reminded me of sneaking out of the house in chicago as a mid-teen to go see shows at Buddy's Guy's Legends.  I knew enough from family from Texas about Willie, and country, and some other good music.  But I had no idea about the Austin blues scene and saw that show at Antone's.  

back to the thread topic.  Trump's coalition of "Black Blues Musicians for Trump" is not coming together as they'd hoped.  Sad.  Very sad.  Tremendously sad. 

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Damn, I was way more fucked up/high than I thought biking to shows there then.  But the record store was across the street and slightly south of it, right?

Yes, Antone's Records was (and to my knowledge still is) on the west side of Guadalupe in that same general vicinity.

Are you somehow thinking of Spider House, or what was before Spider House?  It wasn't on Guadalupe, just east, but about that same bit north of campus.

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Got a notification from Kevin McKinney that Soulhat is having another show 7/27 at Antone’s. A couple buddies of mine went to see them last year in Austin at another reunion deal. Loved every minute of it, apparently.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, C-Man said:

Got a notification from Kevin McKinney that Soulhat is having another show 7/27 at Antone’s. A couple buddies of mine went to see them last year in Austin at another reunion deal. Loved every minute of it, apparently.

Who's playing drums?

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Yeah I posted in the "Concert your attending" thread in the music forum to not derail this any further. Its not on the  Antones website yet,so I emailed them to verify as I was planning to be out of town that weekend. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who's playing drums?

Conrad Chouroun of Banana Blender Surprise et al.  He's been playing off and on with Kevin since the S'hat Records days of the early/mid 90s.

Edited by dcbc

22 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:
Who's playing drums?

They had some young kid play drums when they played Cottonwood in Houston. He was fantastic.

That kid is in his late 40s.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He's good, I've recorded him.  Nice guy, too.

*Choucroun

I knew him and David Beebe.  He was a year behind me in school, but he took several years off between high school and college to tour with BBS.  When I was a senior, he was a freshman at UT and we had a biology class together.  He's super nice and a great drummer.

/I was trying to fix the spelling when you replied. :) 

Edited by dcbc

It would have been  pretty funny to see that fat shitbucket attempt to storm the capital with the secret service in tow. And then realizing it was a long way off, and just getting back into his limo to swing by the golden arches on the way back to the WH

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

The idea that Trump actually asked them to proceed to the Capitol is utterly laughable.

This. He’s lying 

On 4/30/2024 at 10:24 AM, wildcat09 said:

It's always weird when Snacks pops in like once a year to explain why he thinks Trump can't he held accountable. I remember him arguing that convicting Trump following his second impeachment was unconstitutional, just based on his own vibes or something. 

You'll have to link me that one. I don't often make constitutional claims of any sort.

Are you confusing me with another financial times reader?

24 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Did fuckstick have court today?

I see he violated his gag order at a speech in Wisconsin today.  Somebody please slap this POS already.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 4/30/2024 at 11:28 AM, Gatorubet said:

IMG_2644.gif.09a23a4077b5a0555cdadedaa0a3cb10.gif

I do know that Trump‘s goofy lawyers were arguing that you cannot bring a criminal charge against a president unless he is first impeached and successfully convicted for the same events.

If Snacks was selling that spin he likely heard it on Fox News or somewhere like that.  24/7 on Fox News they are saying that paying off Stormy is not a crime and not election interference - the granular legal explanation being  - it’s Trump - so he did nothing wrong.    if you do not listen to the libtard fake news sources you never really have a clue what is going on in the country or the world.  which is why the country is failing.

What are y'all talking about? I think y'all think someone else is me. 

I'm the guy who thinks ain't shit gonna happen, not because shit shouldn't happen, but because ain't shit ever happened.

I mean, insinuating that I might be a fox news watcher?? 

Wait... Do y'all think I drive a 6 cylinder Camaro?

• Haha 4

He's good, I've recorded him.  Nice guy, too.
*Choucroun

Kevin’s also played a bit with Robb Kidd but maybe not for full-on Soulhat stuff. I played a show at SXSW where Kevin did a late night indoor set with Robb and they played 5 or 6 SH covers, including closing with Bone Crusher. It ripped.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Slacks said:

You'll have to link me that one. I don't often make constitutional claims of any sort.

Are you confusing me with another financial times reader?

5 minutes ago, Slacks said:

What are y'all talking about? I think y'all think someone else is me. 

I'm the guy who thinks ain't shit gonna happen, not because shit shouldn't happen, but because ain't shit ever happened.

I mean, insinuating that I might be a fox news watcher?? 

Wait... Do y'all think I drive a 6 cylinder Camaro?

Well your name is Slacks and they are talking about a poster named Snacks. So I think it’s self-explanatory. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The idea that Trump actually asked them to proceed to the Capitol is utterly laughable.

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. He’s lying 

Are you guys kidding? There was testimony to the effect that he not only asked but threw a fit when the SS denied him. One agent told a witness in the White House that Trump grabbed for the wheel.

I know some disagree, but Trump walking up the steps of the Capitol changes everything. The Capitol Police would be faced with interfering with the President of the US and his Secret Service detail. I think he'd walk in with no resistance.

Plus, he knows the race wasn't stolen. He had to stop the procedure.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I know some disagree, but Trump walking up the steps of the Capitol changes everything. The Capitol Police would be faced with interfering with the President of the US and his Secret Service detail. I think he'd walk in with no resistance.

I forget the timeline. Was it a full-on war zone at the time Dotard wanted to go there? 

16 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

wait

slacks and snacks are different posters?

next you're going to tell me shadow operative 2.0 isn't derka

Dibs on Slacks Snacks for a band name.  Wait… I should rethink that.