45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Lots of shit is 1) within your right to do, but 2) dumb as all fuck.  It is your right to eat your own shit.  The government can't raid your house and stop you from eating a WhatTheBuck turd club sandwich.  But goddamn, would that be a terrible decision on your part.

Your wife is a Christian minister, right?

44 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Bro I had a 1970 Toyota Corona. Deluxe model

e46d72009d6e5d607f1c1dddc8a77992.jpg

"Goodbye Rosie, Toy-ota Carona.

Singing me and Julio down by the schoolyard..." 

-P. Simon, 1972

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump’s son Eric is sitting directly behind him in court, staring straight ahead as Stormy Daniels describes the sexual encounter and its aftermath in excruciating detail.

Say what you will about Trump, but a lot of parents refuse to do anything to further their kids’ sex education.  Meanwhile, Donnie is giving Eric an education that he’ll never forget.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Bro I had a 1970 Toyota Corona. Deluxe model

e46d72009d6e5d607f1c1dddc8a77992.jpg

Front passenger door swung open on hard left turns. Don’t see that much today.

IMG_0352.jpeg.8bfe908f77e6e514a19d6bdf64c301c2.jpeg

Fiat 128 Wagon was mine.  1,300 cc of Baja surf mobile.  75 mph downhill with a 40 mph tail wind.

• Like 2

In related news, happen to click past Fox News and stopped for 2 seconds because they had a picture of the courtroom on screen. Wanted to see what they were saying. This is what I heard verbatim:

You’ve heard of the song American Pie. The day the music died. Well this is the day justice died. The prosecutor put that liar Stormy Daniels on the stand for no other reason than to help the Biden campaign….. click change channel…

Yea those are the actual words. News indeed. I never watch that shit so when I do I appalled every time. But here we are.

• Rage+1 3
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Yea those are the actual words. News indeed. I never watch that shit so when I do I appalled every time. But here we are.

Well it's not like we can expect people to actually look at the source material themselves can we? It's just the norm that folks will mindlessly believe whatever is shown to them simply because it's what's in front of their face - and it wouldn't be allowed to be in front of their face if it was a lie RIGHT??

• Rage+1 1

Fiat 128 Wagon was mine.  1,300 cc of Baja surf mobile.  75 mph downhill with a 40 mph tail wind.
IMG_2680.jpeg.65c041e1a6404ffd4b33e629cf745ddb.jpeg
my next car was this exact car and color. 1975 Dotson B210.   The Arab oil embargo happened and I needed a car with better mileage so my dad paid $3025 for this new beast.  if I recall it had 1175 cc, making your ride a muscle car.      It was a dangerous car with nonexistent acceleration, poor breaking, and loose steering.  But on my best tank of gas, I got 39 miles per gallon.   I was never happier than when I sold it and bought a new 1981 Subaru.   I’d forgotten that a car could surge forward if you put your foot on the accelerator.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Screenshot_20240507_204153_Firefox.thumb.jpg.7142adc7d37c25e45d87b0521ab7a3d9.jpg

This, but with smaller rims and no spoiler. 350 cc V8 1974 Camaro Type LT. Dad bought it new; became my hand-me-down when my big bro left for college in '89.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 4

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

In related news, happen to click past Fox News and stopped for 2 seconds because they had a picture of the courtroom on screen. Wanted to see what they were saying. This is what I heard verbatim:

You’ve heard of the song American Pie. The day the music died. Well this is the day justice died. The prosecutor put that liar Stormy Daniels on the stand for no other reason than to help the Biden campaign….. click change channel…

We have sling, primarily because it gives us ESPN, but I absolutely loathe the fact the invariably I wind up paying these assholes.  Speaking of the devil, anyone know of a streaming package that doesn't?  

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

This, but with smaller rims and no spoiler. 350 cc V8 1974 Camaro Type LT. Dad bought it new; became my hand-me-down when my big bro left for college in '89.

I had a 1973 Type LT.  Fire engine red.  No spoiler.

Also, are you people (YOU PEOPLE) getting Kraco car stereos and Cragar wheels mixed up?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Honestly a beautiful car. 

Dad?

csb/

My old man was a Lincoln man.  One Christmas (74 or 75) we were driving back from my grandparents' house in N. Texas back to Baton Rouge, and we were in my dad's Mark IV.  The Cordoba commercials had been running a lot over the holidays and they worked on my dad.  

We stopped at a Chrysler dealership in Dallas and he traded his silver Lincoln in on a cream cordoba w/ a tan, fine Corinthian leather interior.  He kept it for two years and then returned to Lincolns.  My mom had several makes but the Cordoba was the only car my dad bought for himself that wasn't a Lincoln.

I think they're pretty damned cool, too.  Fun memory. 

• Hook 'Em 2

#lockherup

JFC, I hate this day and age of twitter legal eagle clickbait shit. Proving BRD that Trump explicitly directed Habba to make these statements would be required. One can, as this article does, easily draw that logical conclusion/inference, but that’s not how this shit works.
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, scottsins said:

JFC, I hate this day and age of twitter legal eagle clickbait shit. Proving BRD that Trump explicitly directed Habba to make these statements would be required. One can, as this article does, easily draw that logical conclusion/inference, but that’s not how this shit works.

Depends on what she is to trump in an official capacity. If she is speaking on behalf of trump it’s a violation if she’s just a crazy maga supporter it’s not. 

is he paying her or not? Is she his attorney at all or not? This is how this shit works. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Depends on what she is to trump in an official capacity. If she is speaking on behalf of trump it’s a violation if she’s just a crazy maga supporter it’s not. 

is he paying her or not? Is she his attorney at all or not? This is how this shit works. 

The gag order states that others may not comment "at his direction."  The answer is "it depends" on things we don't know from her post alone.  Even if she's still on the payroll, more info is needed, particularly if the next stop on the contempt train is jail.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, immamac said:

And to be frank, playing in this legal gray area such that it confounds prosecution through uncertainty is EXACTLY trumpco's MO. He abuses and exploits safeguards against tyrannical prosecution to the point where he handcuffs the any action against him from the jump. 

It's largely why it's taken more than three fuckin years to get his orange ass into a courtroom. He kicks up enough dust and silt that justice has to stop and clean it all up for fear of future appeal due to lack of cleanliness. Trump makes the mess and then gets the benefit of delay or just getting away with it, simply because it takes more effort to clean up lies and bullshit than it does to make lies and bullshit 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Don't you gimme no buick
Son you must take my word
If there's a God in Heaven
He's got a silver thunderbird
You can keep your El Dorados
And the foreign car's absurd
Me I wanna go down
In a silver thunderbird

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

That looks down right luxurious.

This was my actual ride in Highschool.  No AC, No Floorboards, No horn, and an electrical system haunted by fickle ghosts.  I put in a Blaupunkt Stereo but only had cash left over for  Swap Shop "Pioneer" Speakers

image.thumb.png.278910c260e188202b987d88b891d9cf.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, immamac said:

She’s his lawyer, she bills, he doesn’t pay..

Edited by 'stache
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

So apparently all laws must say they include President Donald Trump or they don’t apply to him?

They're applying the same braindead "if it's not an EXACT fuckin match we do nothing" logic that is used to determine if a cop murdering a dude should be prosecuted or not. Authoritarians are looking out for Bossman. 

• Rage+1 3

Surly legal cartel will be here soon enough to set your ass straight.  This is how the system is intended to work, it's just unfortunate that the only time in history it has functioned this way is when it's in favor of Orange Turd Fucker.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll beat this dead horse again as ConLaw was one of the few good grades I got in law school.  There's being originalist and then there's this insanity.  The guardrails were not written regarding Presidential behavior for the very fucking simple reason they just didn't bother to lay out every scenario for abuse of power.  "Well the framers never mentioned a President making a phone call to digitally scan electronic voting machines of Black voters in the late 1700's.  Therefore as an originalist, we cannot possibly allow this case to move forward to Georgia."

Oh, they didn't have telephones, electronic ballots, or black voters in Georgia back then?  Fucking shocked.  Did we have assault rifles, airplanes, or a nuclear arsenal?  Why are they regulated?  

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

So apparently all laws must say they include President Donald Trump or they don’t apply to him?

There is a notion lurking somewhere in the law that certain criminal offenses may not apply to POTUS or other federal officials unless Congress makes that clear.  The better view is that Congress knows how to exclude persons from the reach of criminal statutes, and unless it does so explicitly, did not so exclude.

• Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Stormy Daniels is talking about going to the bathroom in Trump’s hotel suite and seeing a “leather-looking” toiletry bag on the counter. She says she saw Old Spice 

He wears shitty cologne just like us!

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There is a notion lurking somewhere in the law that certain criminal offenses may not apply to POTUS or other federal officials unless Congress makes that clear.  The better view is that Congress knows how to exclude persons from the reach of criminal statutes, and unless it does so explicitly, did not so exclude.

You're making a good argument that Congress isn't actually a well functioning part of the government, and maybe our system isn't exactly the best. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Four years just wasn't enough time to prosecute him for trying to steal the last election, I guess. Probably shouldn't have sat on their hands for two years. 

this is where i lay the blame.  even congress was able to jump on the ball and have an impeachment trial in a matter of weeks.

22 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Surly legal cartel will be here soon enough to set your ass straight.  This is how the system is intended to work, it's just unfortunate that the only time in history it has functioned this way is when it's in favor of Orange Turd Fucker.

I’ve been here saying the law is fake for years.

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I had a 1973 Type LT.  Fire engine red.  No spoiler.

Also, are you people (YOU PEOPLE) getting Kraco car stereos and Cragar wheels mixed up?

No, Kraco got their start by making "snap on" whitewall attachments, to change your ordinary black tires into whitewalls.

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

this is where i lay the blame.  even congress was able to jump on the ball and have an impeachment trial in a matter of weeks.

Nothing really happened until after the 1/6 committee was finished. By that point it had been almost two years. Thanks Merrick. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Satchel said:

Why is nobody talking about the biggest bullet Stormy dodged? She was almost an aggy.

her time at the gold club in Baton Rouge matches up to me probably seeing her there 

#csb