What’s your favorite completely fucked up movie?

tbone_

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

Hard to believe Boorman followed up Deliverance with it (though he then went on to do The Exorcist II so maybe Deliverance was the outlier?)

There are several good Boorman films.  Hope and Glory, The General, Point Blank and Tailor of Panama. and of course, Excalibur. 

This is a pretty good article on him. 
https://www.indiewire.com/2015/03/the-7-essential-films-of-john-boorman-266342/amp/

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

They were showing it at Dobie in the 80s so when a buddy and I read that the county attorney was going to shut it down we couldn’t resist. We were thrown out for being too loud and drunk.

While we’re on the subject…

ADD181E8-37B3-406A-8347-9B3B9E3458C1.jpeg.390c49b3ea4054cf8ac57190e0ef5d84.jpeg

Haven’t read the whole thread. I assume this one has been discussed 

I second this...

If non-fiction is also allowed, then Jodorowsky's Dune. The insane ideas that guy had for his 'adaptation', if you could even call it that, were beyond belief. And he had the nerve to criticise the 1984 David Lynch version. Atleast Lynch understood the story and emphasized the key points. No one would have understood the nonsense Jodorowsky was coming up with. But I must admit, it was an entertaining documentary.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ouflak said:

If non-fiction is also allowed, then Jodorowsky's Dune. The insane ideas that guy had for his 'adaptation', if you could even call it that, were beyond belief. And he had the nerve to criticise the 1984 David Lynch version. Atleast Lynch understood the story and emphasized the key points. No one would have understood the nonsense Jodorowsky was coming up with. But I must admit, it was an entertaining documentary.

As I recall, Jodorowsky admitted he never read the book?

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 10:10 PM, dogbreath said:

There are several good Boorman films.  Hope and Glory, The General, Point Blank and Tailor of Panama. and of course, Excalibur. 

https://www.indiewire.com/2015/03/the-7-essential-films-of-john-boorman-266342/amp/

The Emerald Forest is better than several of the "essential films" listed

Hope and Glory is one of my favorite WW2 movies. Ever since I was a kid. In fact, I was so frustrated the other day that I can’t buy a streaming copy, I ordered the blue ray.

The Emerald Forest is better than several of the "essential films" listed

I mentioned in the movie you just watched thread that I watched it last night for the first time in like 15 years. Still a cool movie and not really fucked up in the sense of this thread.

On 4/19/2023 at 10:10 PM, dogbreath said:

and of course, Excalibur. 

Not to derail the fucked up movie thread but if I’m flipping channels and this is on I have to watch it to the end.  Good, solid, violent story and what a cast. Although I do have to turn my head when hot ass Helen Mirren gets mummified 

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hope and Glory is one of my favorite WW2 movies. Ever since I was a kid. In fact, I was so frustrated the other day that I can’t buy a streaming copy, I ordered the blue ray.

I mentioned in the movie you just watched thread that I watched it last night for the first time in like 15 years. Still a cool movie and not really fucked up in the sense of this thread.

Nope, not fucked up, just a better film then some of the "essential Borman" that guy listed.

image.thumb.png.cc0109fd2429f1405df3fd87bd1346ee.png

part of the reason this one was so fucked up was bc it looked and felt like a documentary.

it was mostly unknown/ unprofessional young people (at the time) and apparently the set was a real free for all, which really came thru on screen. they wrote and cast several of the characters from actual skater/punk kids, and it shows. 

this movie stuck with me for a really long time, i mean it actually made me feel disturbed!

ETA one more, which really doesn't need any explanation. it might as well be a documentary, as well as sadly prescient... 

image.png.f9e495b6729626c0705ff2bbc3fd35bc.png

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Flipping through HBOmax movies last night.  Wife scrolls passed Drive Angry.  I said I'll watch anything with Nic Cage, especially if Amber Heard is in it.  I was right.  

Drive Angry was pretty fucked up.  

Google search "Drive Angry nudity" for interesting results.  NSFW.

Edit:  I'll just add this....

drive-angry-amber-heard1-e1307377659324.

Edited by Elvis
  • Hook 'Em 1

About 6 years old.  Brothers and I are being babysat at a home in Plano.  I can't sleep, so I sneak downstairs.  Oh cool.  Babysitter is watching an animated movie.  I hide behind a chair near the hall to watch.  Needless to say, I found out that animated characters have boobs and can be slaughtered.  Scarred me for awhile.

Wizards (1977) | unshavedmouse

• Hook 'Em 1

The other day I remembered this one.  Multiple Maniacs with Divine.  It is beyond bizarre.  Here's a link or two to help get you in the mood.
Divine (performer) - Wikipedia           Scroll down to find the quote in a blue box on the left side about paying 10 dollars for the show.

Didn’t Divine literally eat shit in a movie?

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, mchookem said:

shit, if we're just talking Jake movies...Nocturnal Animals is pretty fucked up, too. 

Nightcrawler was awesome, i thought he should have gotten an Oscar nod for that role. 

Which of those is the one where he's the tabloid photographer?  I've seen that one and liked it.  I don't think I've seen the other one.

Read the plot synopsis of August Underground’s Mordum. Do not YouTube even one second of that fucked-up shit; I know about it only because some dude in a bar in London overhead me and a co-worker having this exact conversation about A Serbian Film and was like “that’s fucking nothing”.

To clarify, this isn’t my ‘favorite’ anything; rather the most fucked-up film I’ve ever heard of…

Edited by Ignatius

Read the plot synopsis of August Underground’s Mordum. Do not YouTube even one second of that fucked-up shit; I know about it only because some dude in a bar in London overhead me and a co-worker having this exact conversation about A Serbian Film and was like “that’s fucking nothing”.
To clarify, this isn’t my ‘favorite’ anything; rather the most fucked-up film I’ve ever heard of…

The synopses for both include “snuff film”. Hard pass.

Can we get back to *favorite* fucked up films?

On 5/11/2023 at 9:11 PM, Ignatius said:

Oh yea. My mind had blocked that one from memory. 

Definitely takes the #1 spot. For all time probably. 

I'm gonna hug my dog now for a couple of hours to help with the shivering.

Mark of the Devil was a film that was supposedly so gross and shocking they were handing out barf bags in theaters, I've never watched it.  The Dunwich Horror was another back in the early 70s that was allegedly shocking for movie goers.