Black Teenager Shot for Ringing Wrong Doorbell

TexEx15

1 minute ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Like the shooter knows how to use a computer?

What do you think NextDoor's main demographic is? Old ass white people who have nothing better to do than live in fear of anyone who comes to their door.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Which half of the country?  Because I remember this sage home defense advice from our dear leader:

spacer.png

Well, he’s got a point. That’s why my 870 is in the corner of my bedroom. I’m Matthew Fucking Quigley with my 25-06, but that’s not in the dark, groggy from my post-coital time with your mom. 
The older I get, the more I like my shotgun. 

The father of a 16-year-old Kansas City student who was shot Thursday in the Northland said his son, Ralph Yarl, is home from the hospital. 

Paul Yarl on Monday morning told The Star that Yarl, a junior at Staley High School, was released from the hospital on Sunday. 

He is now back home with his mother, a nurse, who is taking off time from work to care for her son, Yarl said.

“He continues to improve. He’s responsive and he’s making good progress,” Yarl said.

Yarl spent three nights in the hospital after he was shot after going to the wrong home to pick up his younger brothers, who are twins, family said.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article274400460.html

So that’s at least positive—-he’s out of the hospital. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

The only thing wrong with the kid is he wants to go to Texas A&M…
“Yarl's goal is to study chemical engineering at Texas A&M University and visit West Africa before starting college, his aunt wrote in a GoFundMe page.”

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/17/1170479923/ralph-yarl-kansas-city-teen-shooting

Well, this will prepare him for a similar reception at Fish Camp.

32 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I know this happened in a different state, but has Abbott requested a pardon for the guy yet?

I'm still waiting for the 16-year-old's old Instagram posts to pop up showing him brandishing a nerf gun and having a candy cigarette in his mouth...

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know the neighbors did nothing illegal by not helping him, but it’s such a shitty thing to do that they should be doxxed and publicly shamed, if they really did nothing- and the last one made him lay down before helping. Being paranoid or careful is one thing, but call 911 and request ambulance and cops and then explain why.  They may have done that but the kid didn’t realize. If not, they fucking suck as humans. 

Perhaps you missed the part of the story where he was a black male.  Thus, outcome explained.

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know the neighbors did nothing illegal by not helping him, but it’s such a shitty thing to do that they should be doxxed and publicly shamed, if they really did nothing- and the last one made him lay down before helping. Being paranoid or careful is one thing, but call 911 and request ambulance and cops and then explain why.  They may have done that but the kid didn’t realize. If not, they fucking suck as humans. 

Didn't want to get shot for helping the black kid.

51 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I would assume a number of factors were at play.  You hear gunshots and see an unfamiliar male down with an injury...and then another gunshot and can't really tell where its' coming from...maybe your first inclination is not to leave your home.  I get it.  Could be a buncha olds or folks with young kids.  Not every street in Tennessee is stacked with Volunteer EMS workers off-duty and good guys with guns.  

But, if I'm a prosecutor of the old man...I'm asking every single one of those people, under oath, why they didn't leave their homes to assist this young man.  None of 'em are gonna say because he looked like a thug.  But what some of them are gonna have to admit, again under oath, is the simple truth,

"I heard gunshots, saw an unarmed boy get shot multiple times, including the head.  And I was in fear the shooter would see me and come for me next."  Make them say the fearful part out loud.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That dude shouldn’t have a driver’s license, much less a gun.

We took my grandpa’s guns before the state took his license.  I would like to thank the state of Texas (can’t believe I just said that) for being the bad guy in telling him he couldn’t drive anymore.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I would assume a number of factors were at play.  You hear gunshots and see an unfamiliar male down with an injury...and then another gunshot and can't really tell where its' coming from...maybe your first inclination is not to leave your home.  I get it.  Could be a buncha olds or folks with young kids.  Not every street in Tennessee is stacked with Volunteer EMS workers off-duty and good guys with guns.  

But, if I'm a prosecutor of the old man...I'm asking every single one of those people, under oath, why they didn't leave their homes to assist this young man.  None of 'em are gonna say because he looked like a thug.  But what some of them are gonna have to admit, again under oath, is the simple truth,

"I heard gunshots, saw an unarmed boy get shot multiple times, including the head.  And I was in fear the shooter would see me and come for me next."  Make them say the fearful part out loud.  

You sound like you’d rush out and help in this scenario?

There are several steps I’d have to complete before exiting my house. Even if my family wasn’t home.

16 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That dude shouldn’t have a driver’s license, much less a gun.

Because I think of responsible gun guys like armybrat.  Guy can't whip ass in fisticuffs like when he bareknuckle boxed that Irish Longshoreman for 37 rounds in the 1880's for infecting his country with the scourge of potato breath.  I'd actually rather folks of an age have firearms than driver's licenses.  The stats bear out, gun owners over 75 don't really pose a threat but for, sadly, sometimes young people find their guns which are not properly stored.  I bet you dollars to donuts, despite their FoxNews allegiance, most gun owners over 75 would be okay with some sort of addiotional storage training/safety module/on-site inspection just of the safety-no registry of actual firepower/ammo.  \

Other than a mistaken home break-in or what have you, they're not shooting up schools or murdering spouses.  It's a few quiet suicides and the occasional vigilante mission to Chicago.  It's behind the wheel, they're a fucking menace to everybody.  Yes, birds too.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Yarbr said:

There are several steps I’d have to complete before exiting my house. Even if my family wasn’t home.

Didn't say that at all.  Quite the opposite.  I'm guessing it was a very bizarre, surreal scene for these folks to see on a quiet suburban street.  So they paused, and rightfully so.  Which means they were in fear of an active shooter.  Which means, they're gonna have to come to terms with some shit.  

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Tonight, Tucker Carlson is gonna let us know this kid flunked a Geometry exam last year, therefore the homeowner was justified.

Shouldn’t even have to qualify the kid as being a good kid to justify not getting shot. It’s fucking ridiculous how the news is going out of its way to point out how good a kid he is, no kid should get shot in that situation regardless if they’re a band nerd or not.

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Glad the drunk, racist man of God dropped into this thread with his bullshit.  Fuck you man.  You are one of the biggest pussies around. 

no no this version of Sack is sober now and drinking delta 8 seltzers to unwind, not at any point thinking of the hypocrisy of his voting record versus his use of weed.

15 minutes ago, Yarbr said:

I’d rush out to help anyone bleeding on my lawn, it’s the natural human response. But I admit while I’ve lived in poorer neighborhoods and some kind of sketchy ones, it’s never been one I didn’t feel unsafe opening the door to check on a noise. I’m sure 99% of this board hasn’t either.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

When you ask AI to create a picture of your average nightly Fox News viewer

image.png.87db4681b611b8a53f43d5200733a726.png

noCR/  But we're just not talking about the fact that he wore a mypillow fleece blanket as a shawl to his booking photograph?  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Yarbr said:

My wife and I discussed how we would react in a scenario like this.  In light of the gunfire that would immediately precede finding the young man in our yard, she would call 911 and give first aid while I stood overwatch.  It's entirely fucked up that I would have to explain to my wife battlefield rules for rendering assistance to an injured person in our own fucking front yard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

More on the neighbors thing. 

A neighbor, who asked not to be identified, tells CNN she called 911 after Ralph came to her door, bleeding.

She was directed to stay inside her home by the emergency operator, for her safety as the shooter's location was unknown.

"I wanted to help him, but they kept saying that we don't know where the shooter is at," the woman said.

She complied initially, then went outside with towels to help suppress the bleeding.

Sounds like a real gem of a 911 operator. Good thing that lady isn't a spineless pussy.

My wife and I practiced this exact scenario last week. She called 9-11 and screamed hysterically at the operator about some black guy bleeding on her grass. I went outside and tried some First Aid shit and attempted to suck out the bullets. My son, stop, dropped and rolled. Anyway, mission not accomplished so we tried again. But again, we failed.

We weren't very successful until we switched rolls, Finally some progress. I called 9-11 and told my wife to go outside and pretend the black guy was a crawfish and told my son that he wasn't invited to the roll play. 5 minutes later, my wife had two spent bullets between her cheek and gums. I was proud of my little chipmunk. Too bad the cops arrived instead of EMS and shot the black dummy.

We'll have to try again.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Bevo said:

My wife and I practiced this exact scenario last week. She called 9-11 and screamed hysterically at the operator about some black guy bleeding on her grass. I went outside and tried some First Aid shit and attempted to suck out the bullets. My son, stop, dropped and rolled. Anyway, mission not accomplished so we tried again. But again, we failed.

We weren't very successful until we switched rolls, Finally some progress. I called 9-11 and told my wife to go outside and pretend the black guy was a crawfish and told my son that he wasn't invited to the roll play. 5 minutes later, my wife had two spent bullets between her cheek and gums. I was proud of my little chipmunk. Too bad the cops arrived instead of EMS and shot the black dummy.

We'll have to try again.

Wat

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2