Shark eats a dude (graphic)

bschoolprof

but I heard if you just bop a shark on the nose or gouge it's eyes, it will swim away....  The fuck it will, if it wants to eat you, you're done.  I imagine you may have a slightly better chance with diving gear on and seeing underwater but if you're just on the surface, good luck.  Your only hope is that you're a world class, fast swimmer and you get a head start before it rips a leg or torso off.

• Hook 'Em 1

That second video they seem like they're mad at the shark. WTF do you think they gonna do? It's not their fault. If they want to catch it, should be to avoid it eating someone else, not to be mad about a shark being a shark.

1 hour ago, ballrific said:

but I heard if you just bop a shark on the nose or gouge it's eyes, it will swim away....  The fuck it will, if it wants to eat you, you're done.  I imagine you may have a slightly better chance with diving gear on and seeing underwater but if you're just on the surface, good luck.  Your only hope is that you're a world class, fast swimmer and you get a head start before it rips a leg or torso off.

Surfing in El Salvador was fun. Shark infested and all that. We used to joke and say god bless the dolphins. 

Dad took me diving in Panama off a point where there was a meat packing plant. I told him fuck no at 10 feet and went back to the boat. 

As we kill off the fish, they are going to find more food somewhere. Seals and tourists beware. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, ballrific said:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9526lt34c6s1pxh49nc7qp

Curious...What do you think your chances are against fighting a chimp?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Drool 1

Lady got got here in Maui last fall/winter. Didn’t find a trace of her. Tigers do not give a fuck if you taste like cigarettes and diabeetus. Their food sources are being fucked with, it’s just going to get worse.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lady got got here in Maui last fall/winter. Didn’t find a trace of her. Tigers do not give a fuck if you taste like cigarettes and diabeetus.

"He didn't eat a car, did he?"

"No, A tiger shark's like a garbage can.  It'll eat anything."  

There is a disturbing lack of Jaws quotes on this thread.  I'm doing my part.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lady got got here in Maui last fall/winter. Didn’t find a trace of her. Tigers do not give a fuck if you taste like cigarettes and diabeetus. Their food sources are being fucked with, it’s just going to get worse.

Great Whites have been seen more often and closer to shore in many spots because the seal population has been increasing. I am surprised to hear that tiger shark attacks are increasing because they don't have enough food.

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Great Whites have been seen more often and closer to shore in many spots because the seal population has been increasing. I am surprised to hear that tiger shark attacks are increasing because they don't have enough food.

To be fair I have zero stats to back that up.  Just feels like there’s been more popping up. Then again I am more exposed to shark news since moving here and check the state attack reports here pretty frequently. A lot try to be kept as quiet as possible in Hawaii for obvious reasons.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9526lt34c6s1pxh49nc7qpkne8dnt441mjv0p6831ei&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

Curious...What do you think your chances are against fighting a chimp?
I know the thread,harhar...what I meant by head start swimming, say 20 ft lead with 10ft to shore? A chance!..

Outrunning chimp with head start? So-so chance.. Hand to hand combat? Zero chance with probably multiple limbs torn off along with both testicles chewed off
  • Haha 1

Terrible ways to die thread is that way.

My mother's college roommate was on her honeymoon snorkeling with her new husband when a shark came out of nowhere and took him away.  I remember hearing that story as a kid and vowing to stay the hell out of the ocean.

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Going to padre in a couple weeks. I won't be going in more than ankle deep. Following the dogs example. She knows there's danger in that murky Gulf water.

Friend's son got bitten by a hammerhead in ankle deep water down at the Texas coast. 

9 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Terrible ways to die thread is that way.

My mother's college roommate was on her honeymoon snorkeling with her new husband when a shark came out of nowhere and took him away.  I remember hearing that story as a kid and vowing to stay the hell out of the ocean.

That's what she told the authorities, anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ballrific said:

There are plenty of stories of people succesfuly repelling shark attacks. Probably many more than people actually dying. Granted a lot of those are probably people with goggles and gear on. 

I thought it looked like multiple sharks at some frames in this video. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deej said:

Friend's son got bitten by a hammerhead in ankle deep water down at the Texas coast. 

I have been bumped twice by a shark in less than knee deep water. Once in Florida by a baby hammerhead and once in South padre by idk what kind. Just saw a fin afterwards. Eerie shit.

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Law school buddy of mine got bitten by a shark several years back while spear fishing. /csb

I was spear fishing in New Zealand back in the 90's. My father-in-law taps me and points off in one direction and I notice the shark he is pointing out. I was climbing over everyone to get back in the boat. Fuck y'all, every man for himself. Blood in the water and I wanted out of there. A couple of guys killed the shark and dragged it up on the beach. Fucker was almost 12 feet long. Never getting in the ocean again. 

22 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I have been bumped twice by a shark in less than knee deep water. Once in Florida by a baby hammerhead and once in South padre by idk what kind. Just saw a fin afterwards. Eerie shit.

Had this happen when I was in A school in Pensacola. We were a decent way out and holy fuck it scared the shit out me. Next day we went fishing on and caught 2 sharks. After that shit yea I don’t really go out in ocean anymore 

7 hours ago, BERT said:

You could at least pretend to read the thread

Eh, I was having issues with images loading earlier apparently.  I did go looking for it.  I went back and rep'd it.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Had this happen when I was in A school in Pensacola. We were a decent way out and holy fuck it scared the shit out me. Next day we went fishing on and caught 2 sharks. After that shit yea I don’t really go out in ocean anymore 

I hooked a shark by the tail when we were salmon fishing off the coast of Washington when I was in high school.  Damned thing swung that tail hard, flung the hook back toward the boat and hit me in the head.  Probably would dive with a couple of barrels on him.

I was snorkeling at tilloo cay in the Abacos when I was maybe 14 when I looked over and there was a black tip shadowing me that looked 47' long to my little kid brain. I am pretty sure I skipped across the top of the water on the way back to our Avon rubber dingy. I am 100% sure that was the worst thing I could have done but fuckit, I am alive.  /csb

Sharks terrify me because of that.

6 hours ago, ballrific said:

I doubt even Greg Louganis can put swim a shark.   Your only hope is swimming faster than your buddy in the waters with you 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I was snorkeling at tilloo cay in the Abacos when I was maybe 14 when I looked over and there was a black tip shadowing me that looked 47' long to my little kid brain. I am pretty sure I skipped across the top of the water on the way back to our Avon rubber dingy. I am 100% sure that was the worst thing I could have done but fuckit, I am alive.  /csb

Sharks terrify me because of that.

The only thing worse would be hearing the click of the door locking as you turned around to see South Austin's mom. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Happened to  me in Galveston in high school. The amount of shit that I immediately expelled into the water scared it away, at least that's my theory.

7 hours ago, closetohumping said:

I doubt even Greg Louganis can put swim a shark.  

Well yeah, because he's a fucking diver.

7 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Your only hope is swimming faster than your buddy in the waters with you 

The Muppets Agree GIF by ABC Network

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3