Shark eats a dude (graphic)

bschoolprof

11 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

“But shark attacks are just mistakes . . . Once they realize you are not food, they swim away.”

Um no. That was some straight up Chrissy Watkins shit right there. Horrifying. 

Unless you are a shark.

Baby Shark Dance | Sing and Dance! | Animal Songs | PINKFONG Songs for  Children animated gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I'm gonna be in Egypt in 10 or 12 days.  The only activity involving water is a Nile River cruise and I am damn sure not going to go swimming anywhere other than a pool while there.

It's not the sharks that scare me - it's the crocodiles.  They are GD living dinosaurs and snatch people all the time.  

9 hours ago, Slacks said:

I thought sharks didn't like the taste of people. 

Damn. 

Always made me chuckle - did someone ask one?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I'm gonna be in Egypt in 10 or 12 days.  The only activity involving water is a Nile River cruise and I am damn sure not going to go swimming anywhere other than a pool while there.

It's one of the best trips I've ever had.  As you glide up the river, you see farmers along the shore tending crops in exactly the same way they've done since the pharaohs.  The plots are generally too small to have heavily mechanized agriculture.  So they're out there plowing the fields with oxen and sowing by hand.  It was just amazing.

Feel free to PM me for any tips.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just read some article a day or two ago by some special shark expert saying that sharks are misunderstood.  He said there only about 5 shark related deaths a year in the world.  Imagine the odds of getting one on video.  

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

It's not the sharks that scare me - it's the crocodiles.  They are GD living dinosaurs and snatch people all the time.  

Always made me chuckle - did someone ask one?

15 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's one of the best trips I've ever had.  As you glide up the river, you see farmers along the shore tending crops in exactly the same way they've done since the pharaohs.  The plots are generally too small to have heavily mechanized agriculture.  So they're out there plowing the fields with oxen and sowing by hand.  It was just amazing.

Feel free to PM me for any tips.

11 minutes ago, kevwun said:

We're going to Athens, a couple of Greek islands and then Cairo.  There are so many different parts of the trip I am looking forward to that I couldn't pick what my favorite will be if I had to.

All the Nile Crocodiles are south of Lake Nasser I believe.  The Nile actually has some gorgeous swimming spots. We stopped a few times on our private cruise last November and enjoyed them.  And Egypt is amazing.  

27 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Just read some article a day or two ago by some special shark expert saying that sharks are misunderstood.  He said there only about 5 shark related deaths a year in the world.  Imagine the odds of getting one on video.  

I think more people die of snake* bites per year than from sharks.

*snek

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

You don't want to go swimming in the Nile either.  

52 minutes ago, kevwun said:

We're going to Athens, a couple of Greek islands and then Cairo.  There are so many different parts of the trip I am looking forward to that I couldn't pick what my favorite will be if I had to.

We went over Spring Break last year.  It was one of the few places I've said, and meant, I want to go back to.  So much to see and do.  

I recommend listening to Bob Brier's Great Course on the History of Ancient Egypt.  I did it on audible, but you can find it various places. 

43 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

All the Nile Crocodiles are south of Lake Nasser I believe.  The Nile actually has some gorgeous swimming spots. We stopped a few times on our private cruise last November and enjoyed them.  And Egypt is amazing.  

Sure, that's what they tell the tourists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The lesson is that most animals, fish, reptiles and insects in Africa want to kill you.

I used to live in Australia and it’s even worse there-basically the first or second most venomous incarnation of every species evolved in Australia, including the women.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Is his girlfriend the one filming? If they're Russian, why is she speaking English? 

And what is a 'shark shark'?

She reportedly had been in the water with him but was able to get away. His dad was on the shore and saw the whole thing.