Tourist Trip to Titanic Terribly Turns Tragic

MrBig

If the thing loses power, sinks, and is just sitting on the bottom of the Atlantic in the dark with five people on board, then what?  Bang on the hull hoping someone hears you?

I bet they pair off like the end of Spies LIke Us after they launch the nuke?  

• Haha 5

So lots of conspiracy theories but mainly centered on Shahzada Dawood (the wealthy Pakistani on board the sub with his son, Suleman.)

If this was sabotage in any way many on Twitter and elsewhere think it was to take Dawood out.

some of the theories center on the obscure. He is also a trustee of SETI, the California-based research institute. SETI is a generic acronym that stands for the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. 

So now basically people are suggesting that this was just a voyage to get picked up by the aliens. I guess. Lol…or not? 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

So lots of conspiracy theories but mainly centered on Shahzada Dawood (the wealthy Pakistani on board the sub with his son, Suleman.)

If this was sabotage in any way many on Twitter and elsewhere think it was to take Dawood out.

some of the theories center on the obscure. He is also a trustee of SETI, the California-based research institute. SETI is a generic acronym that stands for the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence. 

So now basically people are suggesting that this was just a voyage to get picked up by the aliens. I guess. Lol…or not? 

So his highness or majesty or whatever he is Charles has demanded to be kept up to speed.  What the fuck is he going to do about it?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

So his highness or majesty or whatever he is Charles has demanded to be kept up to speed.  What the fuck is he going to do about it?

Have you seen KC’s ears? Maybe they can have him put his ear up to the ocean? He can hear the sub…? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Between that engineer saying they made it 'extremely fast' and his look, coupled with a carbon fiber shell.   Haha.    Okay, I think I am pivoting away from the wives arranged it a conspiracy, to they just wanted to hold the record for the deepest circle jerk.  

11 minutes ago, MrBig said:

This might seem important. So taking a shit and the viewport blows out.

Or, Pakistani kid was vaping at unregulated pressure. 

At the meeting Lochridge discovered why he had been denied access to the viewport information from the Engineering department—the viewport at the forward of the submersible was only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate intended to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters. Lochridge learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters.

For reference, the Titanic is estimated to sit on the ocean floor at a depth of nearly 13,000 feet.

Paying passengers wouldn’t know or be informed about Lochridge’s concerns, according to his complaints. They also wouldn’t be informed “that hazardous flammable materials were being used within the submersible.” Lochridge expressed concerns about the Titan again. But OceanGate didn’t address those concerns, and Lockridge was fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoTex said:

If the thing loses power, sinks, and is just sitting on the bottom of the Atlantic in the dark with five people on board, then what?  Bang on the hull hoping someone hears you?

I bet they pair off like the end of Spies LIke Us after they launch the nuke?  

Vanessa Angel was sooooooooo hot.

26 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Looks like a repurposed Iron Lung.  

Arthur Digby Sellers left it to OceanGate in his will.

And, if they can bring that thing up -- and it hasn't compressed -- I bet Sunny Moberg could fashion it into a hell of a fine smoker!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

At the meeting Lochridge discovered why he had been denied access to the viewport information from the Engineering department—the viewport at the forward of the submersible was only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate intended to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters. Lochridge learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters.

For reference, the Titanic is estimated to sit on the ocean floor at a depth of nearly 13,000 feet.

Paying passengers wouldn’t know or be informed about Lochridge’s concerns, according to his complaints. They also wouldn’t be informed “that hazardous flammable materials were being used within the submersible.” Lochridge expressed concerns about the Titan again. But OceanGate didn’t address those concerns, and Lockridge was fired. 

How you gonna be in America and post using both meters and feet. Is 13,000 feet more or less than 4,000 meters? Nobody here knows, 'murica.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If I'm spending any decent sum of money (decent in my view, or $250,000 if I was rich) to be stuck in a confined space with 4 or 5 other people for 16 hours or more, they better be cheerleaders.

Yeah, but what are you doing for the remaining 15h58m of the trip? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If I'm spending any decent sum of money (decent in my view, or $250,000 if I was rich) to be stuck in a confined space with 4 or 5 other people for 16 hours or more, they better be cheerleaders.

spacer.png

edit: should have known someone would beat me to it

Edited by Auto Driller

Nothing but red flags for me...

Did they bring extra AAA batteries for the controller?

The pressure at a 13,000 ft water depth is ~ 5,800 PSI (pounds per square inch); Not unlike an F150 pickup balanced on your big toe.

A pressure hull made from 2 dissimilar materials, carbon-fiber and titanium, that expands/contracts w/ pressure & temperature changes, at different rates, and that are mechanically joined together by a third material.

Why the Titan wasn't safety classed?
Marlene Lenthang

The missing submersible Titan wasn’t classed by an independent group that sets safety standards, as most chartered vessels are. 

OceanGate said in a blog post in February 2019 that Titan wasn’t classed because its technology was so new and their innovation “falls outside of the existing industry paradigm.”

It said there’d be a “multi-year approval cycle due to a lack of pre-existing standards.”

Classing usually checks if vessels meet standards in buoyancy, number of life rafts and hull materials, the blog post said. OceanGate said that while classing has a safety value, it is “not sufficient to ensure safety.”

On other words, "... we're going to do something that's never been done before, so it doesn't have to meet any kind of existing safety standards ..."

image.png.10a1c6c4122926555386c7877dba147b.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tailgate said:

That's shocking to look at.  Nothing that thing is built of looks to me like "withstand a million pounds of pressure".  I build shit that withstands thousands of pounds of pressure, and it's thick AF.  Possible those dudes went down, and with no warning whatsoever, the whole thing simply was no more.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

OceanGate may need to lawyer up.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Cameron made like 33 trips to the wreckage…to make this I think. Anyway, he’s been awfully silent the last 24 plus hours…

This movie is a great look at the inside of the Titanic. Their equipment from 20 years ago looks light years ahead of that sperm looking death tube.