12-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT

immamac

Fuck Oregon.

All of our chips are on Gator or Louisville 

Yes, we beat Alabama in September but if you think a 1 loss SEC champ Nick Saban, coming off beating 30 game win streak Georgia would get shut out of the playoffs then you've never watched college football before.

Noles are going down

Rose: 1 Michigan 4 Texas

Sugar: 2 Washington 3 Alabama

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas also only beat TCU by 3 two weeks ago and Oklahoma beat them by a gazillon.  How far are we going to play this game?

It really comes down to FSU, Alabama and Georgia: there is zero chance that the SEC is getting shut out.  And I find FSU suddenly very non compelling.

From there both Texas and Oregon control their own fates . But Oregon more so than Texas. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

8 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Oklahoma has two losses. They're not even in the conversation.

Yet they beat TCU like a rented mule and TCU took you to the wire. why wErEn’T yOu dOmINaTE?

Beauty contest are all eye of the beholder shit. Yes Oregon and Texas share a similar opponent. Two months apart. That’s a life time in football, and everyone can pick nuts with every one else’s schedule. I guess we should discount the fact Oregon just blew the wheels off a ranked opponent that took the #5 team to the fucking wire last week. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Yet they beat TCU like a rented mule and TCU took you to the wire. why wErEn’T yOu dOmINaTE?

Beauty contest are all eye of the beholder shit. Yes Oregon and Texas share a similar opponent. Two months apart. That’s a life time in football, and everyone can pick nuts with your schedule. I guess we should discount the fact Oregon just blew the wheels off a ranked opponent that took the #5 team to the fucking wore last week. 

Well it was with our qb coming off of injury and still hurt, at their place.  While ou won at home and gave up 45 points doing it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Texas also only beat TCU by 3 two weeks ago and Oklahoma beat them by a gazillon.  How far are we going to play this game?

It really comes down to FSU, Alabama and Georgia: there is zero chance that the SEC is getting shut out.  And I find FSU suddenly very non compelling.

From there both Texas and Oregon control their own fates . But Oregon more so than Texas. 

OU gave up 45 points to that abortion of a TCU team. 

Just took a look at bama’s schedule to look for this major improvement since losing to us.  In back to back weeks in early October they beat arky by 3 and aggy by 6.  Beat ole miss and Tenn by 14 each after that so still not that great.  Scored a bunch on a lsu team that seems to have no defense, then beat Kentucky by 28 (in football, remember). Is that impressive. Now they’ve smeared Chattanooga 66-10. Which is a lot like beating middle Tennessee 56-7 in WEEK ONE right before our game. 

The only game they looked bad was the usf game where they panicked and benched milroe. I’m not seeing it now that I’ve looked for it. And it’s not like beating a Super shitty auburn will move the needle. 

• Hook 'Em 7

25 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Oregon's best OOC win was an 8 point win at Tech. Texas beat Tech by 50
Texas' best OOC win was a 10 point win on the road against Alabama. No one has won @ Bama by 2 scores in the Saban era. 

I think when the committee compares both resume's come selection day, a 12-1 Texas would be ranked ahead of 12-1 Oregon. Whether that's for the 4 seed or the #5 spot is TBD 

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Beauty contest are all eye of the beholder shit. Yes Oregon and Texas share a similar opponent. Two months apart. That’s a life time in football, and everyone can pick nuts with every one else’s schedule. I guess we should discount the fact Oregon just blew the wheels off a ranked opponent that took the #5 team to the fucking wire last week. 

Tcu scored 45 points, yeah?

• Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The only game they looked bad was the usf game where they panicked and benched milroe. I’m not seeing it now that I’ve looked for it. And it’s not like beating a Super shitty auburn will move the needle. 

UTSA beat USF 49-21. Advantage not aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The PAC 12 being good this year is a myth that was created by the first couple of weeks of the season when none of them lost because they played zero big time OOC games.  

Washington got credit for waxing a Michigan State team that turned out to be terrible.

Oregon barely beat Tech.  Whoopee!

USC didn’t play Notre Dame until later in the year, so we didn’t see them get stomped until the narrative about the PAC 12 being strong this year had already taken hold.

Utah beat a Florida team that ended up being much worse than anticipated.

Colorado … we all know that story.  Media hype out the ass for a cheap ratings pop even though TCU, Nebraska and Colorado State are all terrible this year. 

The PAC 12 still sucks and its champ will get blasted if it makes the playoff.  Yes, I am aware that last year Washington beat a much worse Texas team than we are now (and without our best players, to boot).  We can’t do anything about it if Washington stays undefeated, but fuck Oregon getting in over us because they put up 70 on Portland State and shit like that.  Fucking Bo Nix is a Heisman player against their schedule, and he sucked for years at Auburn.  

spacer.png

Utah also barely beat Baylor

I think the committee ranked Oregon ahead of Texas only because they looked better than us in recent games. Both teams have one close loss to highly ranked teams, and since there was no H2H or common opponent until today, they went by the eye test. It won't surprise me at all to see them flip the rankings this week now that we also have looked dominent and won more impressively against a common opponent.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

*dominant 

Why are you on this board if you aren’t a Texas fan? Get in the motherfucker.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I can’t tell if this post is arguing for or against common opponents mattering tbh. Just all over the place.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a kid at Oregon and I’m a life long Horns fan.  

As I stated: the SEC is going to get a team in the playoffs, short of Georgia losing to Tech, and Bama losing to Auburn today. It’s sorta bullshit, but SECSECSEC and all that crap. 

OSU-Michigan will take care of it self. 

If FSU beats Louisville, they will be in, but I don’t think they will without their best player. 

So it will likely come down to a beauty contest between Oregon and Texas. If you guys want to believe common opponent is definitive, then Texas is looking good. 

But Oregon is also possibly going to get a chance to finish the season against a top 5 opponent. And that may not augur well for the Horns.  Really what both teams want is for Florida State to lose, that will solve much of the issue.

Edited by Bateshorn

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Win in a dominating fashion against oSu and let's see what happens. 

I think that would open some eyes for sure. Oregon’s weak SOS is a problem for the ducks, for sure. Lanning has tried to account for that by putting the screws to all their opponents, but the PAC 12s paper ranking out side of UW are thin.

From listening to some analyst this morning who know how to read the CFP:

- the only people discussing the common opponent of tech between Texas and Oregon are people on this board and a few Twitter accounts

- if there’s a scenario where 2 from the same conference get it in it would be Alabama beating Georgia 

- our near sure fire bet to get in is for FSU to lose

• Hook 'Em 1

We watched the second half of the game from beautiful Pete's Tavern in Manhattan. If you visit the city and haven't been there, be sure to check out this beautiful tavern (founded in 1864) located on 18th Street in Irving Place. Had a great talk w./ a table of great UT grads watching the game. 

IMG-0218.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

We watched the second half of the game from beautiful Pete's Tavern in Manhattan. If you visit the city and haven't been there, be sure to check out this beautiful tavern (founded in 1864) located on 18th Street in Irving Place. Had a great talk w./ a table of great UT grads watching the game. 

IMG-0218.jpg

Representing!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to 11-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT
1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

I get recency bias when it comes to late losses. You just can't afford them. (Well, unless you're 2022 TCU.) But if today's B10 clash is an instant classic, won't the loser have about as good a resume as several other 1-loss teams? 

Michigan's resume is terrible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to 12-1 FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT
  • immamac unpinned this topic