RIP Andre Braugher

mdmost

Howard: Hey Frank, do you got a minute?

Pembleton: You tell me. Do I? I got to get back down to Processing. We're booking Ronny Sayers.

Howard: Yeah well I got to bounce this off of somebody because it's driving me crazy. I got this dead guy down at Fell's Point. None of the interviews square up except for one, the next door neighbor.

Pembleton: You drink a lot of coffee? 

Howard: Yeah I drink it, what's so hot?

Pembleton: Well, I must knock back about 3 or 4 pots of this stuff a day.

Howard: Yeah...well, I am suspicious of this neighbor, see.

Pembleton: Well, logic tells you that, right?

Howard: Yeah but I'm suspicious of my suspicions. Could it be this easy?

Pembleton: You know, every day I get out of bed and drag myself to the next cup of coffee. I take a sip and the caffeine kicks in. I can focus my eyes again. My brain starts to order the day. I'm up, I'm alive. I'm ready to rock.

Howard: So you would not suspect the next door neighbor?

Pembleon: But the time is coming when I wake up and decide that I'm not going to get out of bed. I'm not getting up for coffee, or food or sex. If it comes to me, fine. If it won't, fine. No more expectations. The longer I live, the less I know. I should know more. I should know the coffee's killing me. You're suspicious of your suspicions?

Howard: Yeah

Pembleton: I'm jealous. I'm so jealous, Kay. You still have the heart to have doubts. Me? I'm going to lock up a 14-year-old kid for what could be the rest of his natural life. I got to do this. This is my job. This is the deal. This is the law. This is my day. I have no doubts or suspicions about it. Heart has nothing to do with it any more. It's all in the caffeine.

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Man he was SO great in everything he was in. In addition to all his main starring roles such as Homicide: Life on the Street (mdmost and I, in fact, would go back and rewind/rewatch various scenes of his when we lived in Rio Nueces there right off campus in the mid-90s) as well as Brooklyn Nine-Nine, think about how great he was whenever he had even a “tiny” role in a film or show including (without limitation):

-Glory

-The Tuskegee Airmen (really good in this!)

-Primal Fear

-The Mist

RIP

61 is way, Way, WAY too young!

6 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Sonofa.  That dude was was great in everything he was in.  A total scene stealer.  Drama or comedy, he could do it all. 

I saw him first in Glory.  In a a movie with great actors his performance was remarkable.

Thanks for the memories.

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

His performance in Glory was mesmerizing.

RIP 

Omg that was him.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Only really know him from 9-9

I greatly envy the abundance of top line entertainment riches you have awaiting you, if you should so choose. I'd start with Glory. Won't require as much as HLOTS, but his performance stands toe to toe with some all-time greats in peak form.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1

Like 99% of network shows, this show sucked shit through a straw, but I gave it a few episodes entirely due to this speech which they ran in their promotions.

He was the best part of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, a show full of accomplished comedians and talented writers.