Super Bowl LVII - Las Vegas

tx 3 putt

Couple of thoughts ….

1. The NFL and NCAA should have went in with the Raiders and built a mega stadium. 120k+, many many suites, all Super Bowls and NCAA National Title games in Las Vegas 

Now for the important stuff …

2. Taylor Swift performs in Japan the night before the Super Bowl. It will end around 10pm Tokyo time (5 am Las Vegas time).

The flight from Tokyo to Vegas takes 12 hours, meaning Swift can arrive at 5pm local on the day before the Super Bowl, 25 hours, 35 mins before kickoff.

Happy Music Video GIF

• Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I'm sure the other owners would veto a single site venue for the SB.  But for some events (I'm looking at you, Olympic games) it makes a lot of sense.

$$$ tends to win over the teams not in the SB rotation 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Couple of thoughts ….

1. The NFL and NCAA should have went in with the Raiders and built a mega stadium. 120k+, many many suites, all Super Bowls and NCAA National Title games in Las Vegas 

2. Taylor Swift performs in Japan the night before the Super Bowl. It will end around 10pm Tokyo time (5 am Las Vegas time).

The flight from Tokyo to Vegas takes 12 hours, meaning Swift can arrive at 5pm local on the day before the Super Bowl, 25 hours, 35 mins before kickoff.

Happy Music Video GIF

I hope she booked her commercial ticket now. 

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Couple of thoughts ….

Happy Music Video GIF

Flight from Tokyo to Las Vegas would take closer to 9 1/2 hours, maybe 10 at most.  It's roughly 9 to fly from HND to LAX.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Flight from Tokyo to Las Vegas would take closer to 9 1/2 hours, maybe 10 at most.  It's roughly 9 to fly from HND to LAX.

She has a fucki n private jet and is a billionaire. Shit the fuck up guys seriously this isn’t some regard hoe. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, slorch said:

The 2 seed in the AFC> the 1 Seed in the NFC?

KC was the 3 seed.  They're a shell of themselves on offense - compared to the Tyreek Hill days but their D is much better and they have Mahomes.  I wouldn't bet against them.  Line likely ends close to a pick 'em.  

• Hook 'Em 2

The NFL should get some Taylor rumors swirling to increase its viewership, like if the Chiefs win then he's going to propose to her on the field after the game. It will dominate the lead up to the game, and annoy the fuck out of a bunch of their fans. 

9 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

The NFL is pushing her too much but all the manufactured rage about it is weird.  There’s plenty more annoying things going on at NFL games than her.  Every Mahomes commercial for example…. He’s such a douchebag. His commercials are cringier than her in a suite.  

It’s a perfect way for Taylor + Mahomes to change their images. Taylor gets distance from any association with Kanye and the Kardashians and the Chiefs get attention deflected away from Mahomes’ wife who was annoying as fuck on the Netflix show and his brother who keeps fucking up because he’s desperate to be in the spotlight. 

The “no former longhorn has ever scored a TD in the Super Bowl” streak lives for another year.

*unless we get an Omenihu scoop and score I guess. Sounds like he’ll be back in time to play

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 2

$$$ tends to win over the teams not in the SB rotation 

That’s not how it works in this . A lot of local support for new stadiums revolves around the opportunity for a Super Bowl because of the tourist dollars they generate.

Lots of fans would rather go to a lot of places over Vegas. New Orleans, Tempe, Tampa, Miami are places I’d certainly rather go

5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

from some guy on Reddit:

"Two of the Raiders most hated rivals are gonna play in the Super Bowl in their building in Vegas. This is a nightmare for Raiders fans."

I thought every day existence was the nightmare for Raiders fans

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

KC was the 3 seed.  They're a shell of themselves on offense - compared to the Tyreek Hill days but their D is much better and they have Mahomes.  I wouldn't bet against them.  Line likely ends close to a pick 'em.  

You are correct on the seedings sir.  Duh...road game in Buffalo.

Chiefs have gone to 2 SBs in a row sans the babymaker.  Their receivers, Kelce included, were frustrating AF this season, but the run game is better.  What impressed me yesterday is after the intros, nobody was talking about Joe Thuney missing.  Nick Allegretti played his ass off yesterday.  The OT's are suspect at best, not only with penalties, but also play execution/ pass protection.  The last 2 games, they did their jobs at least average, if not better.

The coaching staff has worked their tails off, remember there was a new OC this season, as well.  Nobody's talking about that either.  The Chiefs had all of the reasons in the world to stumble this season.  Having a badass defense carried them, for sure.  It damned sure paved the way to the win yesterday with 3 TOs in the Ravens' house in what was supposed to be ole Lamar's coronation.  I loved that part of the win more than anything else.  The Ravens wanted to push KC's shit in and got fucking hammered themselves.  They didn't expect it, and the frustration manifested itself in the 2nd half.  It was a thing of beauty.

Who talks about KC being a physical team?  Virtually nobody. The Ravens were going to punish Mahomes. He ran any way.  They committed a shit-ton of idiotic penalties trying to intimidate him.  Didn't exactly work that way though...  Pacheco didn't back off either.  The Chiefs out-physicalled the Ravens yesterday.  That was fun.

Then in the 2nd game, dumbass aggy had to remove all doubt that he cannot make reasonable, but critical gametime decisions; after his team played themselves into position to win.  Ole Madden champ got a lesson in why real life is different from X-box.

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

That’s not how it works in this . A lot of local support for new stadiums revolves around the opportunity for a Super Bowl because of the tourist dollars they generate.

Lots of fans would rather go to a lot of places over Vegas. New Orleans, Tempe, Tampa, Miami are places I’d certainly rather go

Tempe( Glendale) over fucking Vegas?  Not in my world.  Not by a long shot.  I would only pick NO during Mardi Gras over Vegas.  I've never been to Tampa or Miami, but the beach isn't better than Vegas either.

That being said, I'm definitely not of the "Every year in Vegas" mindset either.  I like how it is rotated around the country.

Edited by slorch

10 hours ago, Your Mom said:

The NFL is pushing her too much but all the manufactured rage about it is weird.  There’s plenty more annoying things going on at NFL games than her.  Every Mahomes commercial for example…. He’s such a douchebag. His commercials are cringier than her in a suite.  

Brittany and Jackson Mahomes say hi.

10 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Seemed like Gronk was in one commercial each break last night. 

11 hours ago, Your Mom said:

snowflakes will always find something to snowflake about  

• Hook 'Em 1