Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah like the milf and other milfs for money then bang blondo and brunette types that were in the doc. Maybe gotten a couple hundred here and there from them. But it soundly like milf truly liked him for what he pretended to be and was semi willing to be a sugar mamma in a weird way. I’m sure he had other milfy women like this. Keep them paying for some ridiculous shit, don’t go overboard and he MIGHT still be living the life 

What’s amazing is that he sounds like he got out of prison and is back to living the life. Dude is a master. 

• Rage+1 1

On 3/20/2022 at 5:25 PM, Wulaw Horn said:

So- they said “these women are still paying their debts,” but I find it really hard to believe they did all the publicity and then told their story on Netflix and didn’t get paid enough to cover what, in the entertainment industry, is essentially loose change. 
Does anyone believe they aren’t ahead financially by now in all this?  
PS- that dude was amazing as a grifter. 
PPS-I expected to end the movie not feeling at all sorry for them but I did actually feel bad for them at the end of the day. 
PPPS- that dude had some fantastic taste in basically everything. 

I applaud him for his efforts. He did nothing illegal really. I believe he was only arrested on a fake passport charge. He didn't steal their money. They willingly kept giving it to him because they loved the billionaire lifestyle. Dumb ass women. Did not feel sorry for them at all. How do you keep sending money to someone you have doubts about? Lmao. And he is going to parlay all that into getting paid on his own with other endeavors. He's a genius and those women were outed as gold digging morons

Just saw the first episode of Jeen-Yuhs (The Kanye West documentary Netflix paid $30mm for). I absolutely loved it. Reminded me of how innovative and fresh Kanye West was in the early 2000's and disruptive of that scene.

I listened to College Dropout today front to back after watching and revisiting it, it brought up a lot of emotions. Such an interesting and beautiful record. The risk and confidence and...élan, I think is the most appropriate word, reminded me of why people fell in love with Kanye in the first place, in the beginning. What a fantastic episode. I'm almost afraid to watch the next two (especially the third) because we all know the tragedy that later befalls as he flies too close to the sun.

But the final chapter is not written. I'm renewed in rooting for this guy to pull out of his mental tailspin, though the sheer amount of wealth and fame and influence might make that sort of ego deconstruction impossible. The guy had an ego half the size of Chicago when he was a minor celebrity making beats, after all.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, mr. sunshine said:

I was five in 1969 and grew up in the sticks, not the suburbs, but Linklater nails what it was like to grow up in Texas at the time 

Yeah, it’s a little old to be my nostalgia (born in ‘80) but I still really liked it. 

Bridgerton Season 2 is a lot of fun. Less sex and no Rege-Jean Page.  But the three Bridgerton brothers make for fun eye candy, and the female leads this season are a lot of fun.
bFk6T8RugSPzkvxMLsvCGK-1024-80.jpg.webp

Whew. May be fewer sex scenes but DAMN the sexual tension.

Lord Bridgerton can stare into my soul any day.

giphy.gif

Damn, I love a brunette Brit with a chiseled face.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

There's this British boy band from like 10 or so years ago that you should check out.  One Direction ?? I think is their name, and they have this guy in it, Louis Tomlinson, that sounds right up your alley.

12 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Whew. May be fewer sex scenes but DAMN the sexual tension.

Lord Bridgerton can stare into my soul any day.

giphy.gif

Dan Stevens (not in Bridgerton). Sings, acts, well read, and is incredibly funny. That's my jam right there. Really looking forward to his upcoming role in Gaslit. (on Starz).

The current crop of Britpack imports are quite nice.

Watched Bad Vegan over the past couple days.  It's not in the upper crust of Netflix documentaries, but was ultimately worth the watch because pussy may have actually been defeated.

Spoiler

I have a real hard time feeling that sorry for Sharma.  I get that she's not just a perpetrator, but also a victim.  But all she had to do was tell fat boy to fuck off at any number opportunities along the way to rock bottom.  Instead she kept compounding her and a lot of other people's losses.  And in this doc, she came across to me as someone most interested rehabbing her public image vs being contrite about being a party to stealing 6 million dollars from her employees, investors and own mother.  It did not sound like she had personally made amends to all the people she fucked, but she's there on Netflix talking about her victimhood and how she just wants to see her restaurant open again.  In short, would bang, but would not loan.

I have zero compassion for her. She is a criminal. Her portraying herself as a victim is disingenuous. She is a Wharton MBA and success on Wall Street. She bought in on his bullshit of grandeur. B instead she deflects blame on her husband, her parents, investors, employees. Crook. Should still be in prison.

Came out in her trial docs that Louis CK gave her an STD. This was while she was dancing with Alec Baldwin.

We watched Bad Vegan last night, and the similarities with Tinder Swindler were remarkable, save that Strangis' manipulation was absurdly more ridiculous than, "I'm the son of a diamond kingpin."

It's incredible to me, not that these sociopaths are out there, but how easily they seem to find their prey, and how compliant these women are.  

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Jimmy Savile doc...

They should dig up his corpse and hang it from London Bridge.

Is this worth a watch? Never heard of the guy. Should I care or is this some depraved child molester example eleventy billion?

Looking at the preview though I think this is one case where you can judge the book by the cover. He was obviously a really strange person. 

2 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Never heard of it but the name is intriguing

High school battle of the bands movie, D.B. Weiss and the director of Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, trailer included a pedalboard with a RAT so I feel like I need to watch it. Also I was in Bandslam so….

The Ultimatum. Train wreck love reality show. Long term couples. One gives the other ultimatum to get married or move on. Ok 6 couples , spend a week dating the other five, then pair up as new couples for three weeks, then back to original partner for three weeks. This trainwreck was filmed in Austin.