immamac has permabanmed me against bob’s wishes. read this thread before it disappears.

20 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I was gonna say you haven't had enough blowjobs if you haven't had one worth criticizing

It's one of those things where you appreciate the sentiment but the execution is really lacking.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s really something when people that read/post in the rangers or stars threads don’t realize that the most prolific poster in them didn’t just disappear and get replaced by derka. 

He and ztejas run those threads with the pride of only the biggest of dorks. Truly fine people. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 9:38 AM, Frank Drebin said:

For many problems, you just need real life family and friends for help. 

I remember going to a therapist during the first year of the pandemic. It was helpful I believe and I would recommend therapy to anyone seeking it out or in need of it. 

Sometimes though I think having close friends or family there for support can be of equal value. Absent that I would go to a therapist though. I wish we lived in a country, or world for that matter, that put greater emphasis on mental health. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I need to go back and read the pages I skipped (2-14). but 1 page in and I'm wanting to start a "Free Derka" movement. Because the board is just better with him on it. Dude is okay, quiirky but bleeds UT sports  and you knew whatever he was typing was his honest perspective. 

Good luck SO/DD - go horns

(disclaimer - hoping that this doesn't get me on the wrong side of Imma )

• Hook 'Em 2

damn, one of the most prolific posters on this site is permabanned and i don't know a single thing about it for two weeks until i see it mentioned in passing on another thread?  i clearly don't keep up with the day to day around here as much as i used to.

On 4/6/2024 at 8:49 AM, Brian Fantana said:

To be fair, it's next to impossible for board admins to get rid of someone that knows how to use a VPN. IP banning someone was only foolproof back when no one knew anything about the Internet.

The solution is shadow bans. Don't let the person know they are banned and just let them post aimlessly into the void. Don't tip them off that it's time to run out and grab a new public VPN. Hell, let other shadow banned users interact with each other, so they don't get realize they're quarantined from the rest of the site. It's worked like a charm on multiple boards I've moderated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

The solution is shadow bans. Don't let the person know they are banned and just let them post aimlessly into the void.

Lol. I would figure out almost instantly if I was shadowbanned. 

6 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

no you fucking wouldn't, because I've had you on ignore since I signed up and you routinely reply to me like the dumbass you are

Then how are you seeing his post?

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

Then how are you seeing his post?

Ignoring people only makes it so you don't see the droppings directly, the board makes it clear when someone you ignored replies to you. I could see my post sandwiched between his message board diarrhea. Obviously the chump was replying to my post, and quite literally everything that dude posts is wrong, so I had to click "see this post" to get a laugh out of it. And he didn't disappoint.

sandwiched.png

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

blackslab

i.jpg

I should neg you as a resident of New Braunsfel

6 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

damn, one of the most prolific posters on this site is permabanned and i don't know a single thing about it for two weeks until i see it mentioned in passing on another thread?  i clearly don't keep up with the day to day around here as much as i used to.

message boards are serious business

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 4/19/2024 at 4:59 PM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

no you fucking wouldn't, because I've had you on ignore since I signed up and you routinely reply to me like the dumbass you are

Anyone that posts here a lot and has frequent rep and quote interaction would figure out very quickly if they got shadowbanned. 

"Hmm - that's weird - it appears that I have 0 rep and 0 quotes from my last 30 posts"

Shadow banning is fucking stupid. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Anyone that posts here a lot and has frequent rep and quote interaction would figure out very quickly if they got shadowbanned. 

"Hmm - that's weird - it appears that I have 0 rep and 0 quotes from my last 30 posts"

Shadow banning is fucking stupid. 

You'll carry the title as “Next Derka” well young ztejas, honor his memory and continue his legacy. Let us know in the steel shank thread your best hot dog creations. Omnia omnibus Z.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Covri said:

You'll carry the title as “Next Derka” well young ztejas, honor his memory and continue his legacy. Let us know in the steel shank thread your best hot dog creations. Omnia omnibus Z.

Captain America Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2024 at 11:04 PM, aggie08 said:

MotownHorn being the one neg rep for this post is so hilarious and on point.

He promises he's done with the thread THIS time.

Or next time maybe.

Or the time after that.

• Fuck You 1

On 4/19/2024 at 4:42 PM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

The solution is shadow bans. Don't let the person know they are banned and just let them post aimlessly into the void. Don't tip them off that it's time to run out and grab a new public VPN. Hell, let other shadow banned users interact with each other, so they don't get realize they're quarantined from the rest of the site. It's worked like a charm on multiple boards I've moderated.

This is greatness.  And let us lurk for shits and giggles.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2024 at 11:18 AM, immamac said:

2.0 is spystud13 or ss13 - how do you guys not know that lol

That’s explains everything. He came unfucking hinged on me once, immediate ignore. I love tennis but stay away from that thread as much as I can, it’s one of his little corners on this site. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

I have had many run-ins with Derka on the hoops boards. Somehow I missed this thread and was like... why are the basketball boards so peaceful all of a sudden... and so boring?  Well, now I know why.

I'm sad to see Derka go, but in my view he bullies far more than he is bullied. He loves to attack people, inflame a situation, and call names, and then in the end try to gaslight everyone into thinking HE was the one who was attacked.  I have seen it over and over again. I've also seen him repeatedly derail a thread away from a positive discussion and on to whatever topic he wants. And it is very often an inflammatory topic where he is inventing an argument so that he can do what he loves... argue with huge longcat multi-posts that just wear you out. 

Classic example is reminding everyone over and over that he was the only one who thought we shouldn't have hired RT and everyone else is a small minded sunshine pumper. Man it was getting tiresome.  But I always tried to de-escalate the situation because I know about his mental health issues.  F the people who TRY to stir him up knowing about his issues.  That was also ruining the board.

I don't necessarily think he should have been banned, but he was given clear choices and the consequences for those choices were known to him when he made them. He knew he would be banned and just kept on digging in.  It is sad to see, but not at all surprising.

As time passes, I'm hopeful he will be invited back. That said, I'm sure he has already found a way to get past any bans and is already posting under a new handle.

• Hook 'Em 4