Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Right now - yes - I think he's a better player. As far as having "it" goes - Foles does have a SBMVP. 

I'm not bagging on Foles, that run starting in the playoffs was awesome.  I just think Ehlinger has more natural leadership to him.  Adequate physical skills, but a serious alpha dog vibe.

• Hook 'Em 4

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm no NFL GM, but it's not hard to see that guy has "it".  I'd suggest he has more "it" than Nick Foles does.  But, it won't matter, he'll get cut and end up down on some other roster.

If so, Texans need to be looking.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not bagging on Foles, that run starting in the playoffs was awesome.  I just think Ehlinger has more natural leadership to him.  Adequate physical skills, but a serious alpha dog vibe.

That and Reich keeps trying to recreate that success with the Eagles. He tried with Wentz. Didn’t work. Now again with Foles. I’d say This might be the last stop really for Foles (or at least he’ll never be a starter again with another team.) I don’t dislike Foles at all. I think the Eagles did him dirty. But hes basically been in Siberia since he went to Jacksonville and broke his collarbone. The bears!?? I think he was third string or something. I get why Reich wants to work with Foles again and hopefully rehabilitate him. But Sam is the future. Lots of Colts fan comparing him to Harbaugh in terms of his style of play and moxie. Maybe? As a QB in the NFL it’s not a terrible comparison. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Zeus said:

Fuck the Toxins I hope Sam stays away from NFLaggy

So many teams need QBs and backups. I don’t want him going to the Panthers even over the Texans. Unless he beats out Mayfield and that would be priceless but Rhule wouldn’t do that. I think if Sam ends up on another team it will be the Rams (bc Stafford has some lingering arm issue) or possibly the Seahawks because whatever most people think of Pete Carroll he likes bringing Longhorns on the team. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That and Reich keeps trying to recreate that success with the Eagles. He tried with Wentz. Didn’t work. Now again with Foles. I’d say This might be the last stop really for Foles (or at least he’ll never be a starter again with another team.) I don’t dislike Foles at all. I think the Eagles did him dirty. But hes basically been in Siberia since he went to Jacksonville and broke his collarbone. The bears!?? I think he was third string or something. I get why Reich wants to work with Foles again and hopefully rehabilitate him. But Sam is the future. Lots of Colts fan comparing him to Harbaugh in terms of his style of play and moxie. Maybe? As a QB in the NFL it’s not a terrible comparison. 

Matt Ryan is their starter. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So many teams need QBs and backups. I don’t want him going to the Panthers even over the Texans. Unless he beats out Mayfield and that would be priceless but Rhule wouldn’t do that. I think if Sam ends up on another team it will be the Rams (bc Stafford has some lingering arm issue) or possibly the Seahawks because whatever most people think of Pete Carroll he likes bringing Longhorns on the team. 

Yeah I guess the Panthers would be worse, but optimal is a great program with a solid veteran starter. If he could get the backup at the Rams that would be sweet.

Win a superb owl holding a clip board is optimal.

Being in a shit franchise with no good QBs to learn under sucks. It was tough watching Colt get concussions playing for the Doo Doo browns.

• Hook 'Em 2

I want to go find Herman and kick his ass. If he’d used Sam correctly maybe Sam wins the Heisman. Maybe he gets drafted in a higher round like Baker or JFF. But he’s not 6’3” or the pro typical QB size that is most coveted. He wasn’t seen as polished despite all his experience and leadership. It’s clear the Colts have been working with Sam and that Sam has been working very hard. Colts got him in Round 6. At least the ownership and management really like him. I know Reich has said glowing things about him. I’d love to see him defy the odds. Not become a bench warmer thought that’s a nice paycheck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Nicole on another ice cream bender over Sam

7E813047-6BAF-4E40-822A-BF70F126F36E.jpeg

It’s true.  Ice cream is a tough habit to break. Also, I can’t break down and buy a Ehlinger Colts jersey yet because we simply don’t know what will happen. Even if they keep Sam, if the Colts don’t make it far into the playoffs this year they might cut Reich loose.

But yeah, if somehow, Sam becomes the next Drew Brees and all that entails I might just drive to the Blue Bell plant and steal all of their equipment and make my own banana pudding ice cream. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

You should make a bet in regards to Sam making a roster.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Right now - yes - I think he's a better player. As far as having "it" goes - Foles does have a SBMVP. 

And Sam isn't getting cut. They'll maybe practice squad him and then I bet he makes someone else's 53.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Go Sam! Y’all are silly. I’m not into Sam like that but I guess it makes for a nice bit or whatever. I just want him to succeed. He was so much better than Herman allowed him to be and he was all heart here at Texas. I’m just glad he’s getting the chance to really shine. He’s certainly outplayed Foles. That’s just a fact. 

we can only wonder what he would have accomplished if he hadn’t been used as a damn battering ram. He was so dinged up by the end of the year from the being misused that way. Fuck Tom Herman. Shit you can see how “not very big” he is when he joins the huddle…and we used him like he was Big Ben at Texas. Fuck Tom!  Go Sam go! 

He's got this thing called heart, tons and tons of heart.  Heart can make up for a lot of shortcomings, and that in itself is the  "it" factor. 

Hook 'Em Sam!

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kitty Boy said:

The Colts brought in two old, veteran QB’s this year to compete for the playoffs. They already let Jacoby Brissett walk, cut Jacob Eason loose and evicted Carson Wentz. The one constant in this whole QB shuffling is Sam Ehlinger. And I highly doubt that he is going anywhere…especially after this preseason performance. He is the future.

That's what I am FUCKING talkin' about!

...bitch!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

So on the Colts replay just now the booth had a visit from Jim Irsay. He sounded like he had chugged a couple Route 44’s of lean, swallowed a couple handfuls of oxys, and huffed a can of Kelton. At least Jerry just sounds drunk.

He spent most of his time referring to the shittiness of Wentz, and getting a pass rush.

If Sam gets waived, he has done exactly what a backup is supposed to do: know the offense and execute perfectly when called upon. He has shown he can be a starter, and certainly a solid 2 for any team. He would be perfect for a lot of teams Tuesday afternoon. So I think his spending the season on the PS is not going to happen. He will be on a 53 Wednesday am and hopefully in a better place. Reich is blind about his old players. Foles. What an idiot.

3 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

For all the naysayers who said he couldn't, well kiss Sam's ass.  'cause he did.

Didn't see the game, just the highlights but Sam looked good.  Way to go.

calm down. nobody said Sam couldn't have a great preseason (and he was outstanding), but he hasn't done anything yet, and he would be the first one to tell you that. the truth is he still may not even make the Colts' 53 man roster. he's still got a long way to go before he's truly made it in the NFL. that said, this preseason performance has guaranteed that someone, whether it's Indy or not, is going to find a spot for Sam on their roster. he really could not have done better for himself this preseason, and he's set himself up very nicely for an opportunity to start climbing up somebody's depth chart. 

14 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Good for him. Solid resume for the preseason.  Nice development from last year. He’s positioned himself  for a paycheck this year whether it’s with the Colts or some other team. He’s done all he can. It will pay off.

Who would have thought Dameyune Craig would have had such a positive impact on Sam.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Haha 1

At this point, nothing would surprise me. Sam could get traded, put on the practice squad or simply cut.

After all, this is the league where geniuses just gave Kurt Cousins an additional, guaranteed $35M and DeAndre Hopkins was traded for a second round pick and a washed-up running back that Arizona was planning on cutting!!!! 

• Hook 'Em 3