The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

After an enjoyable night of work, I turned on local cable, to learn Texas’ legislature was coming to the end of this session, (and saw R Perry stumping for online sports betting.)

I send this wish to the universe: may each Texan come to face the consequences of their vote.

On 5/8/2023 at 3:05 PM, UpperWestside said:

I think this is probably the best and clearest explanation you will ever get as to why the cult members are the way they are. 

Republicans have always been this way. In the end, it doesn’t matter the argument, because they don’t care. The arguments of reason are the distraction. They participate in them as a parlor trick. In the end, they don’t give a fuck. Trickle Down Economics. Family Values. Jim Crow. Just Say No. Stop and Frisk. Pray Away The Gay. Parental Consent for Abortion. Etc. they are all just colorful rhetoric invented to keep power and privilege for white men. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 2:14 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-gop-is-the-party-of-fk-you

Reveal hidden contents

They do it because their base is angry. They do it because it drives social media wild. They do it because they have no ideas and their leaders are profoundly immoral, disgusting people.

We have seen multiple examples of the politics of “Fuck you” this week. We have seen Donald Trump, the leader of the party, the high priest of “Fuck you-ism,” the commander-in-chief of the “Fuck your feelings” army, in a video-taped deposition saying, essentially, “Fuck you” to E. Jean Carroll’s lawyer. We heard him say “Fuck you” to anyone who may have thought sexual abuse was wrong when he doubled down on his famous pussy-grabbing brag, arguing that “stars” like him have been “fortunate” to be able to grab pussies for the past “million years” or so.

Then, when an undoubtedly disgusted jury found Trump liable for sexual assault and defamation in record time, he immediately said “Fuck you” to the American system of justice and to his own hometown in a series of social media posts that soon may be fodder for the next set of defamation suits against him.

He followed that up with a televised Trump rally that was carried on CNN in which he repeated some of his greatest “Fuck yous” to America of the past seven years. He doubled down on the Big Lie. He called Vladimir Putin a smart guy. He refused to condemn Putin as a war criminal. He equated Russia and Ukraine’s role in the former’s invasion of the latter. He promised to pardon Jan. 6 insurrectionists. He said he had a right to the classified government documents he stole. He said the GOP was right to threaten debt default, which he said might have no effect at all. He gloated about his role in making the Dobbs decision happen. And he once again defamed E Jean Carroll. It was a tour de force of what might be called the art of “Fuck you,” complete with an audience of fawning MAGA zombies and a big old “Get fucked” to fact-checkers in the form of his usual tsunami of lies.

While some leaders in the GOP actually had the decency to condemn Trump’s vileness at the conclusion of the Carroll trial, they were very much in the minority. Most GOP lawmakers offered their party’s patented silent “Fuck you” by refusing to say a bad word about their party’s leader after a jury’s verdict that he was a sex abuser. But some went further. Some said “Fuck you” to New York and the nine average Americans who did their duty on the jury (and in so doing offered a “Fuck you” to the entire American system of justice).

Some members of the F.U. Party were not content to merely demonstrate their contempt for our system of law or any modicum of respect for women. Some, like Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville, actually said things like the Carroll verdict “makes me want to vote for him twice.”

Tuberville, now vying for Ted Cruz’s crown as the most despicable member of the Senate GOP contingent is emerging as a poster boy for the Fuck you-ist movement on the right. He was off to a good start, of course, when he ran for the Senate despite having zero political or public service background, coming to the post from his prior role as the coach of the Auburn University football team. But having arrived in the Senate unencumbered by any sense of shame due to his off-the-charts ignorance, he has zeroed-in on the most Fuck you-iest possible positions and statements. Most recently, this has involved telling U.S. national security and our military leaders to go take a flying fuck by blocking the promotion of over nearly 200 officers for over two months (so far) as a way of making a point regarding his troglodyte, profoundly anti-woman views on abortion. Then, with a flourish that will have Fuck you-ologists studying his work for years, when asked about efforts to keep white nationalists out of the military he responded, “Well, they call them that. I call them Americans.”

After Trump, the most senior member of the GOP, is of course, House Speaker Kevin McCarthy. He, too, has demonstrated where “Fuck your feelings, fuck your Constitution, fuck the world economy, fuck every American” gets you as a policy position by threatening to trigger a U.S. default on its debt for the first time in history. 

He does this despite the GOP having held the view that paying the debt was sacrosanct under Trump (as it was for decades previous), and despite having voted for the big GOP measures that have contributed to America’s deficit. Oh, and the “plan” for cutting the deficit he proposes is not only completely unrealistic, it would be a big “Fuck you” to tens of thousands of Americans—like the 81,000 people at the Veterans Administration whose jobs he would put at risk or the hundreds of thousands of veterans they serve.

But what are tens or hundreds of thousands of jobs when the default you are flirting with would trigger a global recession, gut America’s standing on the world stage and possibly put as many as eight million Americans out of work?

Doing his best Tony Soprano imitation—in response to criticisms of the risks he is undertaking or observations that the 14th Amendment to the Constitution prohibits such behavior—McCarthy’s response is, “Fuck me? No, fuck you!” (And he would add, to the voters of New York who were defrauded into voting for the pathological and now indicted fabulist Rep. George Santos, he adds a big “Fuck you, too, I’m going to keep him around as long as I need his vote!”)

When did all this Fuck-you-osity begin to happen? When did the last drops of decency or respect for our system or our people get sucked out of the leaders of the current GOP? It’s hard to say. Contempt for anyone but the donor class has been a clear theme among party leaders since the Reagan years. The message of contempt for our system and values was amplified further by the party’s decision to elevate a series of contemptible leaders in the Congress like convicted sex abuser and former Speaker Denny Hastert, ethically challenged former Speaker Newt Gingrich, or scandal-plagued GOP whip Tom Delay. Certainly, it was not helped by the George W. Bush administration’s chest-thumping about its embrace of torturing our enemies or slaughtering innocents in an illegal war.

But the real golden age of “Fuck you” politics was ushered in by the election of Donald Trump as president in 2016.

After all, by the time he was elected, the world had already seen and heard the Access Hollywood tape; they knew Trump had been accused of sex crimes by dozens of women; they knew of his shady business past; they knew he had reached out to our Russian enemies for help; they knew he was a racist; they knew he had no public service experience; they knew he was as despicable a human being as ever sought public office in the U.S.

They knew all that and their response was to elect him precisely because he sent a message of “Fuck you” to America.

Amazingly, of course, the reason so many Republicans wanted to tell the rest of the country to get fucked was because, of course, they had been fucked over by the system promoted, manned, defended, and advanced by the leaders of their own party and the donors that backed them. The fuckees elected the fuckers because they were tired of getting fucked by them.

What irony. What a scam. What a beauteous way for the GOP fat cats to cackle to each other over brandy and cigars about how well and truly they had fucked everyone but themselves.

This is a great article, in line with what I’ve written here about Trump serving as the nation’s Vicarious Asshole. Trump is obviously a massive asshole and since he’s usually an asshole to people his voters don’t like, they are able to be an asshole merely through the act of supporting him, while avoiding consequences of being a tremendous asshole in real life. And what’s more, because Trump’s beefs and grievances are so expansive yet inchoate and shifting, you can project your own onto him reflexively. 

A good example of this is The Gays. It was clear before and during his administration, Trump did not give a shit about LGB (leaving out T) issues. Personally, he did not give a shit. I imagine he likes the funny, engaging, TV and media gays he met in his social circles while sullenly resenting the loud, activist gays that clogged up his Twitter feed. He was certainly capable of real cruelty to gay people when it served his end but he is capable of cruelty to anyone. And this isn’t surprising, because disliking gay people usually comes back to some sort of moral or religious basis (faulty as it may be) whereas Trump does not have the neurons in his brain to even consider things like a moral or religious code that might govern private and public behavior. It all comes down to “good for Trump or bad for Trump.”

And yet, his voters mostly hate gay people and so MAGA and Trump became shorthand for that, too. Despite Trumps distinct lack of “give a shit” on the issue. Because if you’re white, you can basically adopt MAGA to be a vicarious asshole to anyone you choose with no cognitive dissonance. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

At least both of those assholes are probably dead by now.

8 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Correct.  One of them was cleaning his shotgun and accidentally blew his boyfriend's head off.  Overcome with grief, and not proficient with an over-under .12 gauge, he threw himself off of a pier into 4ft of water, and drowned because he couldn't swim.

While Homesick's theory is great, I figure the Covids probably took care of them.  I mean, no way those two slapdicks were going to get a fucking shot or wear a pussified mask and so on.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/4/2023 at 2:29 PM, Pancho said:

Oklahoma US Senator Mullin thinks there are four branches of congress. He said this: "This country isn't ran by just one individual it's ran by four branches, but three branches that are in control of this.".

This is who we have running this country

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When I see 1776 or We the People on an article of clothing or on someone’s car, I know everything I need to know about that person. Not very intelligent and there’s a strong likelihood they have zero understanding of the difference of the Declaration and the Constituion.

This. There's a mouth breather who comes to the neighborhood pub and sits on the patio whose wardrobe consists of t-shirts with flags or eagles, or eagles and flags. The piece de resistance, however, is his We The People shirt w/ the Constitution emblazoned on front and ULTRA MAGA on the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When I see 1776 or We the People on an article of clothing or on someone’s car, I know everything I need to know about that person. Not very intelligent and there’s a strong likelihood they have zero understanding of the difference of the Declaration and the Constituion.

i would love to know how they did in school, net worth, and their vocation. 

22 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

This. There's a mouth breather who comes to the neighborhood pub and sits on the patio whose wardrobe consists of t-shirts with flags or eagles, or eagles and flags. The piece de resistance, however, is his We The People shirt w/ the Constitution emblazoned on front and ULTRA MAGA on the bottom.

SMH. At the end of the day, I don’t care what other people want to wear and we all probably have some patriotic or flag tshirt that we somehow ended up with for a 4th of July party. However that guy probably saves that exact shirt all week to wear to the pub. And he so badly wants a kindred soul to walk in wearing something similar. Then they can talk about Biden being senile. The virtue signaling is at an 11.

some on the right have co-opted patriotism as a hatred of Americans. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cosplaytriots

If there's one thing they hate, it's virtue signaling or violating the flag code!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When they say “Think for yourself!” you know that’s not something they’ve ever done. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

they need to be removed from gene pool

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

When they say “Think for yourself!” you know that’s not something they’ve ever done. 

"Do you believe in the Holocaust?"

"I don't know, I wasn't alive then and haven't done the research yet"

"Do you believe in the moon landings"

"I don't know, I wasn't alive then and haven't done the research yet"

Motherfucker, you know who doesn't deny the Holocaust?  The German government.  You know who doesn't deny the moon landings? The Soviet Union, who even put together a publicity tour of sorts throughout the Soviet Union for Neil Fucking Armstrong, who even laid flowers at Yuri Gagarin's tomb at the Kremlin.

Their research is some anonymous comments on some anonymous blog.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I've always marveled at the "do your research" crowd.  These morons have no idea how difficult true research is, and how much effort must be put into assessing error, bias, etc.  As an engineer, I rarely dive TOO far into actual "research" like a scientist such as a chemist or physicist might, or even a historian, etc., but I'm at least aware of how hard it can be to keep the data straight and subsequently draw appropriate conclusions.

The "do your research" crowd has literally co-opted the phrase, and to them it means "be fed a continuous stream of confirming theories in an echo chamber".

As @Beau Vine is fond of saying, "DEW YER RESEARCH, PEEPLE!"  (or something along those lines).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I've always marveled at the "do your research" crowd.  These morons have no idea how difficult true research is, and how much effort must be put into assessing error, bias, etc.  As an engineer, I rarely dive TOO far into actual "research" like a scientist such as a chemist or physicist might, or even a historian, etc., but I'm at least aware of how hard it can be to keep the data straight and subsequently draw appropriate conclusions.

The "do your research" crowd has literally co-opted the phrase, and to them it means "be fed a continuous stream of confirming theories in an echo chamber".

As @Beau Vine is fond of saying, "DEW YER RESEARCH, PEEPLE!"  (or something along those lines).

""DEW YER REASERCH, SHEEPEL!!!"

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The dumbest fucking people alive ….

Maybe he's dyslexic and he meant Trump is the only president to trade his country for wealth. That or he's a fucking moron. 

When is the GOP going to lose its mind over the NBA suspending a player for having handgun?

I've checked twitter, but can't find any outrage, and I have absolutely no idea why...

c3753cdc57473ed19b56957ef6e1cca32d-ja-mo  

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wade Searle, a Congressional staffer who works for Paul Gosar, is apparently a right-wing racist and follower of Nick Fuentes. Every one of these chucklefucks should be exposed for the toxic haters they are.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/paul-gosar-nick-fuentes-staffer-wade-searle

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

They basically have been, and half the country doesn't care.

Gozar probably picked up a few donations because of that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

When is the GOP going to lose its mind over the NBA suspending a player for having handgun?

I've checked twitter, but can't find any outrage, and I have absolutely no idea why...

c3753cdc57473ed19b56957ef6e1cca32d-ja-mo  

Ja and Rittenhouse gonna have their own show on Fox this fall

How republicans haven’t revolted around Ja Morant’s treatment from NBA while having no offenses is weird af considering the team is most likely moving to Nashville in a handful of years. They can talk shit on Memphis being dangerous and defending 2A at the same time

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

They basically have been, and half the country doesn't care.

Oh they care.  Its absolutely a prerequisite to be a toxic racist for half the country to support you.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Like 1

Oh good, MAGA has their own prophet now.  I'm sure the evangelicals are just fine with that.

If I were single, I'd probably got a few rounds of hand-to-hand with her, but in the Biblical sense, because the crazy is there, but I'd have my watch set to wake me really fucking earlier so I could try and escape with both of my kidneys as well as my testicles and dick intact.

ArkOfGrace_ShowPoster_Horizontal-2022.pn

Ja and Rittenhouse gonna have their own show on Fox this fall

They are going to both open carry but on opposite sides of the street to see people’s reactions. The show is called “The hero and the dead n****a.” It should be a big hit on Fox.