The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

there’s an opportunity to take over the state GOP’s, several of them are in heavy debt or broke … Az, Co, Mi, Mn, Ga 

Because they did get taken over. That's why the money dried up. Maga took over and started blowing through trying to stop the steal. Michigan GOP had a literal throwdown about it. 

I liked this headline the best. I had several to choose from. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/kicked-in-balls-fight-michigan-gop-1234785273/

‘He Kicked Me in My Balls.’ Fight at Michigan GOP Meeting Turns Physical: Report

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Because they did get taken over. That's why the money dried up. Maga took over and started blowing through trying to stop the steal. Michigan GOP had a literal throwdown about it. 

I liked this headline the best. I had several to choose from. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/kicked-in-balls-fight-michigan-gop-1234785273/

‘He Kicked Me in My Balls.’ Fight at Michigan GOP Meeting Turns Physical: Report

everything Trump touches, dies 

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

everything Trump touches, dies 

Exhibit #235969 that DOTARD is completely incapable of making decisions or doing anything that would benefit anybody or anything other than himself or his direct family, and even that last part about his family is iffy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/31/2023 at 11:13 AM, wildcat09 said:

This isn't technically the GOP, but I don't think we need a new thread about the libertarian party and they're pretty well aligned with the GOP on all the issues they really care about (the racism):

Which means that those people actually aren't libertarians.  The Libertarian Party is a fucking joke.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 11:31 AM, SimonBolivar said:

Because they're Libertarians which means they're either dumbass kids that think they're smarter than the system (see my vote in 2016 for their esteemed candidate) or they're old people who are scared of everything.

Yeah, that is pretty much it.  And the Libertarian Party is completely batshit now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, YGIFS said:

good lesson.  I want to borrow from it and figure out how to turn MAGA's on RINO's in the way they turned people of color on other people of color.  Every generation of new fascism has the decency to reboot itself and take advantage of new technologies and narratives.  I am going to trying to replicate their own playbook and have them turn on one another.  I am nowhere close to figuring it out but i suspect there are others who are.  I want MAGA supporters to openly battle one another in public.  And I have every confidence we can get there in 15-24 months.  And it's going to be glorious.  They need to be led to believe their fellow "Republicans" underminded their own efforts.  And we need to arm them to the teeth.  There is a path forward.  

Man.  I thought you understood the current dynamic, but you clearly don't.  Any "RINO" left in the party, faced with a confrontation from the MAGAs that amounts to "convert or die/be cast out".....will GLEEFULLY convert to being full-on MAGA.  

Anyone remotely conservative/Republican who hasn't already left the party is just another MAGA lunatic waiting to happen.  They won't go to war with the MAGAs.  They will, eventually, become one of them.

DrO8xv2VAAExAD8.jpg

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

A superbly awful "song".

Alternative title to the tune was "I'm not racist, but...."

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Which means that those people actually aren't libertarians.  The Libertarian Party is a fucking joke.

This is like saying "modern Republicans aren't conservative" or "most American Christians aren't really Christian." That shit doesn't really make sense to me and I think just obscures the truth. 

What's probably an overwhelming majority of Americans who've self-identified as libertarian in the past 20 years (I would guess more than 70%) are now bootlicking Trump fans if not actual die hard blood-and-soil fascists. That's no accident. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Speaking of shitty music, wasn't Kid Rock's "No Snowflakes" tour supposed to be in Austin last week? I never heard a peep or saw any mention of it on local media.

My CEO went, he's tight with Tito and took the invite.  Sounds like it went about as expected.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

This is like saying "modern Republicans aren't conservative" or "most American Christians aren't really Christian." That shit doesn't really make sense to me and I think just obscures the truth. 

What's probably an overwhelming majority of Americans who've self-identified as libertarian in the past 20 years (I would guess more than 70%) are now bootlicking Trump fans if not actual die hard blood-and-soil fascists. That's no accident. 

Unfortunately, the "Libertarians" got co-opted by the Tea Party movement.  

The actually Libertarian philosophy believes in the free movement of labor and capital.  MAGA definitely does not believe in the free movement of labor given all their Build the Wall crap.  Any member of the Libertarian Party that talks about building a wall is full of fucking shit.  

Also, Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and political freedom, and minimize the state's encroachment on and violations of individual liberties; emphasizing the rule of law, pluralism, cosmopolitanism, cooperation, civil and political rights, bodily autonomy, freedom of association, free trade, freedom of expression. etc..

The current Libertarian party is diametrically opposed to a big portion of this.  I think a lot of people think Libertarian = no government, but that is absolutely not what it is about.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Unfortunately, the "Libertarians" got co-opted by the Tea Party movement.  

The actually Libertarian philosophy believes in the free movement of labor and capital.  MAGA definitely does not believe in the free movement of labor given all their Build the Wall crap.  Any member of the Libertarian Party that talks about building a wall is full of fucking shit.  

Also, Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and political freedom, and minimize the state's encroachment on and violations of individual liberties; emphasizing the rule of law, pluralism, cosmopolitanism, cooperation, civil and political rights, bodily autonomy, freedom of association, free trade, freedom of expression. etc..

I've got a good friend who started as a RE agent and built her own really successful brokerage (not Jenna).  She announced in about 2018 that she was a Libertarian.

I literally laughed at her and said, "You make your living in an industry where you have to have a state license to work.  You're the worst Libertarian ever."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I've got a good friend who started as a RE agent and built her own really successful brokerage (not Jenna).  She announced in about 2018 that she was a Libertarian.

I literally laughed at her and said, "You make your living in an industry where you have to have a state license to work.  You're the worst Libertarian ever."

What's next? A license to make toast in her own damn toaster?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Uh, rules?

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

A superbly awful "song".

When is America going to WAKE UP that these "Country Singers" are UNEMPLOYED MEXICAN TELENOVELA STARS infiltrating our FREE SOCIETY with their auto-tuned AI-generated lyrics? WHEN?

"But they don't look Mexican."

OF COURSE NOT. If they did they wouldn't be Telenovela Stars. But the spray-on stubble and popped collar always give it away.

"But they don't sound Mexican."

ARE YOU STUPID? They are ACTORS. They ACT American. If they ever stumble and, say, mix up "floor" and "ground," their handlers up the voltage on the Creedence Clearwater Accent Adjustment Chips planted in their spines.

"I think you are a crazy man posting on a football forum from the shitter."

THE SHITTER IS THE ONLY PLACE THE DEEP STATE FEARS TO GO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

47 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

A superbly awful "song

Every accusation is a confession, and that song is the perfect example.

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

good lesson.  I want to borrow from it and figure out how to turn MAGA's on RINO's in the way they turned people of color on other people of color. 

I am nowhere close to figuring it out but i suspect there are others who are.  I want MAGA supporters to openly battle one another in public.  

The non-MAGA types, aka what is called a "RINO" these days, most of them probably don't want conflict the way MAGA does, otherwise they'd be Trump fans/MAGA.

If you want to get MAGA angry at non-MAGA (R)s just talk about how they are the reason why DeSantis and others are even running, how they are taking money  away from Trump, how they are helping the MSM take potshots at Trump by interviewing with the MSM, how they are not supporting Trump after had the election stolen from him by running against him, etc.

"Oh they messed up your order at Cracker Barrel while on tour opening for Jason Aldean?  What a tune that'll make.   I'm sorry, I was too busy writing this song without the writing arm I lost in a freak accident at the Remington ammo factory in Eastern Arkansas when I was 11."  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

"Oh they messed up your order at Cracker Barrel while on tour opening for Jason Aldean?  What a tune that'll make.   I'm sorry, I was too busy writing this song without the writing arm I lost in a freak accident at the Remington ammo factory in Eastern Arkansas when I was 11."  

They could update this.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

He has said it over and over.  It's literally the only plank of his campaign "platform" AFAICT.

Smart strategy. If/when Trump is convicted, EVERY serious GOP candidate is jumping all over this. He'll get to campaign on being first, and thus Trump's biggest supporter.

...of course, Trump still wins the GOP nomination by 30 points from prison.

• Like 2

Smart strategy. If/when Trump is convicted, EVERY serious GOP candidate is jumping all over this. He'll get to campaign on being first, and thus Trump's biggest supporter.
...of course, Trump still wins the GOP nomination by 30 points from prison.

Last sentence is a dead certainty. It’s amazing, and true.
  • Hook 'Em 1