Your lifetime record against OU

ImissWallyPryor

15 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’m sitting at 30-26-3 or .534. I need to be >.500 when I die.

Armybrat, you’re at 62-46-5 or .571.

How about the rest of you?

Not quite as many as you. I didn’t get to Texas until high school in 1959.

Edited by Armybrat

Too lazy to look and count, but I'll bet it's pretty close to even-steven. 

My first game was the year I was in first grade, living in Austin, 1949. One of my uncles was at UT Law, and I got to ride to Big D in a surplus Jeep with him and a bunch of his frat bros. We lost, after having won for the last eight or ten years in a row. The Big Eight was better known as Oklahoma and the Seven Dwarves, and Bud Wilkinson was in his first years as their HC.

Born in 1993 so 11 - 14 - 1. But I consider 1998 and Ricky's Heisman campaign as the first year I had a clue of what was going on so 9 - 12 in that time span. Either way, my greatest wish is for Texas to return the favor for ou's 5 year win streak back in 2000 - 2004. Texas was pretty excellent during my primary childhood years (1998 - 2010) except for struggling against the sooners. 

I’ve been to 30, but have a confession to make. The last three times Texas has won, I didn’t go, on purpose, including this year. We have convinced ourselves that we are solely responsible for the cosmic tumblers clicking into place to allow for a win - as long as we aren’t there.

33-32-1. And sitting on the 35 yard line in section 5 (ou side with six other Longhorn fans) was the most satisfying win in my 66 years.  The wife and I went over to the 50, sat in the stands, and didn't leave until the band marched out and DPD came and asked us to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sock Monkey said:

Born in 1993 so 11 - 14 - 1. But I consider 1998 and Ricky's Heisman campaign as the first year I had a clue of what was going on so 9 - 12 in that time span. Either way, my greatest wish is for Texas to return the favor for ou's 5 year win streak back in 2000 - 2004. Texas was pretty excellent during my primary childhood years (1998 - 2010) except for struggling against the sooners. 

That was actually ou paying back a Texas unbeaten streak that ended in 1999. 

My lifetime record either starts in 78 or 79 depending on what day the 78 game was played. 

28 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There's no way I can go back and pick out all of the ones I attended.  All I know is that I was at both the 63-14 and 65-13 disasters and stayed until the bitter end in both.  No victory will ever remove those stains on my soul.

True dat. As penance, keep not marrying strippers (again). There are at least two ways to do that.

Since I transferred to UT, we're 10-13.  Not great, Bob.

Since I was born, we're 10-7-3, quite respectable. 

So overall, 20-20-3.  Not feeling some of the dominance.  But yesterday felt nice.

8-8 in person.  

Me: 20-25-3.

My dad: 46-35-3, was on campus in 63, 69, and 70. 

Grandfather: 36-23-1

Great-grandfather: 29-11-2. He got there five years before they started playing the game and checked out right before Bud Wilkinson did his thing. 

We all are / were Longhorns. 

Clearly I have brought ruin to the University and the family name. 

I attended 2000 and we were down 28-0 before I got to my seat. Final 63-14

Next up 2003. I was in my seat for warmups and OU just looked like they were ready. And the game was just awful. Final 65-13.

I had sworn off ever going again when I decided on a whim to go to Charlie’s upset. I was grinning from the kickoff to the final cannon. Final 24-17 good guys.

I don’t know if I’ll ever go again but there are memories I’ll never forget.

Life record: 20-20-2.
Since my freshman year: 10-13