Nike - at it again

Post Oak

24 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

How nice of Nike to use this kid with special needs to trick people into thinking they're a progressive entity that gives a shit about important issues to sell more shoes. 

Well, to be fair, he has CP.  He probably wouldn't be the best sweatshop employee.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

How nice of Nike to use this kid with special needs to trick people into thinking they're a progressive entity that gives a shit about important issues to sell more shoes. 

Why you hate capitalism, bro?  Nike is going under anyway cause they hate america.  I read about it in a facebook comment.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Whoever is running their marketing department is knocking it out of the fucking park in the last 12 months. Like or hate them the general public and more importantly to them the press is eating it up and they are getting a shit ton of semi free publicity. 

8 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

I love it. This literally has nothing (absolutely fucking zero) to do with donkeys and elephants and you fuckers find a way to cloak room this shit.

GET. A. FUCKING. PURPOSE. Find it and fuck off to where ever arguing makes you happy. Stay out of my feel good threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your thread ?  

And yer not the boss of us.

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Nike/Jordan Brand VP was known felon, admits to being a murderer

Is there a 50 year statue of limitations on murder in Pennsylvania? It doesn’t sound like he’s prepared to go to jail. 

I do not believe there is a limit with respect to murder in that state according to FindLaw. I'm not an attorney though so he maybe ought to consider one.

• Haha 1

The article says he was arrested for it but doesn't elaborate on his sentence, only that he spent much of the time from age "13 to 30" in and out of jail. Probably spent time in juvie I guess?

The newspaper reported that police arrested him soon after the shooting, near where it occurred; Miller tossed his .38 when he saw them coming, but they quickly recovered it. Miller did not know the victim, or whether he had anything to do with the stabbing of his friend, or even whether he had any connection to the 53rd and Pine gang...

It helped that there’s very little in the public record revealing Miller’s past. Simple Google searches provide no clue about his criminal record or jail time. A deeper search by SI discovered a single newspaper clip, from the Philadelphia Daily News and dated Oct. 2, 1965, headlined, “Youth, 16, Admits Slaying of Rival Gang Member.” The second paragraph refers to the suspect as “Larry Miller, of Catharine st. near 57th, a member of the 56th st. and Cedar ave gang.” It identifies the victim as White, who was “found lying on the street at 53d and Locust sts,” and was pronounced dead on arrival at a local hospital. It said he had never had any run-ins with police.

11 minutes ago, field said:

Would it be better to post the actual article from SI.com in which Larry Miller tells his story?  Or is that a hit piece also?

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/10/13/jordan-brand-chairman-larry-miller-shares-secret-daily-cover

I mean yeah that's a completely different headline, article, and tone from "Nike boss says he murdered 18-year-old while in teen gang; He was a straight up gangbanger at 16"

And thank you for sharing the actual story

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

imagine bumping a feel-good thread just to post a smear piece from fox news.

It was literally the first Google result after I initially read the blurb on my Facebook newsfeed. I can post 10 other links if you wish. We also like to neg people for starting new threads here and this one was the most relevant to Nike. Mysteries solved!

• 4 weeks later...