Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

46 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Recession? Sounds like the Investor Class needs another tax cut, Robin!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/trump-signals-support-for-indexing-capital-gains

The grift never ends. The fucking over of the American people continues unabated. 

When will people wake up? 

We wantz the moooney Lebowski!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Recession? Sounds like the Investor Class needs another tax cut, Robin!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/trump-signals-support-for-indexing-capital-gains

Takes some risk out of all stock investments. This would also increase capital losses since the cost basis would grow by the CPI. 

I won't get my hopes up, but I think it might actually be possible to build a convincing argument with the deplorables about the downside of indexing capital gains.  \\

"Do you ever sell stocks in a taxable account?"

"No"

"Do you sell expensive homes or other real estate in which you don't reside?"

"No"

"Well, if you did, this tax change would benefit you.  Since it doesn't benefit you, but obviously benefits somebody, why do you support such an idea?  What do you think it's going to do to  revenue and ultimately our budget deficit?"

A guy can dream.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I won't get my hopes up, but I think it might actually be possible to build a convincing argument with the deplorables about the downside of indexing capital gains.  \\

"Do you ever sell stocks in a taxable account?"

"No"

"Do you sell expensive homes or other real estate in which you don't reside?"

"No"

"Well, if you did, this tax change would benefit you.  Since it doesn't benefit you, but obviously benefits somebody, why do you support such an idea?  What do you think it's going to do to  revenue and ultimately our budget deficit?"

A guy can dream.

Yeah, no.  They all buy trickle down economics lock stock and barrel. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 3

The only thing that makes it tolerable that the poor deplorable class rabidly supports economic policy that highly favors the investor class is being a member of the investor class.  It reminds me of the beached whale that a group of people work all day to unbeach, who just turns around and rebeaches himself.

apropos of nothing, Eddie Izzard is funny as shit and i wish he had current standup. maybe he does, i need to go look. 
topic: Trump is the worst president in the history of the United States and he will be judged as such by history without question. 
GOP says hold my beer...

3 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

The only thing that makes it tolerable that the poor deplorable class rabidly supports economic policy that highly favors the investor class is being a member of the investor class.  It reminds me of the beached whale that a group of people work all day to unbeach, who just turns around and rebeaches himself.

It reminds me of this, because as soon as one gets done fucking somebody, they turn around and fuck them

What did he tweet out that was classified?  I’m reading something from iran but did he just cut and paste a photo or?
He tweeted photo (of photo) showed so much detail that we either (1) have drones over iran or (2) more technologically advanced satellites than anyone (i.e. adversaries) imagined.

Commercial sat image:

His tweet:

Of course, the best part about tweet was saying "US was not involved in the catastrophic accident", "best wishes and good luck in determining what happened".

Sounds like a third grader and MANY PEOPLE ARE SAYING that it is pretty much an admission that we WERE involved.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Paywall -- got a cut and paste?

I’m on my phone,  but this was the part that raised my eyebrows, also that Mulvaney had to spend all day convincing Trump to fire her:

The president had grown to trust her and had grown fond of her. According to Mr. Alberta’s book, Mr. Trump would refer to Ms. Westerhout as “my beautiful beauty.” She was often at his side on trips to Mar-a-Lago, his Palm Beach, Fla., resort, where she would accept gifts on behalf of Mr. Trump and trade business cards with his supporters. Some of them knew that if they wanted to reach the president by phone, they could bypass his other gatekeepers and go directly to her.

But she also had a fairly large coterie of enemies, including some in the East Wing — the purview of the first lady, Melania Trump — which viewed her with suspicion. Some of the president’s friends counseled him over the past two years that she was, in the words of one, “immature,” and was blocking access to him from some people he had known for years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

NDA’s for government employees? Yeah, that’s not a thing. Laws dictate what is classified information. Fuck this guy.

They are rare.  I don't think it's clear that the NDAs signed by POTUS staff are unenforceable, or even unenforceable for an employee's time in government.  It would seem that the courts lean in that direction, but I think we're in new territory here.