Your unpopular food opinions

Parliament

36 minutes ago, Ths71 said:

Sweet Potato fries. The sure are on a lot of menus. Do people like them? Am I supposed to like them? I do not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been to exactly one place that had sweet potato fries that were worth a shit.  Father’s Office in Santa Monica.  I thought they were actually better than the normal fries, which is something I previously thought to be impossible.

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

They are supposed to be healthier for you, but healthier rarely equates to tasting better. (Rarely meaning never)

the biggest nutritional difference (iirc and assuming both are deep fried) is the glycemic response, but since most sweet potato fries i've tried have sugar added, seems like that's out the window. 

On 4/20/2019 at 11:11 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

I like mayo and ketchup mixed on fries.

Me too. I learned this one time when I was eating fries next to some coleslaw, very mayo-y coleslaw and that is when I figured it out. I still like crispy fries and coleslaw together, kinda mixed in where they are not staying in their lanes on the plate.

Me too. I learned this one time when I was eating fries next to some coleslaw, very mayo-y coleslaw and that is when I figured it out. I still like crispy fries and coleslaw together, kinda mixed in where they are not staying in their lanes on the plate.

That ketchup-mayo combo is huge in a lotta places. In Argentina, they call it salsa golf, and they put it on everything.

Whataburger is overrated and in many locations, straight up bad. This is strictly a Texas thing. My gf from the east coast said it's nasty.

Chick Fil A is bland as fuck.

Brown gravy is nasty

Long John's is good for hangovers.

Chipotle sucks. It's no better than Taco Bueno.

Nothing special about BBQ. It's not bad but to wait in line for it? Lulz.

People who care how others eat their steak are lame.

Waffle House sucks and is geared towards SEC country trash.

Blue Bell is not that good. Also, its Aggy and kills you.

Pho is gross.

Guac is good but avocado by itself is not.

Mayo sucks.

I’m not from Texas, and routinely mock Texas’s self infatuation, but Whataburger is great.

There’s no fast food burger joint on the east coast that can compare. The Midwest has Culver’s, the west coast has In N Out, the east coast has no answer to any of these.

Whataburger isn’t the pinnacle of burgers, but for inexpensive fast food, it has few peers.

• Like 1

I’m not from Texas, and routinely mock Texas’s self infatuation, but Whataburger is great.

There’s no fast food burger joint on the east coast that can compare. The Midwest has Culver’s, the west coast has In N Out, the east coast has no answer to any of these.

Whataburger isn’t the pinnacle of burgers, but for inexpensive fast food, it has few peers.

Culver’s is probably the single most underrated fast food franchise around.

14 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

When I say "drunk" I mean pretty heavily intoxicated.  I like being buzzed for the duration of a day - but still capable of functioning.  If I just wanted to black out, I'd drink straight vodka cut with just enough of something else to choke it down.

I did that when I was 17 - drank most of a handle of vodka on my own  

Woke up In a hospital, strapped to a gurney with and IV in each arm, a catheter, and my clothes cut off me. 

I’m 36 - straight vodka will still make me gag. 

51 minutes ago, hornian said:

Woke up In a hospital, strapped to a gurney with and IV in each arm, a catheter, and my clothes cut off me. 

Survival instinct is a real thing.

2 hours ago, hornian said:

Brother?

3 hours ago, hornian said:

Senior year of HS I woke up on the hood of my car after pounding vodka all night.  Haven't touched it since.

6 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Culver’s is probably the single most underrated fast food franchise around.

I noticed when visiting a buddy in DFW back in March that you guys have them now.  Texas is ground zero for great fast food burgers.

But yeah, love me some Culver's.  Its a drive through heart attack, but everything is done well.  Plus, frozen custard > ice cream.

Similar story with rum. Been 27 years and can’t get near it. It’s the devils water.

I did a similar thing at 18 with a liter of blue raspberry UV and another half a liter of cherry.

Didn’t go to the hospital, but woke up in my dorm with puke everywhere running late for class. Threw on a hoody, sat in the back row and realized I could still smell puke. There was dried vomit crusted to my shoulder.

Blue raspberry anything induced my gag reflex to this day. Which is weird, because I was drinking the cherry when I yakked.

I noticed when visiting a buddy in DFW back in March that you guys have them now.  Texas is ground zero for great fast food burgers.
But yeah, love me some Culver's.  Its a drive through heart attack, but everything is done well.  Plus, frozen custard > ice cream.

I had one a mile from my house in Flower Mound. It was awesome. Agreed on the custard.

11 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Whataburger is overrated and in many locations, straight up bad. This is strictly a Texas thing. My gf from the east coast said it's nasty.

Brown gravy is nasty

Pho is gross.

Mayo sucks.

Given your love of the chola, I think all of this makes perfect sense. 

12 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Mayo-sriracha combo is great with fries.

20 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

wtf?!?

I just can’t....

Brown gravy is nasty

Psssssssh, but i guess you can have an opinion

I’ve lost all respect for you

Used to feel this way, but as far as burrito bowls go, it’s ok, and reasonably priced

I secretly agree with you but would never admit it in real life

Gaining back that trust

Yup

Completely redeemed yourself 

Pho is gross.

nailed it

Lets be friends

Mayo sucks.

Shouldn’t even be a controversial opinion, everyone should hate mayo

Such a rollercoaster of emotions.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Had Culver's for the first time late last year and it was pretty fucking good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

There's been a Culver's in SW Austin for a couple of decades.  

My local Culver's know I'm coming thru from ordering no mayo plus mustard. Now if I could great a Shake Shack shake with a Culver's burger instead of what Culver's calls a shake it would be great.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

22 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Brown gravy is nasty

Pho is gross.

Mayo sucks.

But 230 pound 5’1” ugly women are great.  

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 7:52 AM, shnsajax said:

I had one a mile from my house in Flower Mound. It was awesome. Agreed on the custard.

There is one about a block away from my house. Trash fries, tasty burgers, great custard. It's definitely my go-to for fast food burgers 

On 5/3/2019 at 10:51 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Brown gravy is nasty

Pho is gross.

Mayo sucks.

You went 1/12.  Long John's my ninja.

Usual contrarian self otherwise. No one gives a shit what your imaginary east coast gf thinks about Whataburger haha.

"She lives in Canada."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo

Curds & Whey.  Or Wey, Spanish slang.  Was attempting a play on words.  Or a play on curds, if you will.  Nevermind, I gotta go back to bed.