Israel

SmokeyBear1861

Amazing to me that so many people think they know how to solve the Hamas-Israel situation while we have a sect of wackos who are determined to overthrow the legally elected government of our country, and no one has a clue how to stop it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 4

9 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

True. Religion deserves credit for carrying the torch of ignorance and superstition for millennia. Just imagine where science, technology, and medicine would be without all the innovative useless horseshit developed and foisted upon the world by religion. 

Religion is the excuse.  Without religion, another excuse would take its place.  The reason is a desire for power.   The reason is that we are animals living in tribes of different sizes.  Fuck OU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It poisons everything. And religious conservatives are the worst…in every religion. They’re the ones who don’t want peace. They’re the ones who assassinate their own leaders for trying to make peace with the other side like they did to Anwar Sadat in Egypt and Yitzhak Rabin in Israel (for separate peace deals, of course).

I don’t disagree with any of this but your immediately prior post is dishonest. 

2 hours ago, G650 said:

Its literally the only way to understand it, but by all means analyze this incident in a vacuum. Usually works well.

ETA: At no point did I say anything about Israel not having a right to exist, or give any justification for Hamas. But if anyone doesn't know the history, they are frankly not qualified to speak on this matter (which of course isn't going to stop anyone from opining, just look at this thread). No action happens in a vacuum, me responding to this post is a downstream action of things that happened 100 years ago. It's not removing agency to talk about this, it's adding context to how we got here.

As @Gatorubet said you are generally a great poster, but you are frankly acting like an emotional toddler on this. Personally my biggest beef with Isreal isn't their existence, it's they are a really shitty ally, which as a "hand" you should be well aware of, and maybe you probably should recognize that maybe you aren't the smartest guy in the room on this one.

I think we are talking past each other— yes, as I said, the history has to be known to understand the chess board. You need to know that Khrushchev transferred Crimea to the Ukrainian SSR and that if he hadn’t, there would have been no need for the Russian Federation to illegally occupy it in 2014.  But that’s not explanatory or even the most relevant thing driving what Vladimir Putin did in 2014 and why he did it (although Russians will talk like it is).  And it’s certainly not really helpful when looking at why the Russians did what they did in Bucha, even though the one was directly downstream of the other.  

So yeah, without Sykes Picot and the Mandate we don’t have a partitioned Palestine for Hamas to rule and launch terror attacks out of, and that’s relevant but not directly linked to why Hamas’ war boiz did this on Saturday. 

24 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Amazing to me that so many people think they know how to solve the Hamas-Israel situation while we have a sect of wackos who are determined to overthrow the legally elected government of our country, and no one has a clue how to stop it.

I haven't seen any post that describes how to solve it. There is no clear path to the Arab world accepting Israel.  The US Saudi pact currently being negotiated is a tiny wedge into that but not a solution. There is no clear path to the Palestinian people to eject the extremists from running their government. There is no clear path to the Israeli people ejecting their far right extremist government. There is no clear path to reducing actions and tensions on either side. I don't think anyone sees a solution anytime soon.

If you want to fantasize about a potential path, maybe Iran and Saudi Arabia become great friends and declare Israel can exist.  For that to happen, somehow the citizens of Iran would have to overthrow their government again, and the Saudi prince would have to cross the finish line on the negotiations over Israel. Maybe that would be a path, but highly improbable.

Interestingly, if that did happen, it would make the Middle Eastern powers much more powerful globally.

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Seige is the way to go.  Denies them some glorious battle and the virgins in the afterlife won't like someone emaciated.  They'll surrender in a month or two.

Get ready for stories about starving kids and the morons in the West will eat it all up.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Siap

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-american-carrier-strike-force-mediterranean-db05d535a9ebb931f684f758c9b6f628

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Sunday he has ordered the Ford carrier strike group to sail to the Eastern Mediterranean to be ready to assist Israel after the attack by Hamas that has left more than 1,000 dead on both sides. Americans were reported to be among those killed and missing.

The USS Gerald R. Ford, the Navy’s newest and most advanced aircraft carrier, and its approximately 5,000 sailors and deck of warplanes will be accompanied by cruisers and destroyers in a show of force that is meant to be ready to respond to anything, from possibly interdicting additional weapons from reaching Hamas and conducting surveillance.

56 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

True. The words stand for themselves. Nothing anti-Semitic about them. If you want to interpret them in some other way, that’s on you. I didn’t write the scripture but I can read. 

It was a false equivalency, but I don't believe the statement was antisemitic. I don't know why that accusation was levied. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Well to be fair they did kidnap and kill a number of Americans. 

I mean the whole shootin' match called the Middle East. Nothing much comes to mind when I think about what the US has got out of it. Hell, the original Zionist didn't really want the Jewish homeland to be in Palestine. I wish we'd given them Arizona or West Texas or part of Germany. 

Cheap oil? Is what we've paid and lost really worth it? Is the unending antipathy of the radicalized Muslim world worth it? I really don't think so.

Europeans have paid five or ten times for gas what we have. They seem to be doing fine. Look closely, and you'll see they have great mass transit.

Israel seems able to fend for itself. I don't really see why we need to send a carrier group to back them up while they're clearly the overdog in this conflict.

I've suspected for quite sometime that we have to stay in bed with Israel because they've done some truly dirty work for us. 

But hey, big trucks with tow-packages that you take to the office and maybe tow things ten times a year! Let the slaughter continue! We likes low prices and stupid things!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 4

Reports of "intruders" and "armed suspects" into Israel from across the Lebanon border and Israeli helicopter attacks on the Lebanon side.

Military analyst is speculating that these are Hezbollah recon missions that might be a precursor to more.

Here we fucking go...

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Dorie Miller is getting a carrier. 

Wasp, Intrepid, Hornet, Lexington; those are good ship names. 

I suspect we'll be selling the rights eventually, so we'll have USS Spiderman Sponsored by Cheetohs. It will be sad if we ever have to experience just how vulnerable these ships are to subs and, now, drones.

"The USS GalleryofFurniture.com was lost today with almost all hands. The USS Shamwow is still looking for survivors. President Kardashian texted that this act 'will be avenged!'"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I mean the whole shootin' match called the Middle East. Nothing much comes to mind when I think about what the US has got out of it. Hell, the original Zionist didn't really want the Jewish homeland to be in Palestine. I wish we'd given them Arizona or West Texas or part of Germany. 

Cheap oil? Is what we've paid and lost really worth it? Is the unending antipathy of the radicalized Muslim world worth it? I really don't think so.

Europeans have paid five or ten times for gas what we have. They seem to be doing fine. Look closely, and you'll see they have great mass transit.

Israel seems able to fend for itself. I don't really see why we need to send a carrier group to back them up while they're clearly the overdog in this conflict.

I've suspected for quite sometime that we have to stay in bed with Israel because they've done some truly dirty work for us. 

But hey, big trucks with tow-packages that you take to the office and maybe tow things ten times a year! Let the slaughter continue! We likes low prices and stupid things!

You must be aware that Israel has no oil. Like, zero. Right?  

9 minutes ago, Covri said:

Enterprise is coming back, just like before not all are named for presidents but some are and will be:

image.thumb.png.a020f06f2389d0d2c3793feb199c1c58.png

Given the politics now, I don't think we will see any aircraft carriers being named after Clinton, GWB, Obama, Trump or Biden. Well, if Trump wins he might order one named after him.

At least JFK and Bush all saw action in WW2 with the Navy and we know their stories. Ford was also in the Navy during WW2 and served on a light aircraft carrier.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, for the modern era, shouldn't we be naming warships things like "I Wish a Muthafucka Would," and the "SS Fuck Around and Find Out?"  We live in a surreal simulation anyway, might as well embrace it.

or go the NASCAR route and start selling product placement stickers and patches to help fund the defense dept.

This cruise missile brought you by BC Headache powder "Are you surrounded by explosions all day and your headache wont go away, try some BC powder"

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So yeah, without Sykes Picot and the Mandate we don’t have a partitioned Palestine for Hamas to rule and launch terror attacks out of, and that’s relevant but not directly linked to why Hamas’ war boiz did this on Saturday. 

Yeah, we probably are. To make clear, Hamas did that on Saturday because they are fucking scum, no two ways about it.

My comments before were aimed at people who were lobbing all sorts of hot takes without any grasp of how we got here, not as an analysis of this particular act.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

at some point they will figure out that they are being used mercilessly by the Arab world as a wedge, a scapegoat, and a target simultaneously. 

Eh, I wouldn't count on it.

• Hook 'Em 4

or go the NASCAR route and start selling product placement stickers and patches to help fund the defense dept.

This cruise missile brought you by BC Headache powder "Are you surrounded by explosions all day and your headache wont go away, try some BC powder"

Why not sell sponsorships? The USS crypto.com brought to you by Capital One

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Hell, the original Zionist didn't really want the Jewish homeland to be in Palestine.

There's more than a touch of anti Semitism involved with the actual founding of Israel.

But, if you will it, it is no dream.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Why not sell sponsorships? The USS crypto.com brought to you by Capital One

Remember to sell naming rights to different parts of the ship. The USS Crypto.com, brought to you by Capital One. Of course, there's the Cheez-it Memorial Flight Deck and it's all watched over by the Pacific Life Bridge.

Remember, when you want to project your power, project Pacific Life.

I haven't seen any post that describes how to solve it. There is no clear path to the Arab world accepting Israel.  The US Saudi pact currently being negotiated is a tiny wedge into that but not a solution. There is no clear path to the Palestinian people to eject the extremists from running their government. There is no clear path to the Israeli people ejecting their far right extremist government. There is no clear path to reducing actions and tensions on either side. I don't think anyone sees a solution anytime soon.
If you want to fantasize about a potential path, maybe Iran and Saudi Arabia become great friends and declare Israel can exist.  For that to happen, somehow the citizens of Iran would have to overthrow their government again, and the Saudi prince would have to cross the finish line on the negotiations over Israel. Maybe that would be a path, but highly improbable.
Interestingly, if that did happen, it would make the Middle Eastern powers much more powerful globally.

Arabs live on the Arabian Peninsula. The Arab world is not representative of the Muslim community as a whole.

Egypt has fairly stable agreement with Israel. They would rather partner than fight. It was Egypts military that evacuated the Israeli ambassadors in 2011, and it was Israel that gave Egypt permission to launch ground attacks on Sinai with IDF providing air support. Through the chaos that Egypt has had in the past 20 years the relationship has remained solid.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, for the modern era, shouldn't we be naming warships things like "I Wish a Muthafucka Would," and the "SS Fuck Around and Find Out?"  We live in a surreal simulation anyway, might as well embrace it.

The UK does ship names right, it’s hard not to understand you’ve fucked up when getting a broadside from the HMS Indefatigable, Warspite, Terrible, Ark Royal, Vengance, Repulse, or Spiteful. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The UK does ship names right, it’s hard not to understand you’ve fucked up when getting a broadside from the HMS Indefatigable, Warspite, Terrible, Ark Royal, Vengance, Repulse, or Spiteful. 

Imagine hearing a British sailor pronounce this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

You must be aware that Israel has no oil. Like, zero. Right?  

That would be such a powerful point if our involvement with Israel were the only thing we'd ever had going in the MidEast. Salient even.

Use google. Start with Iran and Mossadegh. Maybe track our relationship with Saddam over the years. Israel is a central complication not the only complication. We've even had a couple wars over there that didn't involve Israel. All kinds of interesting shit.

Or, you can stick to the narrow road. I leave it to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I suspect we'll be selling the rights eventually, so we'll have USS Spiderman Sponsored by Cheetohs. It will be sad if we ever have to experience just how vulnerable these ships are to subs and, now, drones.

"The USS GalleryofFurniture.com was lost today with almost all hands. The USS Shamwow is still looking for survivors. President Kardashian texted that this act 'will be avenged!'"

President Hector Dwayne Mountain Dew Camacho approved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1