so, Jeffrey Epstein

Gil Bang

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This isn't a court of law. I don't need to see video evidence. We know he associated with a known pedophile, and flew to his islands countless times. We have a deposition of a person saying he likes them young.

Incorrect: we have a deposition of a person saying that another person said that Bill likes them young. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Bill has had numerous accusations levied against him of everything from groping women to straight up rape.

The rape charge is absurd and pretty much created by the hate engine. What he did with Monica was wrong, but it is worth remembering that she persisted in wanting to have sex of some sort with him. He resisted for quite awhile as the transcripts showed.

I don't doubt that he has groped women he thought were likely willing. Again, that's very wrong. I make the distinction not to defend the action, but to introduce the idea that Clinton seems to have had affairs with adult women who were willing. 

Where he is likely horrbly wrong in the Epstein affair is that I can't believe he and anyone who flew with Epstein on his jet and knew the same people hadn't heard what was going on. I can imagine Clinton being approached by the pimp, Epstein. If this likelihood is true, that would be, to me, a fatal transgression. 

If it turns out he did even handle one of the underage females, he should face prosecution.

I don't like hearing the echoes of the hate engine from Clinton's terms. American Spectator out of Arkansas was pouring lies to an audience anxious to believe them. They were often repeated to the point that many are still held as truth. Hillary had an affair with and then had Vince Foster murdered. Oh yea, she was also a lesbian.

Hateful shit and the beginning of the path we are now on.

15 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We have a deposition of a person saying he likes them young.

This keeps getting mentioned on these threads and the fact that it is from deposition testimony—serious lawyer stuff!—is invoked to lend it gravitas. But if you’re going to imply that a claim is credible because it came up in a certain formal legal context, you can’t ignore how the legal system treats that context. 

Yes, some guy testified under oath in a deposition that Jeffrey Epstein told him that Bill Clinton likes young women. But in the legal system, that testimony is absolutely worthless and would be rightly excluded from any trial.

The technical reason is that it’s hearsay. Basically, it’s someone passing off a rumor as evidence of the rumor’s truth. And the American legal system assigns zero weight to hearsay testimony because it’s so unreliable and easy to fabricate. It’s possible this guy’s lying, of course, but fundamentally he’s just passing off a rumor he heard from someone else, about which has no personal knowledge that would allow him to confirm or deny its truth. 

So maybe there’s some fire to this smoke and notorious poon hound Bill Clinton turns out to be an even bigger creep than we all assumed he was. Could be. But the deposition testimony that folks keep citing is completely worthless. It’s just a game of telephone, wrapped up with a fancy courtroom bow on it. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Only in the cloak room is pointing out something that is a factual matter of record considered "stanning." 

Actually it's the Daily Texas board you're describing. They bleed over here every once in awhile.

Clinton is catnip to them. They invented a devil to make them feel righteous and good.

These same people will say what I wrote above is a defense of Clinton in this matter. They don't understand good faith discussion.  

@Neonmoon distinguishes between his opinion and what is known. It's not an outlandish opinion whatsoever. I do believe he is reaching in describing a post that begins with "We all know Bill Clinton is a piece of shit..." as a blind defense of the man.

Fine.

To all lawyers, Bill Clinton has not been proven to be a pedophile and there is zero evidence he is a pedophile 

In my personal opinion, if I was a betting man, I would lean he’s a pedophile based on baseless conjecture 

@RomaVicta thank you. He gets it

I am just pointing out #bothsides tend to point out legal technicalities or but what about  when discussion of their deity comes up 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This keeps getting mentioned on these threads and the fact that it is from deposition testimony—serious lawyer stuff!—is invoked to lend it gravitas. But if you’re going to imply that a claim is credible because it came up in a certain formal legal context, you can’t ignore how the legal system treats that context. 

Yes, some guy testified under oath in a deposition that Jeffrey Epstein told him that Bill Clinton likes young women. But in the legal system, that testimony is absolutely worthless and would be rightly excluded from any trial.

The technical reason is that it’s hearsay. Basically, it’s someone passing off a rumor as evidence of the rumor’s truth. And the American legal system assigns zero weight to hearsay testimony because it’s so unreliable and easy to fabricate. It’s possible this guy’s lying, of course, but fundamentally he’s just passing off a rumor he heard from someone else, about which has no personal knowledge that would allow him to confirm or deny its truth. 

So maybe there’s some fire to this smoke and notorious poon hound Bill Clinton turns out to be an even bigger creep than we all assumed he was. Could be. But the deposition testimony that folks keep citing is completely worthless. It’s just a game of telephone, wrapped up with a fancy courtroom bow on it. 

All of this. Will also add that "he likes them young" is completely subjective. What is considered young for a 60 year old man? 30, 25, 20, 15? A vague bit of hearsay in a deposition doesn't constitute a smoking gun.

And just to be clear, not defending Clinton. I have no idea if he's a pedophile. If he is, he should be tried and convicted.

• Hook 'Em 3

Oh come on, guys. You/We can stand here and draw lines in the sand all day and see who can piss the greatest distance if you want but nothing happens, ever unless the TEAM somehow manages to beat the other TEAM. I'm not talking about this thread or even this board in that regard. Hillary outed George (senior) for his affair with his secretary that began when he was working in China, then here we go whoopsies here's the affair that Bill had with Gennifer Flowers, Lewensky; Trump and his harem, and on and on. None of this is okay--not because of adults, but because of the power difference. Male or female doesn't matter. The pedophilia ramps it up to another level but it is still a matter of don't ask don't tell with the powerful protecting their own while trying to gain advantage, letting the victims dangle and get exoriated all while we choose apparent sides and bicker. How stupid are we? Wait don't answer that.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Someone testifying, that someone else told them that Bill likes them young, is fairly weak evidence if not zero evidence. Especially if Epstein is one of the people passing on this info.

14 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I know that this will come as shocking news, but Bill likes 'em young. 

I love how @Anastasis posts "Bill likes'em young", everyone pig piles on each other on a debate over whether Bill is a sexual criminal and pedophile, just a horny dumbass or something in between, and then Ana returns to a real discussion about the release with Alan Dershowitz, David Copperfield and Steven Hawking standing out.  That is some serious intardnet crowd control.  Bravo.  Masterful gambit, sir.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The big reveal is that people will conclude without any other supporting evidence that everyone who associated with Jeffrey Epstein in any way is a pedophile rapist. Even wheelchair bound, can’t even speak by himself Stephen Hawking. Nope, there’s no chance that they were associating with him because he was a billionaire and that maybe he’d contribute to a cause that mattered to them. The case is settled before it even gets made. They’re all pedophile rapists. Case closed. 

This is the best post in the thread at this point.  Way too many otherwise smart people look at any association with Epstein as evidence of guilt for the other side.  The fact that Epstein was connected to so many powerful, famous and influential people of varying ideologies is evidence of both these facts:

• Human depravity follows no political ideology
  • Rich, famous and powerful people tend to be in the orbit of other rich, famous and powerful people

When a person associated with Epstein is a polarizing figure, anyone who doesn't like that figure uses that association as a reason for that figure to be strung up by a rope, metaphorically or otherwise.  There are a lot of people associated with Epstein, a lot for whom there is strong and direct evidence of pedophilia (I'm looking at you, Prince Andrew & Alan Dershowitz) but people just want to talk about Clinton's or Trump's connection and possible pedophilia.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have the feds arrested anyone else associated with Epstein?  He got a sweetheart deal years ago, got released, was arrested again in 2019 and "killed himself" in jail.  G Maxwell was convicted and is in the pokey.  Anyone else?

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

The rape charge is absurd and pretty much created by the hate engine. What he did with Monica was wrong, but it is worth remembering that she persisted in wanting to have sex of some sort with him. He resisted for quite awhile as the transcripts showed.

I don't doubt that he has groped women he thought were likely willing. Again, that's very wrong. I make the distinction not to defend the action, but to introduce the idea that Clinton seems to have had affairs with adult women who were willing. 

Where he is likely horrbly wrong in the Epstein affair is that I can't believe he and anyone who flew with Epstein on his jet and knew the same people hadn't heard what was going on. I can imagine Clinton being approached by the pimp, Epstein. If this likelihood is true, that would be, to me, a fatal transgression. 

If it turns out he did even handle one of the underage females, he should face prosecution.

I don't like hearing the echoes of the hate engine from Clinton's terms. American Spectator out of Arkansas was pouring lies to an audience anxious to believe them. They were often repeated to the point that many are still held as truth. Hillary had an affair with and then had Vince Foster murdered. Oh yea, she was also a lesbian.

Hateful shit and the beginning of the path we are now on.

Yeah I don't disagree with you, I'm just a big believer in where there's smoke, there's fire when it comes to people like that. Especially being associated with Epstein.

I hate even bringing it up because people might think I'm doing a #bothsides or running a smokescreen for Trump or something (though my CR post history should make it very clear that I'm a leftist) but I'm also jaded by years of my fellow lefties defending him with their full chests for reasons that remain unfathomable to me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'm not defending either of them.  If Bill was on those flights and fucked 14-year-olds, throw his butt in PMITA prison and throw away the key.  Hawking is dead, if it makes you feel better dig him up and put his corpse in irons, so be it.  Although, I do struggle to understand how Hawking could rape anything.  I guess drool could be categorized as a weapon. 

Tn_sybian_gmax1.jpg

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

You would be wrong.  "Technically" kinda matters.  My expectation is covered by "where there's smoke, there's fire".  Then again, some people lie, like "Hillary is sex trafficking kids out of a Washington DC pizza joint's basement" (when in fact it doesn't even have a fucking basement).

Bill is/was also old enough that anybody under the age of 30 would qualify as "very young." I say that with full knowledge what "young" usually meant in the Epstein/Maxwell circles.

Edited by C-Man

54 minutes ago, Goredho said:

This is the best post in the thread at this point.  Way too many otherwise smart people look at any association with Epstein as evidence of guilt for the other side.  The fact that Epstein was connected to so many powerful, famous and influential people of varying ideologies is evidence of both these facts:

• Human depravity follows no political ideology
  • Rich, famous and powerful people tend to be in the orbit of other rich, famous and powerful people

When a person associated with Epstein is a polarizing figure, anyone who doesn't like that figure uses that association as a reason for that figure to be strung up by a rope, metaphorically or otherwise.  There are a lot of people associated with Epstein, a lot for whom there is strong and direct evidence of pedophilia (I'm looking at you, Prince Andrew & Alan Dershowitz) but people just want to talk about Clinton's or Trump's connection and possible pedophilia.

I assume that many people associated with Epstein did not partake in his illegal activities. Epstein sought out rich, famous and smart people to be in his sphere. It doesn't mean that he had to give them young women/girls to get their attention. For some he did.

To their credit, I'm under the impression that both Trump and Clinton both ended their association with Epstein before his late 2000s conviction. If that's inaccurate, I'm happy if I'm proven wrong.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

This isn't a court of law. I don't need to see video evidence. We know he associated with a known pedophile, and flew to his islands countless times. We have a deposition of a person saying he likes them young.

If after hearing all this, you assert "we don't know he's a pedophile". That's technically true, we don't. In fact, until he's convicted in a court a law, he won't be actually be one. At the same time, I will logically assume you are defending him. 

Hang on, are you privy to investigative materials that the press hasn't gotten a hold of?  How do we know that Bill flew there countless times, again?

• Hook 'Em 1

I find it pretty unlikely that Bill himself slept with any girls he knew to be underage. I find it less unlikely that he didn't really care about a girl's age if she looked "old enough" and might've slept with a girl who was 16 or 17. I find it pretty damned likely that he knew Epstein was himself a pedo and involved in sex trafficking young girls and didn't much care.  And I think the likelihood that Trump slept with girls he knew to be underage is probably at least as likely as it is that Bill knew about Epstein's activities, because he's a bigger creep than Bill and we've all seen the many pictures of him with younger Ivanka.

The new testimony from a girl who doesn't appear to be Virginia Giuffre that Dershowitz repeatedly raped her is incredibly damning. His denials of Giuffre's allegations were always obviously desperate bullshit, but I don't see how this doesn't lead to a criminal investigation into him. For anyone who's unfamiliar, ALAB podcast did a great episode a few years ago covering what was known at the time about his involvement with Epstein. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I believe the flights logs were released? Was that fake?

As far as I am aware, the flight logs show Clinton on Epstein's plane, but to destinations other than his island. He is entitled to 24/7 secret service protection so I would think "countless trips" to the island would be reflected in the secret service logs as well. 

https://www.newsweek.com/did-bill-clinton-visit-jeffrey-epstein-island-what-we-know-1857039

Clinton is mentioned in the lawsuit and while there is no accusation of wrongdoing, Giuffre claims that she met Clinton on Epstein Island.

Although there are flight logs obtained from other lawsuits against Epstein showing that Clinton flew on Epstein's jet, they do not show that the former president flew to the island.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, bolverk said:

There's zero evidence he ever went to the island. No, the flight logs haven't been released.

(Edit: Getting caught up. I haven't followed this shit until last night, so I don't know if/where flight logs have been released. There weren't any from last night's stuff. Keep reading; see below.)

A claim was made that Maxwell flew Clinton to the island shortly after his presidency ended in her original allegations against Epstein. Clinton adamantly denied he ever visited the island. The counterargument is two-fold: 1) The Secret Service would've never let him be flown by someone in a helicopter who had just gotten their pilots license, and 2) there's no evidence of any trip from the Secret Service.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/24253239/1324-epstein-documents-943-pages.pdf

Testimony of one of the victims Joanna Sjoberg (note the page number I included in the screenshot):

image.thumb.png.01bcfef479746ead36bbf22fb447d2e2.png

The meat of Clinton allegations in yesterday's release (note the page numbers I included in the screenshots):

image.thumb.png.7ecc4743a6a86acfc7dcce179df16959.png

image.thumb.png.45604b80caf3a4d489417e963665d49a.png

image.thumb.png.6eb0b3a368f84bae6439a030684604a6.png

image.png.236a94247219f1744167df555de4129f.png

Examination of Giuffre (victim) during the Maxwell investigation, regarding a story written by Sarah Churcher that Bill Clinton was flown to the island by Maxwell:

image.png.0fea8092491649ed023103c2989ba887.png

image.thumb.png.858ca0005cf9502b65be70c3642b1344.png

image.thumb.png.5cc5424c358929b04e9f486c3a0759e3.png

image.thumb.png.994d6c0e814c5d022e4963c30aff1a08.png

image.thumb.png.e2c7f8085cacf63ba4924b38ffee1521.png

image.png.a623d71ba1ffeeb775f910492c2d33cd.png

Do not take this as any defense of Clinton's overall conduct as a person. It is only a reference to yesterday's release to clear up the record so that no one is operating on information that may be false and that, to date, there is no evidence he ever visited the island.

Interesting read. Sounds like Maxwell was lying about Clinton to make herself sound more important, and those lies were passed onto a journalist who took them, or spun them, as facts. But zero validation was performed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interesting read. Sounds like Maxwell was lying about Clinton to make herself sound more important, and those lies were passed onto a journalist who took them, or spun them, as facts. But zero validation was performed. 

That's exactly what seems to have happened, based on the information that was released last night. Maybe there's other stuff out there, but again, I haven't followed this Epstein shit very closely until last night so it's quite possible (very likely) that I haven't seen what all is out there.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

People should stop defending Bill for the things we know he has done, not the things we don't know about.  What was done to Monica in that whole mess is awful.  And she was treated like the bad guy in all of it.

Yeah, that was normally the case for women of that era. See Anita Hill.

• Hook 'Em 7

18 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Throwing shade? Some of y'all getting really bunched up in your drawers over delusions. I made a joke about Bill liking them young, and some of y'all reacted in really unhinged fashion.

Bill Clinton's a perv. Bill Clinton might have been with underage girls on Epstein Island. Bill Clinton might belong in jail. But Bill Clinton is just one of many Epstein Island guests, and he isn't running for President of the United States. Bill Clinton's supporters (of which I am not) generally don't believe there's a global pedophile ring conspiracy among "the elites" and his political opponents, or that he is the only one who can bring those scoundrels to justice, even though he himself is a perv who might have been with underage girls on Epstein Island and who might belong in jail. That would describe supporters of Donald Trump, current GOP nominee for POTUS. That's a little more distressing than the alleged actions of another disgraced former president, IMHO. So in jest, I made a reference to the Anastasis "both sides" trope after you pointed out Bill's involvement with Epstein, and that is somehow "unhinged" and makes me a "bootlicker?" You gots to chill....

P.S. No problem with admiring Ellie Ergrande (hat tip: Tan Mom).

Edited by TheRealRonWeaver?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Dana Carvey as Strom Thurmond was the highlight. Farley was great but the best part of it was his background expressions when not talking. 

100% this. So damn funny.

40 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Bill Clinton's a perv. Bill Clinton might have been with underage girls on Epstein Island. Bill Clinton might belong in jail. But Bill Clinton is just one of many Epstein Island guests, and he isn't running for President of the United States. Bill Clinton's supporters (of which I am not) generally don't believe there's a global pedophile ring conspiracy among "the elites" and his political opponents, or that he is the only one who can bring those scoundrels to justice, even though he himself is a perv who might have been with underage girls on Epstein Island and who might belong in jail. That would describe supporters of Donald Trump, current GOP nominee for POTUS. That's a little more distressing than the alleged actions of another disgraced former president, IMHO. So in jest, I made a reference to the Anastasis "both sides" trope after you pointed out Bill's involvement with Epstein, and that is somehow "unhinged" and makes me a "bootlicker?" You gots to chill....

P.S. No problem with admiring Ellie Ergrande (hat tip: Tan Mom).

Wait, Epstein wasn’t running a global pedophile ring and blackmailing the world’s elite? Isn’t that something that did happen that we can agree on?