Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

My understanding of the VOA is it’s our PRO DEMOCRACY propaganda radio station in Eastern Europe.  There’s also Radio Free Europe.  It’s awful Trump is going to change into a far-right anti-democracy mouthpiece. It’s a tremendous gift to Putin too.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

For the rest of my voting life, my first question when considering a candidate will be “does this person in any way resemble Donald Trump”, and if the answer is yes I will not only not vote for them, I will immediately enthusiastically vote for their opponent.  But otherwise, I will consider all candidates regardless of party.

Does "resemble Donald Trump" include "supported him and/or sat by while he destroyed this country"?

Edited by Biff Tannen
fixed
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Nah.  Trump is exactly who we all knew he was.  He may be the culmination of a decades-long trajectory, but he can be undone quickly.  If they run out a candidate (Presidential or down-ballot) who in any way resembles a Trump Republican, they should lose.  But if they lose this election and immediately and dramatically pivot party-wide to Eisenhower Republicanism, I will consider those candidates.

For the rest of my voting life, my first question when considering a candidate will be “does this person in any way resemble Donald Trump”, and if the answer is yes I will not only not vote for them, I will immediately enthusiastically vote for their opponent.  But otherwise, I will consider all candidates regardless of party.

Those candidates will be lying. Just like they were fucking lying in 2010 when they ran as the tea party and told us that what they really cared about was fiscal responsibility, and that this time they really mean it. You're exactly right that Trump is the culmination of a decades-long trajectory.

The roots of this predate the founding of our country. All that isn't just going to vanish because Trump loses. Replacing Louis Gohmert with Louis Gohmert's clone who downplays the public racism and says he just wants to help businesses grow and support their communities isn't going to change anything, because he'll actually be just as stupid and crazy as Louis Gohmert and it will be the same fucking people electing him as elected Louis Gohmert.

• Like 5

Nah.  Trump is exactly who we all knew he was.  He may be the culmination of a decades-long trajectory, but he can be undone quickly.  If they run out a candidate (Presidential or down-ballot) who in any way resembles a Trump Republican, they should lose.  But if they lose this election and immediately and dramatically pivot party-wide to Eisenhower Republicanism, I will consider those candidates.

I'm thinking a lot of social media accounts will be thoroughly scrubbed.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, and Anonymous was going to release financial information on him, Rick Wilson was supposed to have a bombshell yesterday, Bolton supposedly reveals the whole foreign interference in his book, vulnerable Senate candidates from Class 2 are gonna break ranks, #BunkerBitch was gonna break his spirit, etc., etc., etc.  

His people don't fucking care.  4 years in with this dipshit and I gotta remind you guys how we keep the Republic's lights on around here?  You gotta get 5-10% of the 80mm that didn't vote last time to get out and vote.  That's it.  That's all that matters now.  

There👏Is👏No👏Peak👏 Trump.

• Like 2

Hoping/wishing the county would tell him to just get fucked:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200616/trump-golf-club-asks-palm-beach-county-for-rent-relief

In a June 5 letter to the county, finance director of Trump International Golf Club cited the “significant impact” caused by county’s order shutting parks and golf courses during the pandemic.

President Donald Trump’s golf club in West Palm Beach has asked Palm Beach County to defer some of the $88,338 monthly rent it pays to lease public land for the president’s private golf club, citing hardships caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

In a June 5 letter to the county, the club’s finance director, Ed Raymundo, cited the “significant impact” caused by county’s order shutting parks and golf courses during the pandemic. The March 25 order coincided with the “busiest part of our season,” Raymundo wrote.

The county and its Department of Airports, which both hold leases on Trump’s 27-hole golf club on airport property, have taken no action on the club’s request for rent relief, according to county officials. The club has paid rent through June.

Trump signed a lease with the county in 1996 and 2002, after a long and controversial lawsuit over the land. The 99-year lease agreement requires Trump to make monthly payments that had increased over the years to $54,534 for the main 18-hole golf course and $33,804 for the smaller, nine-hole course.

The Palm Beach County Commission has already agreed to defer the rent for other tenants, including cafes and coffee shops that operate at county parks and buildings.

Rent relief for tenants with more complex leases, like those Trump negotiated to build his 27-hole golf club, must be approved by the commission. According to the June 5 letter, the club is asking for rent relief similar to abatements already approved for other tenants.

The June 5 letter follows an email Raymundo sent the county on March 25 — the day the county ordered parks and golf courses closed — inquiring how the county intended to handle the $88,338 monthly rent during the pandemic.

Spoiler

“This mandate has resulted in the cancellation of events and forced the Club to close many of it’s (cq) amenities leaving limited services available to our members,” Raymundo wrote. “In addition, with many New York based members, the Governor’s most recent order requiring individuals traveling from the tri-state area to self-quarantine further hampers our operation. Your direction in this is greatly appreciated.”

Of the three golf clubs Trump owns in South Florida, including Trump National Doral and Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter, the golf club in West Palm Beach is by far the one the president frequents the most.

Just a few miles from Mar-a-Lago, Trump has spent 83 of the 127 days he has visited Mar-a-Lago as president at Trump International. Trump hosts his annual Super Bowl party at the club and has played there with golf legends, political allies and White House aides.

Trump’s businesses - mostly real estate, hotels, branding, resorts and golf clubs - are among the industries that have been hit hardest.

Trump’s empire was already suffering from a tarnished brand before coronavirus surfaced in the U.S. in January. By early April, Forbes estimated Trump’s $3.1 billion net worth had dropped by $1 billion.

As thousands of hotel rooms remained empty, big-ticket events and campaign fundraisers at Mar-a-Lago and the Trump Hotel in Washington, DC were canceled. At Trump’s businesses in Florida, the Trump Doral resort and golf clubs in West Palm Beach and Jupiter, more than 1,000 workers have been laid off.

Penny pinching at Trump hotels included eliminating flowers, chocolates and newspapers at its New York hotel and lights out in common areas in its Chicago hotel to save on electricity, according to letters obtained by the Washington Post that hotel management sent to investors.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....this is why we're entering the most dangerous period in our history in decades.  Anyone and anything that is lawful is falling away/running away from this administration.  It's just Trump and the Trumpists, Miller, Barr, etc.  And there are only two paths for them: win re-election, insulating themselves from consequences and freeing them to pursue their psychotic, authoritarian agenda, or defeat in November, subjecting them to grave consequences, both legal and social.  They will not accept the second possibility -- it is on par with death.  They are fighting like animals with their backs to the wall.  It's victory or death for them, and you damned well better believe they'll do anything you can imagine, and more, to get that victory.

You have a lawless, un-American authoritarian regime that is desperate to retain power.  What follows is already known.  Buckle up.

This.

I have a strong feeling that my status will change from expat to refugee within the next year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

This.

I have a strong feeling that my status will change from expat to refugee within the next year.

If Miller and Barr get their way and the Trump regime remains in power, these will be the only classes of Americans: loyalists, rebels, or refugees.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If Miller and Barr get their way and the Trump regime remains in power, these will be the only classes of Americans: loyalists, rebels, or refugees.

There won't be any refugees. We're never going to curb covid so we're all going to be stuck here in quarantine.

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Awaiting the day when foreign countries start banning flights from the US, and the outrage that will follow.

Yeah Trumptards will be pissed when their ski vacation in Chile or their trip to Cannes is cancelled...come on they won't give a shit if they can still go to Branson and Pigeon Forge.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....this is why we're entering the most dangerous period in our history in decades.  Anyone and anything that is lawful is falling away/running away from this administration.  It's just Trump and the Trumpists, Miller, Barr, etc.  And there are only two paths for them: win re-election, insulating themselves from consequences and freeing them to pursue their psychotic, authoritarian agenda, or defeat in November, subjecting them to grave consequences, both legal and social.  They will not accept the second possibility -- it is on par with death.  They are fighting like animals with their backs to the wall.  It's victory or death for them, and you damned well better believe they'll do anything you can imagine, and more, to get that victory.

You have a lawless, un-American authoritarian regime that is desperate to retain power.  What follows is already known.  Buckle up.

Yep. Ever since the NRA money pipeline came to light, you can explain almost any GOP action (outside of Mitt) as a criminal organization trying to protect itself from prosecution. I don't know that Mitch and the boys can afford the loss in November anymore than Barr and Trump can. The light will go on in the kitchen. RAID! 

Out of power, some of these boys are heading to court. Please have them tried in DC before local juries. Or NYC. They must come before the people, not their criminal peers. No reservations about sending men in ties to prisons with the underclass. 

Or a cage headed for the North Atlantic. Either way is good.

spacer.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah Trumptards will be pissed when their ski vacation in Chile or their trip to Cannes is cancelled...come on they won't give a shit if they can still go to Branson and Pigeon Forge.

These are the same folks who bitched about HBO and made Gone With The Wind the #1 movie sold on Amazon last week.  They will bitch about anything and everything that doesn't directly affect them, because reasons.

27 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Awaiting the day when foreign countries start banning flights from the US, and the outrage that will follow.

May as well be right now.  I had a trip to UK/France for later in the summer.  UK is now 14 day quarantine upon arrival.   Not sure about France, but I'd imagine it's the same.

The world is watching our self-inflicted dumpster fire and want no part of it.

Approval ratings continue crashing and burning, hitting levels not seen since the middle of the shutdown debacle in January 2019.

Currently at 40.7/55.3 on 538. That's an 11-point swing (approval down 5, disapproval up 6) since his meager "rally round the flag" bounce in late March.

15 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Completely agree this was the least impactful ad they’ve done for anybody with a brain. But his entire political career has been based on out-of-context shit and lies. Don’t forget it has always worked on his base though. That’s who the Lincoln Project is targeting with this one

This. 

For the Lincoln Project, it's not enough that Trump loses re-election; he needs to lose control of the GOP.  They will be party-less until they can separate Trump from his base.  The recent Lindsey Graham ad was targeting the religious right.  This one is targeting the idiot Trumpster who likes to pretend he's an alpha.  "Trump is too weak to lead" is all about that idiot, and at least getting him to stay home. 

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, man.  That'll definitely kill US tourism abroad.  Not many people go to the UK for more than a couple of weeks if it's not work-related.  What are the terms of quarantine?  Sit in your hotel for 2 weeks?

We sent America's mayor over there to negotiate a slick deal where quarantine must take place in a Trump property paid for by the US. Guests get a free MAGA hat!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

have already said I'm looking into work visas if he gets re-elected. I know people all over the globe. I hear Australian women love men with Texas accents. Perhaps I'll start there.

My sons both have the opportunity for joint EU citizenship, as their grandmother was a Eastern European WW 2 refugee, brought to US after the war.  I’ve been hassling my ex wife to get their citizenship ASAP, mostly for them, but also so I have a shot at possible permanent resident status. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

My sons both have the opportunity for joint EU citizenship, as their grandmother was a Eastern European WW 2 refugee, brought to US after the war.  I’ve been hassling my ex wife to get their citizenship ASAP, mostly for them, but also so I have a shot at possible permanent resident status. 

My wife can get dual Italian-US citizenship, which then would include the EU I believe.  Sounds like not the worst plan.  Nor the best, but not the worst.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh, man.  That'll definitely kill US tourism abroad.  Not many people go to the UK for more than a couple of weeks if it's not work-related.  What are the terms of quarantine?  Sit in your hotel for 2 weeks?

Passengers arriving in the UK by plane, ferry or train - including UK nationals - will be asked to provide an address where they will self-isolate for 14 days. Travellers can be fined £100 for failing to fill in a form with these details. 

Surprise visits will be used to check they are following the rules. Those in England could be fined up to £1,000 if they fail to self-isolate.

Passengers should drive their own car to their destination, where possible. If they don't provide an address, the government will arrange accommodation at the traveller's expense.

Once at their destination they must not use public transport or taxis. They must not go to work, school, or public areas, or have visitors except for essential support. 

They are also not allowed to go out to buy food, or other essentials, where they can rely on others.

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52544307

So the governor and our red meat senator now say they are encouraging the pres to not visit Greenwood "out of respect for Juneteenth activities." LOL, yes, it would be a bad idea to have the racist president invade a peaceful celebration of black history, because he is a FUCKING RACIST. They will say it's because they don't want to interfere with security, etc. LOL again. If it was Obama, or really any president who at least presented with a modicum of decency, they very likely would be welcome for a brief visit.

• Like 2

Be on the lookout during Trumps Tulsa speech for the racist dogwhistle of referring to the Tulsa Race Massacre as the Tulsa Race Riot. It has been appropriately referred to as a massacre for at least a decade now. Only racists still refer to it as a "riot." I am 100% certain he will mention it and call it a riot while telling all the whites in attendance how much he's done for black people.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Be on the lookout during Trumps Tulsa speech for the racist dogwhistle of referring to the Tulsa Race Massacre as the Tulsa Race Riot. It has been appropriately referred to as a massacre for at least a decade now. Only racists still refer to it as a "riot." I am 100% certain he will mention it and call it a riot while telling all the whites in attendance how much he's done for black people.

Come on, I'm sure there were very good people on both sides.

33 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Portugal has a deal if you invest something like $300K in the country (real estate counts) you get a Portugese passport and access to the entire EU.  Not that EU is going to be around much longer either, but it's an option I will consider a few years from now if we're still around.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Portugal has a deal if you invest something like $300K in the country (real estate counts) you get a Portugese passport and access to the entire EU.  Not that EU is going to be around much longer either, but it's an option I will consider a few years from now if we're still around.

That is a real interesting option.  Is it a deal where if you invest that amount you automatically get a passport?  Or do you need to invest 300K to get into a lottery or something?

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That is a real interesting option.  Is it a deal where if you invest that amount you automatically get a passport?  Or do you need to invest 300K to get into a lottery or something?

Automatic from what I understand.  There may be a grace period where you have to be resident for a certain amount of time though.

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

This makes me think of when Sarah Palin was mocked with “I can see Russia from my house.”

At least Palin knows she is looking at Russia.

Trump is at the level of sanity where not only is he unsure of what country he is looking at, we don’t even know if he’s sitting by the window.