Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Wait so it's a fake news story yet there's a tape of him saying exactly what the fake news story says he said?

I was told it was fake news because he held on it to for so long and didn't come out with it earlier. I tried to explain that doesn't make anything fake news but of course it was not understood

because of course he did.  probably told putin and xi and rocketman too

President Trump bragged about a supposedly secret nuclear weapons system in an interview with Bob Woodward, according to excerpts from the veteran journalist's new book

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/515700-trump-disclosed-secret-weapons-system-to-woodward-book

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, elfenix said:

because of course he did.  probably told putin and xi and rocketman too

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/515700-trump-disclosed-secret-weapons-system-to-woodward-book

And there's no way it hasn't been in development since long before he took office but of course he takes credit for building it. Just like he takes credit for a bunch of buildings that bear his name that someone else built. 

7 hours ago, bluto said:

Besides his admonishing California for not sweeping their forest floors as he’s requested for many years, has there been a mention of the west coast wildfires by him in speech or tweet? Honestly asking as I’ve stopped watching the circuses

Remember the action shot of Eric and Donald in the hurricane war room when Laura was about to hit? Well there was a big chart of the hurricane's path and off to the side there was a little chart that appeared to be titled California. Does that count as a mention? 

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And he's a moron who is easily manipulated by our enemies sweet talking him. Kim Jong Un played him like a fiddle. "Your Excellency." Give me a fucking break. 

OT, but I recently (re)watched Turn:  Washington's Spies, the Revolutionary War spy series that was on AMC.  Then General Washington was constantly referred to as Your Excellency and Excellency.  But, given the time period, and the novelty of a non-monarchy, I guess that was understandable.  But boy it hit funny.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Mr. I don’t want people to panic:

All Trump is saying is "I don't want people to panic if it hurts the economy and my chances for re-election.  I want people to panic if it drives them to go vote for me."  That his followers don't see such a simpleton's brain working is the sad part of this whole ordeal.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He's an interesting story, JT Lewis.

Wiki article for those that don't know his background. It's Wiki and so the prose is rough, but the info is still useful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JT_Lewis

At first glance I thought it was the Horns' former shooting guard. I'm happy for JD that it wasn't.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

this is why we can't have nice things. These tweets, captured within a 30 minute period , show why we have no coherent policy on any major or minor crisis this country faces.

Victimhood, dictator advocacy, non-sequitur airing of personal grievances - it's all there. America First? ha!

He can't focus. He can't follow through. He has no tenacity or resolve. He is weak. Very weak.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Mr. I don’t want people to panic:

I know I helped kill 190K+ of your fellow citizens, but come on though most were old or minorities so NBD, but BIDEN IS GOING TO DESTROY YOUR WHITE SUBURBS AND THE BLMs WILL RAPE YOUR DAUGHTERS!

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

I'm not a big fan of George Conway and I thought he and his scarecrow wife were taking a break, but apparently he's not.   Still I think this clip shows he's got pretty good insight into how Trump's brain works and why it's been effective.

That is interesting. I know we make fun of the "he sounds like us" aspect of his popularity, but I hadn't thought much about how Trump never learned to speak like a lawyer or grad student or middle manager. Those styles go from convoluted to soporific.

Oratory is in such sad shape in the American public. TV preachers and con men are the best practitioners of the art for the most part. Adam Schiff is a shining exception among others, but most able speakers seem to be on the wrong side. Limbaugh is a radio genius.

Trump, particularly in 2016, was so good at quips and lively speaking in contrast to the tired sounds of his GOP competitors and Clinton who too often sounded like a robo-candidate to me. (I, without qualm, supported Hillary.)

It's good to be reminded what worked for Trump and what may work for the next demagogue who wants to take the reins of the hate engine GOP. I'd like to say forewarned is forearmed, but we know that isn't really true. There was nothing hidden about just how vile Trump was when he was on the ballot the first time.

• Hook 'Em 3

Transcript: Kim Jong Un's letters to President Trump https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/transcripts-kim-jong-un-letters-trump/index.html

It has been 200 days since the historic DPRK-US summit in Singapore this past June, and the year is now almost coming to an end. Even now I cannot forget that moment of history when I firmly held Your Excellency's hand at that beautiful and sacred location as the whole world watched with great interest and hope to relive the honor of that day. As I mentioned at that time, I feel very honored to have established an excellent relationship with a person such as Your Excellency.

OMFG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1