2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It's also one more vestige of slavery that needs to be toppled. 

I don't really buy that.  But we've had this discussion before.

The supreme irony of the electoral college is that it is there, at least in part, to prevent the election of a Donald Trump by idiots.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

It'll be Cotton vs. Don Jr for the nomination in 2024.  If Trump is not in jail and still alive in 2 years to put his base into a froth it'll be Jr.

Huge 'if Joe ends up pulling this out' caveat, but in 2024 Don Jr. may try but I don't see that campaign getting off the ground at all. He doesn't have the same "charisma" or whatever you want to call it that creates cult like loyalty and the media can't look away from. He's just a dipshit fail son trying hard to play the part he thinks his daddy wants. I don't see him holding anyone's attention the same way Donald has managed to. 

Also, Trump isn't going to do shit to help anyone, least of all his son who would take away attention from himself. If he's healthy enough to help Don Jr. campaign he'll just run himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Huge 'if Joe ends up pulling this out' caveat, but in 2024 Don Jr. may try but I don't see that campaign getting off the ground at all. He doesn't have the same "charisma" or whatever you want to call it that creates cult like loyalty and the media can't look away from. He's just a dipshit fail son trying hard to play the part he thinks his daddy wants. I don't see him holding anyone's attention the same way Donald has managed to. 

Also, Trump isn't going to do shit to help anyone, least of all his son who would take away attention from himself. If he's healthy enough to help Don Jr. campaign he'll just run himself. 

So basically the Don, Sr. playbook then?  

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The electoral college is undemocratic.  On purpose.  Full stop.

It was a compromise (literally called the "Great Compromise") without which the country would not exist. I'm actually surprised we've made it 250 years without it causing as much consternation as it does now. I think in the next 20 years its going to really come to a head as cities continue to grow. It could normalize a little if Californians and young professionals continue flooding into Texas and eventually turn it blue, but it seems were further from that as we thought going into this election.

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Jr is going to have 3 cocaine induced heart attacks between now and 2024  next Friday. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Seems almost negligent for democrats to not start pimping Biden’s >50% of the popular vote.  

I mean, if you wanted to calm the grassroots anger on the right, this would be a good way to do it. 

What?  Fuck that.  Let them get more angry.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

They are acting quickly so that all of these get kicked up to SCOTUS quickly so that a final verdict can be rendered.  

Roberts probably put in for some vacation days for the next two weeks so no need to be in a hurry.  After he gets back (tan, rested and ready for sure) they will have a week of "administration duties" then another week or so clearing the previous cases.  They'll get around to these cases eventually, maybe.

Either you missed the first part of my claim, or you are being dishonest. Both candidates/parties are not in the same situation; and any reasonable person would agree.  Biden is 99% of the way to election, while Trump is trying to drag out his eventual defeat. So of course Biden supporters and Biden are simply biting their fingernails while hardcore Trump supporters and Trump are lashing out at the results. Flip those numbers and you get the exact same result just from a different group of people.  

No. Flip those results and Biden supporters are doing the same online shitposting, just more meltdown-y and alcohol fueled. You know that. So shut the fuck up and stop trying to defend the indefensible. Jesus.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

They are acting quickly so that all of these get kicked up to SCOTUS quickly so that a final verdict can be rendered.  

SCOTUS would support none of these.  They’re so far off it’s down right comical.  They’re gonna have to literally drag him out of the WH.  Which is fine by me.  Just GTFO, one way or the other.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It was a compromise (literally called the "Great Compromise") without which the country would not exist. I'm actually surprised we've made it 250 years without it causing as much consternation as it does now. I think in the next 20 years its going to really come to a head as cities continue to grow. It could normalize a little if Californians and young professionals continue flooding into Texas and eventually turn it blue, but it seems were further from that as we thought going into this election.

Minor point, but the Great Compromise was over the Senate, which is also undemocratic by design.

A similar type of debate, but not implicating the electoral college.

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

SCOTUS would support none of these.  They’re so far off it’s literally comical.  They’re gonna have to literally drag him out of the WH.  Which is fine by me.  Just GTFO, one way or the other.  

I'm kinda hoping for that. That would be a HoF gif for the internets.

• Hook 'Em 2

They already sell don jr and Ivanka 2024 shirts at rallies. The cult will follow them.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Let this be a lesson to all of you. One great accomplishment, like taking down the mob, can be washed away by a career of shameful behavior.

Nicole Wallace was talking about this last night on MSNBC.  (She worked for Bush.)  She pointed out that this is a presidential case and any legit lawyer would take this on pro bono if it weren't complete horse shit.  She also speculated that they feel they've put so many judges out there in the last four years that they think one young and stupid one might rule in their favor.