Brennan Eagles taking a stand

TonyTexas

Cape Town is touristy too.  Try visiting Johannesburg to see the conditions there.  I visit SA a couple of times a year.  Visiting is enough as I would not want to live there.

I dated a girl from SA for over 2 years and visited her hometown...American blacks will have exactly one thing going for them moving to SA, and thats being seen as American. What they wont be seen as is African or even black. Most will simply be seen as "coloured" (Trevor Noah) which is not only below white, but also native Africans from one of the many tribes there. Oh, and apartheid is still going on there, the roles have simply reversed.

Good luck to anyone fleeing the U.S. for South Africa while most everyone of any skin color is looking for a way out of what is a country in rapid decline..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, futureman said:

nicolas_cage.gif

but seriously it’s cool you heard about two people moving to africa. 

7 hours ago, futureman said:

that’s just until they can leave.  south africa is on its way to becoming zimbabwe.  I played rugby at UT with a guy from rhodesia.  he’d seen some shit. 

Cool that you know a guy from rhodesia. 

10 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

And yes, there's definitely a return to the motherland movement brewing.

Haha!

“Welcome home! We apologize for capturing and selling your ancestors all those years ago. We feel terrible.”

https://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/disp_textbook.cfm?smtid=2&psid=445

”Thankfully, we have no modern history of racism so you can put all that behind you.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/george-floyd-protests-and-what-the-us-can-learn-from-south-africa-racism-reckoning-post-apartheid/

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ousux said:

I dated a girl from SA for over 2 years and visited her hometown...American blacks will have exactly one thing going for them moving to SA, and thats being seen as American. What they wont be seen as is African or even black. Most will simply be seen as "coloured" (Trevor Noah) which is not only below white, but also native Africans from one of the many tribes there. Oh, and apartheid is still going on there, the roles have simply reversed.

Good luck to anyone fleeing the U.S. for South Africa while most everyone of any skin color is looking for a way out of what is a country in rapid decline..

Three letters: BEE

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Eagles struggles with a lot of the fundamental parts of being a receiver. I think he’s at best a late round pick and more likely an undrafted free agent. I don’t know who is advising these players but it’s getting comical now. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The guy has NFL size and speed.  He has terrible hands, not a good route runner, and he's stiff in his hips.  I don't think we developed or utilized him at all since he arrived on camps.  I know Clemson was hard after him and he probably should have gone there instead because they know how to develop WRs.  Just based of media reports, he also seems to have a diva attitude and I'm not sure he has the skillset to back that up.  Did he even start half of the games this year?  Maybe a team takes a late 6th-7th round flyer on him but I'd definitely expect him to go undrafted based on his film.

Just now, Newy25 said:

Eagles struggles with a lot of the fundamental parts of being a receiver. I think he’s at best a late round pick and more likely an I drafted free agent. I don’t know who is advising these players but it’s getting comical now. 

Think the players are just tired of being here and ready to move on.  They even said that prior to the KSU game they are were really uptight every week practicing leading into the games.  The only week where it was loose was after the loss to ISU, getting ready for KSU.. and it showed.

If Eagles does opt out and declare for the Draft, good luck kid, wish you the best.

Texas needs to make the change by the end of the month, and hopefully WRs are ready to take a chance on a roster that isn't that deep with WRs.  Looking at you JoJo.

Smith, Whittington, Moore, Omeire.

Washington, Woodard, Lewis have been huge disappointments.

Luckily if anything, Portal is filled with disgruntled WRs.  I like Schooler and Money but they aren't scaring anyone when lining up, getting significant PT. 

Some of our underclassmen have a much higher opinion of themselves than their production. Will more than likely be quite a few UFAs that pop up.

Also, don't know how anyone can argue Herman should stay at this point. He's depleting the talent on campus by running them out, and his recruiting has cratered. The next coach is going to be battling uphill again, and it'd be even worse in 2 years.

This is the first real ship is sinking roster move. Seniors opting out of bowl games is whatever. Cosmi is a potential first round pick. Teams are going to see what Ossai did against OK State with one arm and fall in love with him in the interview process so he'll boost his stock. Eagles was wildly inconsistent and was suspended last year. I don't think the measurables are enough to offset that. CDC really fucked up.

He's a headcase, but I don't blame him or any of the other players for bailing on this shit program.

He has a head coach that says "winning is hard" and coaches like it.

He has a limp-dick AD whose public statements and private actions indicate he doesn't really give a shit about winning.

I'd bail too.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Some of our underclassmen have a much higher opinion of themselves than their production. Will more than likely be quite a few UFAs that pop up.

wouldn't you take a fifth-stringer from a program like Ohio State or Alabama over most of our guys, if you were drafting in the 6th or 7th round? Most of the scrubs at those programs were highly recruited, stuck with their program, and got four or five years of really good coaching at the college level. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

wouldn't you take a fifth-stringer from a program like Ohio State or Alabama over most of our guys, if you were drafting in the 6th or 7th round? Most of the scrubs at those programs were highly recruited, stuck with their program, and got four or five years of really good coaching at the college level. 

Eh it's kinda the opposite case. Those guys are maxed out while we have underdeveloped guys that go undrafted/late round and stick in the NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 1