Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

How does someone misunderstand a Verhoeven flick? I mean, I didn't quite get it when it first came out in theaters because I was 10 and more focused on the boobs, but when I rewatched it at like 17 it was pretty obvious.

Edited by wildcat09

This is an unprecedented abuse of power directly meant to affect people’s right to vote. How the fuck is this not impeachable? He needs to be removed from office for fighting the fabric of our democracy. Ugh. Nothing matters anymore and we are some bullshit banana republic. 

• Hook 'Em 5

The House Dems’ refusal to pound the table on shit like this is infuriating. They need to be loudly and repeatedly attacking him for trying to sabotage the election. Make a goddamn spectacle of it. Instead, Nancy will tweet about it and might mumble some criticism on a Sunday news show once and move on.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The House Dems’ refusal to pound the table on shit like this is infuriating. They need to be loudly and repeatedly attacking him for trying to sabotage the election. Make a goddamn spectacle of it. Instead, Nancy will tweet about it and might mumble some criticism on a Sunday news show once and move on.

Yes he should be impeached for actions like this but going after a one-off item is a waste of time. Dems have a clear path to taking back the Senate and WH and obviously keep the House. Rocking the boat is not the best path. People that are going to vote for Trump are going to vote for him. And screaming about the post office isn't going to motivate non-voters. 

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

What is wrong with you? It is satire. It is obviously satire. We are talking about the guy that did RoboCop for fucks sake (who grew up in nazi-occupied Netherlands). 

Yes, there is no powered armor. Yes, it is only lightly related to the book. But it did satire the military worship and fascists elements found in the book (ahem, limiting right to vote to those with military service). If it makes you feel any better, the director just used the book to make the movie he wanted to make anyway (a satirical take on the "ideal" fascist state). Hell, they didn't even own the rights to book until after they started production.  

Seriously, stop being such an ass. You're wrong about this. So amazingly wrong that you're making Trump's lies look reasonable. 

Thus ends the detour. Sorry y'all.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes he should be impeached for actions like this but going after a one-off item is a waste of time. Dems have a clear path to taking back the Senate and WH and obviously keep the House. Rocking the boat is not the best path. People that are going to vote for Trump are going to vote for him. And screaming about the post office isn't going to motivate non-voters. 

I get what you're saying, I just don't entirely agree. Don't impeach the guy. Don't call 50 press conferences. You just say every single time a mic is in their face "THe president of the united states is interfering directly in this election and suppressing people's ability to vote safely, or at all. He doesn't care about your lives, he only cares about his power. Get out and vote in November." Every. Single. Time. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What I do hope is happening is that the Ds are systematically documenting the efforts to rig the election so that they have rigorous proof should it be effective to win him a second term.

I agree that it is impeachable and hopefully they have learned their lesson about proof.

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When an opposition party refuses to oppose criminal acts by the party in power, it legitimizes the otherwise illegitimate acts of the criminals in the eyes of millions of people who don’t know better and take their cues about what matters from elected officials.

The House should be holding emergency hearings about this and sending subpoenas to everyone remotely connected. They need to communicate to uninformed Americans what an extreme breach of laws and constitutional norms this is and that the entire GOP is complicit.  Failure to do so on this and any of the other shit will make it much fucking harder for the Dems to get the support needed to actually fucking fix anything if they manage to win.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

How does someone misunderstand a Verhoeven flick? I mean, I didn't quite get it when it first came out in theaters because I was 10 and more focused on the boobs, but when I rewatched it at like 17 it was pretty obvious.

Read the book and you'll understand. It had no business being called Starship Troopers. Call it something else and it's just a shitty piece of pulp fiction and not an insult to a sci-fi classic. 

Sorry for the thread derail and I'll let it go now. But that movie bore as much resemblance to the book as the Donald Trump presidency does to American democracy. 

58 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

are they looking to simply bring him up on charges after the election and betting on the branches turning blue?

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Read the book and you'll understand. It had no business being called Starship Troopers. Call it something else and it's just a shitty piece of pulp fiction and not an insult to a sci-fi classic. 

Sorry for the thread derail and I'll let it go now. But that movie bore as much resemblance to the book as the Donald Trump presidency does to American democracy. 

The nerd butthurt in this post is quite strong. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Geez man....lighten the fuck up.

I don't give a shit about the book.

The movie was fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I get what you're saying, I just don't entirely agree. Don't impeach the guy. Don't call 50 press conferences. You just say every single time a mic is in their face "THe president of the united states is interfering directly in this election and suppressing people's ability to vote safely, or at all. He doesn't care about your lives, he only cares about his power. Get out and vote in November." Every. Single. Time. 

And he wants to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder what the delay is on that healthcare plan. Probably still just polishing it up. 

Reminds me of The Office episode where Michael promised everyone a surprise at the end of the day. Actually I'm reminded a lot of Michael Scott these days.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I wonder what the delay is on that healthcare plan. Probably still just polishing it up. 

Reminds me of The Office episode where Michael promised everyone a surprise at the end of the day. Actually I'm reminded a lot of Michael Scott these days.

tumblr_nobdh2Stbc1tkl5qyo2_250.gif

In a Thursday morning interview on Fox Business, Trump went even further. He brought up a proposed $25 billion in emergency funding for the U.S. Postal Service — funding that Senate Republicans and the White House oppose.

“Now, they need that money in order to have Post Office work, so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said. “But if they don’t get those items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-postal-service-mail-in-voting-absentee-election-defund-1043797/

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

How many bullshit Benghazi hearings did we sit through? Angry letters aren’t going to get it done. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Along those lines, aren’t we overdue for the next investigation into Hillary’s email machine?

Fox News is still trumping up the Hunter Biden "investigation" that is extremely obviously a Kremlin propaganda campaign. 

I guarantee there are millions of Americans who are not die hard Trump supporters who right now think Donald Trump was a successful businessman who did good things for the economy and just got blindsided by covid and hasn't handled it well, and that the Democrats are at least as corrupt if not moreso than the GOP. Because that's the overwhelming message that political media communicates to people who don't follow politics closely. And that's because the Republicans know how to manipulate media coverage to get that message out, while Democrats don't. Or probably more accurately, they know how but choose not to do so. Either they think doing so is gauche or something, or if you're cynical, they don't want to do so because they don't want to politically activate too many working class voters who might actually demand results from them that would upset their big donors.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If you're not going to impeach him over this, then get in front of a camera and explain exactly why. And do it often. For fucks sake he's saying out loud that he doesn't want to fund the post office because if we did then votes would be counted. This is objectively worse than what he was actually impeached for.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Fox News is still trumping up the Hunter Biden "investigation" that is extremely obviously a Kremlin propaganda campaign. 

I guarantee there are millions of Americans who are not die hard Trump supporters who right now think Donald Trump was a successful businessman who did good things for the economy and just got blindsided by covid and hasn't handled it well, and that the Democrats are at least as corrupt if not moreso than the GOP. Because that's the overwhelming message that political media communicates to people who don't follow politics closely. And that's because the Republicans know how to manipulate media coverage to get that message out, while Democrats don't. Or probably more accurately, they know how but choose not to do so. Either they think doing so is gauche or something, or if you're cynical, they don't want to do so because they don't want to politically activate too many working class voters who might actually demand results from them that would upset their big donors.

This, unfortunately, is completely accurate.

• Hook 'Em 1

you just know the genesis of the suburb shit is someone getting in his ear that suburbs are going blue and that's dangerous for reelection, then steven miller spinning that into "democrat minorities are the reason" or some shit and he's turned it into some low cost housing invasion shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If you're not going to impeach him over this, then get in front of a camera and explain exactly why. And do it often. For fucks sake he's saying out loud that he doesn't want to fund the post office because if we did then votes would be counted. This is objectively worse than what he was actually impeached for.

This. It's absolutely fucking inexcusable that they're not doing everything they can to tie every GOP Congressman to Trump. If you don't want to impeach over this because the GOP Senate will cover up his crimes like they did last time, go on fucking tv and say that's why. You know, maybe call out some individual GOP Senators in tough races. Basic fucking politics shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tokamak said:

I seriously don’t understand why they keep lining up to lick his boots. He turns on literally everyone the minute it suits him. Sessions was one of his earliest supporters and Trump literally ended his career and bragged about it the whole time. It’s mind blowing.

They are not licking his boots they are catering to the Republican base. Trump's insanity is just an echo of the Republican base. So these politicians are simply reacting to desire of the base in exchange for votes.

They are Pappy O'Daniel jumping on stage once he realizes that the crowd loves the Soggy Bottom Boys. "Oh you love Trump, well he is now going to head up my brain trust."

A7kFtH.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

what happens when a suburb hits 36% minorities ?

holy fuck, my neighborhood is 90% minority !!!!

time to move !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The elementary my kids go to is 50% Asian. Should I we move because I don't want to contribute to the extra 20% in the suburbs? Please help!!!

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

They are not licking his boots they are catering to the Republican base. Trump's insanity is just an echo of the Republican base. So these politicians are simply reacting to desire of the base in exchange for votes.

They are Pappy O'Daniel jumping on stage once he realizes that the crowd loves the Soggy Bottom Boys. "Oh you love Trump, well he is now going to head up my brain trust."

A7kFtH.gif

My kingdom for the integrity and wisdom of Pappy O'Daniel in office.

• Like 1

The problem for Trump is that the FACTS simply do not reflect what he pretends is reality.  Like I told a few folks in January, You will not be able to lie your way though a major virus outbreak.  But damn, they did try their best to lie about almost every aspect of their handling of the virus.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

When an opposition party refuses to oppose criminal acts by the party in power, it legitimizes the otherwise illegitimate acts of the criminals in the eyes of millions of people who don’t know better and take their cues about what matters from elected officials.

The House should be holding emergency hearings about this and sending subpoenas to everyone remotely connected. They need to communicate to uninformed Americans what an extreme breach of laws and constitutional norms this is and that the entire GOP is complicit.  Failure to do so on this and any of the other shit will make it much fucking harder for the Dems to get the support needed to actually fucking fix anything if they manage to win.

Sounds great but distracts from the task at hand. And zero opposition doesn't mean it legitimizes anything.  The decision is with the American people. 

3 minutes ago, horn4life said:

The problem for Trump is that the FACTS simply do not reflect what he pretends is reality.  Like I told a few folks in January, You will not be able to lie your way though a major virus outbreak.  But damn, they did try their best to lie about almost every aspect of their handling of the virus.  

Au contraire, his administration has already consolidated the nation's data collection and dissemination apparatus so he is to an extent removing the basic mechanism to combat his lies with respect to COVID.

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This is an unprecedented abuse of power directly meant to affect people’s right to vote. How the fuck is this not impeachable? He needs to be removed from office for fighting the fabric of our democracy. Ugh. Nothing matters anymore and we are some bullshit banana republic. 

Donny Quiet Parts Out Loud Drumpf

"The magician doesn't really saw the girl in half. Her legs are tucked to one side."