Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

26 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No one wants to bear the opprobrium of starting WWIII or similar.

And, more importantly.

Don't interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Yep.  We are in the midst of Pearl Harboring ourselves about every 3 days, on average -- and that's just the body count.  In terms of damage to our institutions and economy.....who could hurt us any worse than we're hurting ourselves?  Get out of the way, shake your head, and muster up a laugh of pity, that's about all any enemy should do.

Trump has clearly seen polls that show he is getting stomped, couple that with the cocktail of meds he is on, and you get someone more addicted to social media than a 14 year old girl and someone crazier than Randy Quaid.    As bad as his poll numbers are, this latest fit is sinking them either further, all that is left is to hope the crooks around him can figure out a way to get the election decided in the courts, cause no chance he wins the votes of the people.

Well that or do whatever he can to get Biden sick, like the president has done with dozens of other people around him.   

Edited by Ted Lange

29 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Trump has clearly seen polls that show he is getting stomped, couple that with the cocktail of meds he is on, and you get someone more addicted to social media than a 14 year old girl and someone crazier than Randy Quaid.    As bad as his poll numbers are, this latest fit is sinking them either further, all that is left is to hope the crooks around him can figure out a way to get the election decided in the courts, cause no chance he wins the votes of the people.

Well that or do whatever he can to get Biden sick, like the president has done with dozens of other people around him.   

Surly doesn't count as social media, right? Asking for a friend.

2 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Stumbled across this article discussing how much of Trump's presidency he has spent Tweeting. It has an interactive graph that you can manipulate based on long long you think it takes Trump to Tweet out an original Tweet as well as how long it takes for him just to retweet something. My estimates below (your results may vary).

If it takes Trump 4 minutes, 13 seconds to write a normal tweet and 6 seconds to retweet, we can estimate that:

Trump has spent 41 days, 2 hours and 56 minutes tweeting since taking office, with 12 days, 1 hour and 42 minutes of that occurring during work hours.

Of that, 40 days, 20 hours and 23 minutes was spent tweeting original tweets.

Trump spent the most time tweeting in October 2019, when he spent 3 days, 0 hours and 6 minutes on it. That was also the month he spent the most time tweeting during work hours, 20 hours and 27 minutes in total.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/05/12/how-much-trumps-presidency-has-he-spent-tweeting/

Does it really take him 4 minutes to write one of his nonsensical tweets?  This post took me like 15 seconds to write. 

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Does it really take him 4 minutes to write one of his nonsensical tweets?  This post took me like 15 seconds to write. 

You don't think he's sitting around ruminating carefully on masterpieces like "covfefe"?

• Hook 'Em 1

and going back and forth with

'cot'? cot doesn't look right. silent something in there. silent gh maybe? coght? no. that looks worse. cogt? jesus christ this is tough. back to coght.  i think that's actually it.  nononono. some vowel maybe. a? coaght? goddammit! that looks ridiculous. wait. . . ridiculous, ridiculous, ridiculous.  look at all those u's.  it's got to be a u.  cought.  there.  send tweet.

4 minutes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Well it is Trump, and I'm guessing he gets distracted easily, so 4 minutes on average might be pushing it. Cut it down to two and he's still the leader on the board with the top spot for waisted time while in office.

20 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I wonder if Twitter could freeze his twitter feed because his doctors have determined it's not good for him. In other words, "based on the advice of his physicians, we're limiting the President's access to Twitter until he's recovered from Covid."

God I hope not. We need his lunacy on full display. 

The number of electoral votes called for Biden by a consensus by Nov 7 will be a very good indicator of the future of our country:
400+ EV: America on the path to redemption, a full rebuke of Trumpism.  Likely means a long period of progressivism dominating American politics.  Likely the end of the GOP as we’ve known it for the last 20 years (if not the last 40). Trump would have to hide.  I think the odds of this outcome are 350-400 EV: A great sign, although not the kind of indisputable message we all need to see.  A landslide that prevents Civil War and likely leaves no realistic path for Trump to decide the election results in court.  Also likely means a dramatic shift in GOP and Trump slinking away.  I think the odds of this outcome are ~20%.

300-350 EV: Would probably mean Trump disputes the results and possibly even has a path to change the results via the courts, although I would still bet that Biden ends up president.  Not at all the full rejection of Trumpism required to save the country from more suffering.  In this scenario Trump probably does everything he can to stay in the limelight and runs again in 2024.  Depending on what happens over the next 4 years, Trump may very well be President again.  Obviously a Biden victory of any kind is a positive outcome, but the country would still very much be in danger of collapsing by 2030.  I think the odds of Biden winning with 300-350 are ~30%.

270-300 EV:  Trump would make full effort to dispute/nullify the results.  Trumpkins likely resort to violence.  Outbreak of Civil War very possible.  Odds of Biden actually becoming president in this scenario are probably only 50/50.  Even if Biden manages to secure the White House in an election that close, no way Trump goes away.  Really bad outcome for the US.  Odds are ~20%

I’d say your percenatages in the middle and on the lower end are too favorable for trump. He’s not at a 25% chance of winning outright. That’s likely 10% and falling.

270-300 may be similarly less likely.

I think the sweet spot is 300-350.

And a Mondale style rebuke is the most unlikely.

But swing Texas and a bunch of the smaller swing states, take back the blue wall and win Ohio and it’s a nasty EC map for Trump. That’s probably as likely as trump winning, but this is my reach goal.
  • Hook 'Em 1

For any of ya'' wondering about the Trumpkins, the Qidiots, etc., and how they flatly refuse to acknowledge the plain and awful truth that has been in front of them the whole time, I saw a reminder of a Carl Sagan observation (I can't recall this one being discussed much around here, but maybe I missed it).

Carl-Sagan-quote-about-truth-from-The-De

The conned will never admit that they've been conned, because 1) to do so would be to admit failure, and 2) being the type of person who is easily conned, they also have fragile self-esteem, so they can't ever admit failure.

They aren't sobbing " I didn't think the leopard would eat MY face!".....they're still exclaiming, as the leopard rips their cheek off, "yeah, this is awesome!  Suck it libtards!  I can see you crying those sweet lib tears!" (as we recoil in tearful horror watching morons celebrate their own slaughter).

No matter what happens in any election, our challenge for the next generation will be SWEET MOTHER OF FUCK, WHAT DO WE DO WITH ALL OF THESE ABJECT MORONS?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No matter what happens in any election, our challenge for the next generation will be SWEET MOTHER OF FUCK, WHAT DO WE DO WITH ALL OF THESE ABJECT MORONS?

there has to be a way to harness their galactic gullibility/stupidity and use it for good. Something involving treadmills and power generation, perhaps. 

Because he has yet to be charged with a crime, you fucking child.  

You've had almost 4 years to prove one shred of evidence despite controlling all the federal law enforcement entities in the nation.  Bring one charge against him and people will start falling in line.  But you can't...because you'd rather take drugs and molest family members.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Because he has yet to be charged with a crime, you fucking child.  

You've had almost 4 years to prove one shred of evidence despite controlling all the federal law enforcement entities in the nation.  Bring one charge against him and people will start falling in line.  But you can't...because you'd rather take drugs and molest family members.  

WHY NOT DONE?!? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I wonder if Twitter could freeze his twitter feed because his doctors have determined it's not good for him. In other words, "based on the advice of his physicians, we're limiting the President's access to Twitter until he's recovered from Covid."

if he went silent for 1 month he would increase his chances of re-election.

after 3 years and 11 months of his tweets, i can endure 1 more month.

have we heard one public utterance from Trump expressing concern for his wife's health?

Concern for the well being of Hope Hicks, Chris Christie, Kellyanne Conway? Anyone?

Any expression of regret that he himself may have personally infected others?

I can, somewhat, get that it might be difficult to empathize with a large, seemingly anonymous group of people (210,000+ of them), but these are people he knows, works with, even married. And nothing?

IT.IS.ALL.ABOUT.HIM. ALWAYS. Full stop.

(i dont get why anyone would follow, champion, or support him.)

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1