Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I have family members in the health care field who actually support him. They are traitors to their professions (and to their faith and to their country and to future generations and to me). It's tough to reconcile. 

Well, if their support is based on postponing some form of more socialized medicine for four years, it makes a bit of sense.  Anything else, no.

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

If I'm reading correctly what they are doing now  (deferring to the states) seems to go against what they did in Bush Gore (overruling FL state SC) , correct? I'm not sure how setting conditions for re-counts and setting deadlines for accepting ballots are comparable but like I said I'm no lawyer and I tend not to freak out when NPR is not freaking out.

The broad principle is that the Supreme Court is highly deferential to state law in election matters.  Almost totally to the law as written by the legislature.

It is somewhat less deferential to judicial interpretations of state election laws if the election law is ambiguous.

Finally, even state election law can yield to the one-man, one-vote principle embodied in the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.  This can be as the law is written (unusual) or as it is applied, either by state officials, the state judiciary, or both.

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I know it’s just one more piece of shit to heap on the pile, but as someone who works at hospital, this shitfuck claim is absolutely infuriating.

I have personally debunked this conspiracy theory with probably 10-15 people I know in real life. I was kind and patient with them and explained in detail how hospital billing works, how ICD coding works, how death certificates work (IE mechanism and cause of death) and laid out how the treatments for a severely ill Covid patient are very, very expensive and it’s not because they’re Covid patients - it’s because being on a vent, being in the ICU, and extended stays cost a shittton no matter if the patient has Covid or an aneurysm or a car wreck. Finally, I explained how hospitals had no incentive to prioritize those patients (who are expensive to provide care for and who the hospital may not get fully reimbursed for) over the many, MANY procedures and surgeries that had to be cancelled or postponed because of the pandemic.

And because I’m not a politician and I keep my politics very hidden because of where I live and what I do for a living, they all listened to me and acknowledged that they got it.

Now, here’s Tangerine Mussolini spewing that garbage again. I guarantee y’all that probably half of the people I “fixed” will be back on their bullshit about this again and even more people I know will believe in that and ask me about it.

Seriously, if he gets another four years......

You're working against their choice to believe with logic.  In the end, they are going to believe what they want to believe and not what is right, logical, scientific, factual, responsible...

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Unknown crying people don’t normally get one on one access to the president.

Do you think they turned Lindsey Graham away?  Trump just changed some adjectives since the story didn't sound so well when it was a crying, emasculated Senator.    

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

big guy, crying, etc

Pretty sure if all these strong, big, powerful men keep stepping up to dotard like this on such a consistent basis then law of averages would say one of them would snap his neck for being such a dipshit.

So what are we paying the Secret Service for again?

41 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

This stupid fuckface apparently said tonight Joe Biden will take away heating, a/c and electricity. 

Today in Houston was that perfect temperature where it was too cool for the A/C to come on and too warm for the heater to come on.  If Biden can give me 250 days like this then I say make him El Presidente por Vida.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

That story is a lie.  How do I know?  The strong, powerful crying man didn't start with "Sir."

Someone actually did an analysis of this and "Sir" is one of his tell words right before a lie.

Seven in the morning and here is a lovely reminder that we still have two months of 2020 and an extremely important election yet to go. However, nature hasn't forgotten us, and is giving us a wonderful wild moon show just in time for Halloween. The last four years have proven that one doesn't need a full moon to release the inner QAnon apparently, but here's to hoping that DJT gets a trick on Tuesday and not a treat.

Sure, it's not really on topic, but the moon is going to be orange and the Nazis on the moon will be having a going out of business sale so it seemed ok.

29 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Could be legit. Trumpkins are wimps.

Many of my relatives were from the Iron Range. Eveleth & Biwabik, MN. The men are born without tear ducts lest their eyeballs freeze shut due to the frigid cold. Or maybe it's just their Finnish and Danish inability to feel emotions. Joking/not joking. 

7 minutes ago, Chewy's Hairy Horn said:

Lil silly of him to even ask. 

Lil Jon was on The Celebrity Apprentice. Twice. 

There was a task in which Jon dressed as Uncle Sam, and Trump allegedly called him Uncle Tom. Cast members then told Trump it was an offensive term, and depending on what account you read, he either stopped calling him that, or just kept on going. At a newser in 2018, a reporter asked him about Uncle Tomgate, and Trump said he didn’t know who Lil Jon was. 

Lil Jon was on The Celebrity Apprentice. Twice. 

On 10/29/2020 at 11:39 AM, Rimbo said:

ARNOLD PALMER WAS BETTER THAN YOU

Nicklaus always was an unlikeable piece of shit.

16 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Just signed up to do some phone banking this weekend, Monday, and Tuesday. Gotta find more votes out there. 

Thanks!  We need more people signing up!

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

How much does real Melina pay fake Melina to sex up the Don for her ?

That's what Hope Hicks is for, right?

11 minutes ago, Pancho said:

He's hosting 14 more rallies between today and Election Night.  In a much more concentrated geographic area.  

Just saying/Not saying.

I have always had some question about who was behind all the strategy being used concerning this election, and why.   I knew Trump and his crew weren't capable, especially with most of them being charged/incarcerated.  Miller is running the immigration shit, but that's a sideshow really.  Putin is in it only for shits and grins.

Somebody earlier said the SCOTUS is loyal to McConnell and not Trump.  I can buy that.  But I would go further to say the loyalty is to ALEC, and not McConnell.  Tie in the Federalist Society, and maybe the Brotherhood, and I think we get much closer to who the deep state really is.   And it's all about rich white people retaining power, even when they are the minority.  And all these groups operate as much at the state level as they do at the federal.     ALEC is horrible.   

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alec-challenge-trump-loss-corporations_n_5f99cf20c5b61d63241ee6dd

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/17/the-conservative-pipeline-to-the-supreme-court

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

Nicklaus always was an unlikeable piece of shit.

This. 

CSB: A law school buddy of mine played in a junior tournament and was paired with Jack Jr. when he was in HS. Nicklaus was his idol. 

He said Jack said only one thing to him the whole day. “You can’t play from there. It’s ground under repair.”

No greeting, nothing. 

(also he was wrong. There he had the option to take a drop, not a requirement to do so. )

• Like 1