Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

That was outstanding, great use of a great song. 

It really is.

And so goddamned heartbreaking.

We are so wounded, and so broken, in so many ways. And it’s almost all self-inflicted, it self-exacerbated.

This is our country, and those are our countrymen. And they’re in dire straits. It’s maddening, and heartbreaking. And a call to action for all of us.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because - again, in case you missed it - the president is completely insane/unhinged. 100% untethered from reality and rational thought. Same old same old.

Just like his supporters. They're reality TV viewers who believe the alternative reality is real. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

The Pence: conversion therapy camp and the parents aren’t here!!! 😂😂😂

He was getting a little stale, imho, but this video has put him back on my favorites list.   

i fucking lost it with “oh you’re from Japan?  Very nice.”  

9 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I hate to be laughing so hard at such a tragedy of a person, but this is fucking hilarious

AJ has been delivering the goods of late...."oh, you're from Japan, very nice" whilst delivering the double handy got an actual LOL from me. Followed up with the shot at Pence. Bravo.

I think, if Trump and Barr could, the Sixth Amendment would be changed to, "A trial not by a jury of your peers...but by what a lot of people are saying."  

I'm not saying you need to know the thing verbatim but it wouldn't hurt the typical Trump supporter who claims "We gotta respect the Constitution and what-not!" to have just a passing, cursory, cocktail-party knowledge of the document.  You have to admit, and this is gonna sound like a Mulaney standup bit admittedly, it's pretty damn funny that the founding fathers made the right to bear arms as the second amendment.  Almost like they knew a lot of people were just gonna lose interest after that, the rest of the Bill of Rights is mostly for lawyers and federalist nerds. 

Edited by Lobo

23 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The first question at this town hall should be about this. 

I'm sure we'd get an excellent response

"Many people are saying this is the greatest trophy kill in the history of mankind. I should know I have a trophy wife and who am I kidding, if I could, I'd be hooking up with my trophy daughter Ivanka. Just the other day a big burly guy, MAGA ROD, tweeted with tears in his eyes that I've done more for killing off terrorists than any person ever. He said those 'suckers and loser Generals' can't even hold my orange tinted bath water. So I called our Iranian Ambassador, David SomeGuy - a great lawyer, one of the most successful lawyers in the country before he decided to do what he's doing. I said David, they want me to spin a story about Iran and the CIA keeping Osama bin Laden alive. It's a beautiful story, one of the best stories I've never told. David said, Sir this is a Wendy's drive through we have your double double and supersized Frosty ready at the next window"

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

What it says is that Donald Trump doesn't know the difference between Sunni and Shi'a Islam. I mean, George W. Bush famously didn't know, and that was after he invaded Iraq, but you'd think by now people would have figured it out. 

Ah, who am I kidding?

51 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What it says is that Donald Trump doesn't know the difference between Sunni and Shi'a Islam. I mean, George W. Bush famously didn't know, and that was after he invaded Iraq, but you'd think by now people would have figured it out. 

Ah, who am I kidding?

And it's not 3 CIA operatives keeping bin Laden alive; it's three CIA directors doing so. I think Ruth Bader Ginsberg was also involved and was about to talk so they killed her. We're looking into Frederick Douglas' possible involvement. He's been operating underground, and nobody can account for his actions as far as we know. 

This has Hunter Biden's fingerprints all over it. DO SOMETHING!

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

And it's not 3 CIA operatives keeping bin Laden alive; it's three CIA directors doing so. I think Ruth Bader Ginsberg was also involved and was about to talk so they killed her. We're looking into Frederick Douglas' possible involvement. He's been operating underground, and nobody can account for his actions as far as we know. 

This has Hunter Biden's fingerprints all over it. DO SOMETHING!

Let's not forget Elizabeth Warren's secret sojourns over there bangin' it out with Bin Laden. 

i think he's trying to be pragmatic? 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ice-cube-donald-trump-platinum-plan-1075709/

there's some follow up from him...seems to basically say 'they all (both sides) suck but we gotta work with whoever's in charge'. not exactly a ringing endorsement.

not sure of Biden's strategy to put it off until after the election, maybe there's just not enough time bt now and then. 

Edited by mchookem

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

i think he's trying to be pragmatic? 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ice-cube-donald-trump-platinum-plan-1075709/

there's some follow up from him...seems to basically say 'they all (both sides) suck but we gotta work with whoever's in charge'. not exactly a ringing endorsement.

not sure of Biden's strategy to put it off until after the election, maybe there's just not enough time bt now and then. 

46 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I really thought cube was smarter than this. I watched his full video (aside: are African descendants of slaves legitimately treated worse than other black people? I’m completely ignorant on that and have no idea how anyone would know of another person was a descendant of a slave unless they told them. Or is he talking about those descendants being even further behind other black people because of generational poverty. I genuinely don’t understand the reason for separating that group) and I looked up what the contract with black America was looking to achieve. 

1. Bill to Guarantee Black Opportunity and Representation.
Adopt a plan of "Neo-Reconstruction" to redress past wrongs systematically imposed on Black Americans economically throughout many generations that has resulted in a "wealth gap" where the average White family has 10x the wealth of a Black Family. In addition to some of the economic initiatives listed below, also formally apologize to Black Americans for past discrimination and slavery. Additionally Black opportunity and representation will include: Affirmative Action in schools public and private; per student funding in states on an equal basis instead of paid by local property taxes; Black representation on all government civil rights bodies; civil rights classes mandatory in elementary schools; Gerrymandering reform; additional polling places in Black and minority neighborhoods; Juneteenth to become a Federal holiday.

2. Bank Lending Reform.
Bank lending will be regulated to require banks to lend a percentage of all loan and credit categories on an equal basis to the Black population each Bank serves. However, the minimum threshold must yearly meet the percentage equal to the national Black population (currently approximately 13.4%). Rates on Black loans federally and from banks to be same average rates as Whites.

3. Federal Funding of "Baby Bonds".   
Pass federal program providing every child with a government funded trust account at birth starting with a $1,000contribution. As proposed by Senator Booker and Representative Pressley, accounts to be managed by the Treasury and only those born into lower-wealth families would receive more contributions each year up to $46,500 total. At age 18 access to the funds allowed but use restricted to asset enhancing actions such as buying homes, starting businesses and funding education.

4. Federal Reserve and Government Pensions.
For qualified Black Americans, Federal Reserve to allow a one-time interest free loan for home ownership. The Fed to ensure Banks and institutions it oversees comply with Bank Lending Reform. Fed to adopt Modern Monetary Theory with goal of Full Employment and avoidance of Actual Inflation. Federal and State pension funds control over a trillion dollars. They must allocate 13.4% of their investments into Black owned enterprises and businesses. Venture Capital and Private Equity funds that take money public entities must invest 13.4% of their total funds in Black owned businesses.  

5. Finance Oversight.
A Banking Commission (or even a Cabinet or Sub-Cabinet post) will be set up to overlook and report on Black and minority lending, housing ownership and mortgages, and enforcement of items 2 and 3 above. Such authority will also oversee and audit federal programs such as Economic Opportunity Zones and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) to determine who is benefiting from disbursement of such funds. Will provide for a transparent reporting mechanism for abuses to economic programs designed to benefit communities in need. 

6. Personal Data and Credit. 
Most states publicly release bulk data about arrestees unchecked. Like the 1970 Fair Credit Reporting Act regarding credit data, there must be guidelines regarding arrest records that allow similar privacy and accuracy protections and the right to dispute and correct inaccurate data.  Credit services will be reformed to mandate consideration of individual consumer data on rent, utility, cellphone, and other like bill payments.

7. Prison Reform.
Privately run prisons will be abolished, prison labor disallowed without consent, and nonviolent offenders incarcerated for 10 years or longer will be freed if good behavior standards met. All prisoners for marijuana possession freed. First offense for illegal drug use or possession to require government payment for entry into an approved drug rehabilitation program rather than imprisonment. Once any prisoner completes sentence, voting rights are restored.

8. Judicial Reforms.
Eliminate mandatory minimums and three strike laws. The Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice reformed through stricter guidelines and greater oversight over police departments. DOJ can be sued for non-compliance. Lynching to become a federal hate crime and the Ku Klux Klan declared a terrorist organization.

9. Police Reform Act.
Police reforms will be implemented in an expansive act that will at minimum include:  Elimination of Qualified Immunity; requirement of mandatory malpractice insurance for police officers; make municipalities liable for unconstitutional actions by police; mandatory use of dashboard and body cams; elimination of chokeholds and "no-knock" warrants; establishment of residency requirements, de-escalation training, and requirement to update training; severe penalties for evidence tampering including withholding DNA. A federal database of police and disciplinary records established and made public and once fired for cause cannot be rehired. Creation of Office of Independent Prosecutors to solely focus on prosecuting police accused of wrongdoing. Other reforms as listed in greater detail in the Contract with Black America.

10. FCC Licensing of public airwaves.
Broadcast networks will be required to air Black produced content equal to 20% of the total content on the network as measured by time. 

11. Confederate Monuments and Institutions.
Elimination of all Confederate statues and uses or displays of Confederate flags on government grounds or property with public access. Rename all streets, schools, public structures, etc. named after Confederate soldiers or leaders. A memorial will be built in Washington D.C.to victims of police excessive force.

12. AJP Program for Education and Jobs.
Adoption of AJP, A Public/Private program that provides access to jobs and education and/or training for people willing to put in the work and commitment.  

13. Black Responsibility.
Chronic poverty creates an atmosphere full of negativity, frustration, hopelessness, depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, crime, and violence. These are some of conditions that plague the Black Community which is dealing with extreme generational poverty. As we begin to gain social and economic equality it is our duty to clean up ourselves and our community. This contract is a 2-way street. As we gain social and economic equality, we must begin to dissolve any bitterness in our hearts for past wrongs. We must become better citizens who are more productive on all levels of American society. We really must step up after we pass the Contract with Black America with no more excuses left in the kiddie. Our entertainers should be persuaded to deliver more positive content that leads our youth to make better choices in life. A new pride must develop with these new opportunities and we must fight against negativity, frustration, hopelessness, depression, alcoholism, drug abuse, crime, and violence.

How can ice cube not see that the Trump campaign is straight up playing him for votes? Does he honestly think Mitch McConnell’s senate is going to write and pass legislation to further that agenda? The mother fuckers are ACTIVELY working against that agenda RIGHT NOW. 

Edited by heso
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

He sounds good. 

Again, the plan going forward in the Trump camp needs to be campaign stops every night in a different city (hopefully different states) every night until the election.   I want to see him melt on the podium.

Well, curious to see how he handles the fact that his own Intelligence Community came back today and said, despite some valid unmasking, there was no attempt by Biden, Obama, or Clinton to spy on his 2016 campaign.  None.  

Obviously, the real evidence will be along in two weeks.  

20 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, curious to see how he handles the fact that his own Intelligence Community came back today and said, despite some valid unmasking, there was no attempt by Biden, Obama, or Clinton to spy on his 2016 campaign.  None.  

Obviously, the real evidence will be along in two weeks.  

He'll handle it same way he did when his intelligence community found evidence of Russian interference in the last election.

Just now, Bateshorn said:

Donnie, It’s your second term if you win, you don’t ever have to visit Iowa again.  That’s a perk every second term president enjoys.

Not sure about never visiting Iowa again.  He may need money for his legal bills so for $5K he may put his name on a pork fat rendering plant or something.

2 hours ago, heso said:

Or is he talking about those descendants being even further behind other black people because of generational poverty. I genuinely don’t understand the reason for separating that group. 

You do understand, you nailed the rationale here.