Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

They don’t just stop at Macho Man anymore?  They now play YMCA and other Village People songs at Trump rallies?   Because that’s their culture they’re taking back ... the Village People.

Millions of people’s minds have just broken.  

Which cult is weirder and more closeted: trump or aggy?

7 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Hard to believe a song by "The Village People" is only the second gayest thing about that clip (NTTAWWT).

Ever since I saw that clip of him dancing at Epstein's party, and every dance clip after that, I think he learned how to dance from Richard Simmons.  

An update from Jonathan Last of The Bulwark on the WI / Foxconn "JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!!!" plan ...

TL/DR - Wisconsin provided Foxconn with billions in subsidies and in return got a whopping 281 jobs ...

Spoiler

Remember the Foxconn deal?

In 2018, Donald Trump went to the groundbreaking ceremony on the biggest deal ever in the history of deals. He had wrestled Foxconn, that shifty Taiwanese company that had stolen American jobs, to the ground and forced them to build a factory in America.

USA! USA!

The Foxconn factory was going to be built in Wisconsin and it was going to be, per President Trump, “the eighth wonder of the world.” It was going to bring so many jobs—all the jobs!—back to the American heartland. Sure, the state of Wisconsin had to give Foxconn $4 billion (with a “b”) in tax credits. And yes, that money technically came from Wisconsin taxpayers. But whatever. If you want to Make America Great Again you have to break a few eggs.

And Foxconn’s giant maga-factory (yswidt?) was going to bring 13,000 jobs to Wisconsin which, by total coincidence, was a state Trump needed to win reelection.

At the time, there were people who said “Hmmm. This does not seem to make any sense. Foxconn’s competitive advantage is manufacturing commoditized electronic components at scale using the cheapest possible labor. How does having a factory in the United States fit their business model? This smells like vaporware.”

But those were just ungrateful cucks who were still sad about Hillary Clinton not being president.

Well, Foxconn is in the news again. And like literally everything else in the Trump administration, it didn’t quite work out.

By last year it was clear that the factory was never going to be built. Instead, Foxconn had quietly reconceptualized the Wisconsin project as “research center” and then scaled back from there.

And as of this week, the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is desperately trying to claw back money from Foxconn.

Why?

Because two years in, the Foxconn operation in Wisconsin has a grand total of 281 employees.

Which is—if my math is right—12,719 fewer than Foxconn and Trump had promised.

Oh well.

The taxpayers of Wisconsin got royally turned over by Foxconn. But maybe they can frame their Trump 1000 Dollar Bills and hang them over the mantle as a consolation prize.

You mean that the corporate welfare for which the Rs always advocate never works out for the public???

tenor.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

An update from Jonathan Last of The Bulwark on the WI / Foxconn "JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!!!" plan ...

TL/DR - Wisconsin provided Foxconn with billions in subsidies and in return got a whopping 281 jobs ...

Hide contents

Remember the Foxconn deal?

In 2018, Donald Trump went to the groundbreaking ceremony on the biggest deal ever in the history of deals. He had wrestled Foxconn, that shifty Taiwanese company that had stolen American jobs, to the ground and forced them to build a factory in America.

USA! USA!

The Foxconn factory was going to be built in Wisconsin and it was going to be, per President Trump, “the eighth wonder of the world.” It was going to bring so many jobs—all the jobs!—back to the American heartland. Sure, the state of Wisconsin had to give Foxconn $4 billion (with a “b”) in tax credits. And yes, that money technically came from Wisconsin taxpayers. But whatever. If you want to Make America Great Again you have to break a few eggs.

And Foxconn’s giant maga-factory (yswidt?) was going to bring 13,000 jobs to Wisconsin which, by total coincidence, was a state Trump needed to win reelection.

At the time, there were people who said “Hmmm. This does not seem to make any sense. Foxconn’s competitive advantage is manufacturing commoditized electronic components at scale using the cheapest possible labor. How does having a factory in the United States fit their business model? This smells like vaporware.”

But those were just ungrateful cucks who were still sad about Hillary Clinton not being president.

Well, Foxconn is in the news again. And like literally everything else in the Trump administration, it didn’t quite work out.

By last year it was clear that the factory was never going to be built. Instead, Foxconn had quietly reconceptualized the Wisconsin project as “research center” and then scaled back from there.

And as of this week, the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation is desperately trying to claw back money from Foxconn.

Why?

Because two years in, the Foxconn operation in Wisconsin has a grand total of 281 employees.

Which is—if my math is right—12,719 fewer than Foxconn and Trump had promised.

Oh well.

The taxpayers of Wisconsin got royally turned over by Foxconn. But maybe they can frame their Trump 1000 Dollar Bills and hang them over the mantle as a consolation prize.

You mean that the corporate welfare for which the Rs always advocate never works out for the public???

tenor.gif

To be fair, Foxconn may be the most rapacious and unethical huge business on the planet.

It makes Enron look like a bunch of Maryknoll nuns.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tuco said:

Something I wish the Democrats would do better is putting Trump's nativist movement in historical context. 

Italian immigrants had massive nativist backlash against them when they immigrated to America.  The KKK had Catholics right there with Jews and Blacks on their to-kill list.  (My Irish-Catholic grandma grew up in a house in rural Kansas with a hidden door to a cellar, in case the Klan showed up.)  The nativist movements throughout our history have been shitty to Irish, Italians, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and many other groups I'm sure I'm forgetting.  Currently it's focused on people from Latin America and Africa.  But it's the same regurgitated, ugly, stupid, mindset.  

spacer.png

The Know Nothing Party in the mid 19th century pretty much had this strategy down to a science.

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

I enjoyed voting against you today, you stupid fucking monster. 

(Not you 4th&Five, Dotard.)

i kid you not... i checked my ballot 4 times today to be sure I didnt do something stupid and accidently select his name.

OCD was kicking in hard.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

i kid you not... i checked my ballot 4 times today to be sure I didnt do something stupid and accidently select his name.

OCD was kicking in hard.

That happened to me in 2016 for some reason. I was pretty paranoid because I practically ran into that booth to vote, slammed the button and walked out because I couldn't believe how fuckin stupid it was that Trump was on the ballot. At least this time I'll be able to check myself until I drop it in the box.

Edited by Bevo14

7 hours ago, Gap03 said:

I keep waiting for the payoff from all of the villainous buildup in this simulation (a la 1:56 in this clip):

I don't know why I get my hopes up.  To quote the bishop, "there is no God."

To quote the Bishop... "Rat farts!"

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Hard to believe a song by "The Village People" is only the second gayest thing about that clip (NTTAWWT).

Ever since I saw that clip of him dancing at Epstein's party, and every dance clip after that, I think he learned how to dance from Richard Simmons Elaine Benes.  

fify

Edited by Beau Vine

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

He's really good on the talk shows. He never stops talking until he's done talking. He never pauses to gather his thoughts, which doesn't give the questioner a chance to interrupt or break in.

Oldest rhetorical trick in the political handbook. Pete's a smart guy but that's hardly an original tactic.