Shits going down with the Royals

Zombie

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is appendix cancer a thing?

2 hours ago, CoTex said:

Typically associated with carcinoid syndrome which has typical features you could recognize beforehand. Also, I don't think of an appendectomy as major abdominal surgery. 

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

does the timeline hold that -

a.) she initially was getting a hysterectomy due to symptoms, which is why the original easter timeline for recovery was given

b.) but in the process of recovery it was discovered she had ovarian cancer and thus had to get an oophorectomy which she is recovering from and also

c.) recovering chemo for now?

It wouldn't be split into two surgeries. If you see an unexpected ovarian cyst or mass you would take it out at the time. But that doesn't really fit the story. 

The benign mass was the reason for the surgery and it was found to be cancerous by pathology. Ovarian until proven otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

spacer.pngI have never understood the "We need the Royals for the tourist revenue they bring" argument. Do we need to bring back the Bourbons so Versailles can turn a profit? Find a Hapsburg hiding under a rock so someone will go to Schonbrunn? People tour Royal Palaces. You don't need a living monarch to sell tickets.

Edited by VivaNaranja
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So according to the Palaces, both Kate and Chuck enter the same hospital for scheduled procedures a day or two apart, and both emerge with incidental findings of cancer.  Really? I guess it's possible, but because Kensington Palace has 100% fucked up the entire PR management for Kate, I call bullshit.

I completely get the desire to manage public knowledge of a cancer diagnosis, particularly with three young children. But then why the lies? Why say it was "non-cancerous" so quickly? Why put out stories in the last 48 hours about how Kate is making school runs, runs errands around town, and plans to make a big splash return to public duties on Easter Sunday walking to church with the rest of the family.

They need to fire their entire PR team.

And I agree with @Nicole44 that there's likely more going on with William pissed off at Chuck and Camilla. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, VivaNaranja said:

spacer.pngI have never understood the "We need the Royals for the tourist revenue they bring" argument. Do we need to bring back the Bourbons so Versailles can turn a profit? Find a Hapsburg hiding under a rock so someone will go to Schonbrunn? People tour Royal Palaces. You don't need a living monarch to sell tickets.

This is so dumb on so many levels. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Eh, the cancer thing makes the most sense. Some people are definitely thinking zebra instead of horse with the wilder theories. I mean, I'm sure there are more shenanigans going down than we know but I don't think there's a question of whether or not she's actually sick at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cap33 said:

So according to the Palaces, both Kate and Chuck enter the same hospital for scheduled procedures a day or two apart, and both emerge with incidental findings of cancer.  Really? I guess it's possible, but because Kensington Palace has 100% fucked up the entire PR management for Kate, I call bullshit.

I completely get the desire to manage public knowledge of a cancer diagnosis, particularly with three young children. But then why the lies? Why say it was "non-cancerous" so quickly? Why put out stories in the last 48 hours about how Kate is making school runs, runs errands around town, and plans to make a big splash return to public duties on Easter Sunday walking to church with the rest of the family.

And I agree with @Nicole44 that there's likely more going on with William pissed off at Chuck and Camilla. 

52 minutes ago, austingirl said:

Eh, the cancer thing makes the most sense. Some people are definitely thinking zebra instead of horse with the wilder theories. I mean, I'm sure there are more shenanigans going down than we know but I don't think there's a question of whether or not she's actually sick at this point.

30 minutes ago, Cap33 said:

Btw, I'm not questioning whether she actually has cancer. Lying about that would be the lowest thing possible. I just find their ever-changing stories questionable.

yeah i mean any handle this like this at all? 

you don't have to spill the cancer beans if she does not want that. but you have to say something truthful even if it omits some truth. "The duchess underwent an abdominal surgery. There were some non life threatening complications. She is resting and recovering and will make an appearance when's she's goddamn good and ready. It might be a minute tho so get a sandwich and get comfy or take a nap or something. Please respect privacy blahblahblah"

instead here i am thinking it's still rehab or something else because when you lie once, people will question you. But lie twice? That's a pattern. I probably won't believe you again. 

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

The only thing that was bungled was the collective actions of millions of nosy gossip mongers who mistakenly thought they were entitled to know her whereabouts and all the goings-on that were none of their fucking business until she wanted it to be.  
Yeah, she chose this life in the limelight but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve some time away without explaining it to the whole world. 

The gossip mongers are out of control in the UK. I concede that but disagree with the rest.

The people of England are entitled to their business. This is not a private citizen. Their source of income is public funds and entire reason for being at this point is to be a public face. They 100% owe transparency to the public. I understand some time to work through it with doctors and your family, but you need to communicate with the public (who again, 100% pays for the largesse) ASAP. Hiding behind photoshops and fake photo ops is irresponsible to the people that pay for their lives.

Posted (edited)

Can someone save me from a shitload of googling?

OK, I get that the king of England, 500 years ago, was filthy rich, primarily through owning a bunch of property. So, they had Crimwelk’s revolution, and executed the king. Q1: did they then have the state take the property? Or a bunch of barons take it? Or a combination? (I’m guessing that it wasn’t put in a blind trust, but I could be wrong)

Then, a couple of decades later, they decided they needed a king again, and brought this German guy over to be king (and thus, the Windsors). W2: Did they then just give him a bunch of property? Was it pretty much what the executed king had?

Thanks

Edited by statsman

13 minutes ago, statsman said:

OK, I get that the king of England, 500 years ago, was filthy rich, primarily through owning a bunch of property. So, they had Crimwelk’s revolution, and executed the king. Q1: did they then have the state take the property? Or a bunch of barons take it? Or a combination? (I’m guessing that it wasn’t put in a blind trust, but I could be wrong)

Then, a couple of decades later, they decided they needed a king again, and brought this German guy over to be king (and thus, the Windsors). W2: Did they then just give him a bunch of property? Was it pretty much what the executed king had?

Thanks

This historical recreation is a pretty good summary 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yeah Palace PR screwed this up "royally", but cancer diagnosis screws you up and everyone around you no matter what kind or type you get.  One goes from life is great to could be over next month in one word.  From getting word that you have cancer to "here is how bad it is" can take days to weeks. Weeks that nothing makes sense and everything is on the table.  However they handle it is on them and there is no "bad" way to handle it as it's a judgement call based on what they know which will be little. 

With 3 young kids.. yeah, no way I want press running with that -- starting the death watch etc stories, having their friends asks I heard your mom is going to die etc.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Thanks
Cromwell eventually sold off most everything except Hampton Court and its contents which is where he lived. After he died and his son died and Charles 2 was restored the transactions were deemed illegal but Charles 2 didn't want to just take the land away from the purchasers so he turned them into leaseholders where he received the funds in exchange for use of royal land (he had an interest in preserving the peace and consequently his head. Remember he was restored with the promise he'd not seek revenge on anyone other than a small group of 60ish who were responsible for his father's death). By the time he was restored a lot of the land and homes were either destroyed or changed (stripped for valuable metal or forests cleared for timber etc) so it really was the most practical way forward.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 8:37 PM, Cap33 said:

Teddy Roosevelt's first wife and his mom died on the same night of separate illnesses.

• Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, statsman said:

Thanks

Crimwelk? Joe Bob Crimwelk from Decatur? He fixed my tractor one time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 11:56 PM, Stringer said:

The gossip mongers are out of control in the UK. I concede that but disagree with the rest.

The people of England are entitled to their business. This is not a private citizen. Their source of income is public funds and entire reason for being at this point is to be a public face. They 100% owe transparency to the public. I understand some time to work through it with doctors and your family, but you need to communicate with the public (who again, 100% pays for the largesse) ASAP. Hiding behind photoshops and fake photo ops is irresponsible to the people that pay for their lives.

Their literal existence is to be a public figure. Nothing else. They don’t govern, they don’t negotiate on state visits, they exist, period. I cannot comprehend what would have been wrong with a press release several months ago: “The Princess is being treated for cancer, please keep her in your thoughts, and we ask for privacy at this time.”

There, the gossips will still gossip, but the truth is out. Also, again because their only job is to be famous, shouldn’t she use this for cancer awareness and fundraising? I just don’t understand why people think they are private citizens.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Their literal existence is to be a public figure. Nothing else. They don’t govern, they don’t negotiate on state visits, they exist, period. I cannot comprehend what would have been wrong with a press release several months ago: “The Princess is being treated for cancer, please keep her in your thoughts, and we ask for privacy at this time.”

There, the gossips will still gossip, but the truth is out. Also, again because their only job is to be famous, shouldn’t she use this for cancer awareness and fundraising? I just don’t understand why people think they are private citizens.

You’re recommending they handle her medical situation the same way as King Charles’, and that went fine for him. Why wouldn’t/couldn’t they do the same for her?

4 hours ago, statsman said:

Why wouldn’t/couldn’t they do the same for her?

It would have been the best approach. Here' my theory about why they didn't: Charles is widely considered to be a transitional king, but Will and Kate are the future. Charles's diagnosis, while concerning, wasn't all that surprising for a man his age. OTOH, Kate's is troubling given her age, and it threatens the RF's image of vitality and stability. Combine that with their desire to protect their kids and William's well-known distrust of the press and obsession with privacy, and you've got a PR disaster that writes itself.

And I hope I'm wrong about this, but I wonder if her condition is more serious, and that's what set off the panic-induced series of lies.

At least they were smart enough to not share the news with the Duke and Duchess of Montecito ahead of time. No way they would have had the restraint to STFU until the video was released.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cap33 said:

Charles is widely considered to be a transitional king, but Will and Kate are the future

What

eta I feel for her and her family regardless of my feelings about the concept of a royal family. At her age anything found in the pelvis or abdomen is probably aggressive and stage 3 or 4 at diagnosis. 

Edited by Sawbonz

7 hours ago, statsman said:

You’re recommending they handle her medical situation the same way as King Charles’, and that went fine for him. Why wouldn’t/couldn’t they do the same for her?

I see your point, and yet it is slightly different. His children, William and Harry, are grown. William and Kate have a young family and for all their position and issues, when this type of situation hits your family if you're a parent of young children, it's tough. Our own family had to figure out ( away from ANY of the extraneous things that being a royal would bring) how to handle this. It's not an easy road to travel regardless. That mistakes were made with respect to communicating with their citizenry that were exacerbated by certain media sectors is of no small consequence but what a maelstrom of emotion to endure. Sure, they've got wealth, power, and prestige, but they face death as surely as the least of these.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/22/2024 at 3:47 PM, Ghost of LL said:

Fuck--the Reptilians' secret base really is underneath Denver International Airport.

Fake news.  That's just where the new world order types plan to hide out when the nukes fly.  The lizard people base is in Dulce (e: New Mexico, that is). 

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

On 3/24/2024 at 11:28 AM, 'stache said:

Their literal existence is to be a public figure. Nothing else. They don’t govern, they don’t negotiate on state visits, they exist, period.

Defender of the Faith my good fellow.

Get thee hastily to a church for a Holy Week refresher.

even Queen Camilla is said to be frustrated by Charles’ declining health and weakened status. 

“Behind the scenes, Camilla is disgusted by the king’s apparent weakness and is providing him little comfort as he battles his fatal cancer,” a palace courtier told In Touch in early March.”

Wtf is this shit?  Send her ass to the Tower of London for the rest of her days. 

• Like 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wtf is this shit?  Send her ass to the Tower of London for the rest of her days. 

Narrator: Its not a Tower.

The first time I went, I was like "so when do we get there" LOL.

Edited by Thetexashammer

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

The first time I went, I was like "so when do we get there" LOL.

Yeah, took my girlfriend to London last summer. Walked up to the Tower entrance queue and asked if she wanted to take the tour.

"Of that thing? Why?"

image.thumb.png.a994a616d89d56c7197790618af46c05.png

18 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Yeah, took my girlfriend to London last summer. Walked up to the Tower entrance queue and asked if she wanted to take the tour.

"Of that thing? Why?"

Just remember, they didn't steal the crown jewels, they were conquered.  From what I recall, they were quick to tell you this, and often.  

"Of that thing? Why?"

She sounds gorgeous. Pics?
even Queen Camilla is said to be frustrated by Charles’ declining health and weakened status. 
“Behind the scenes, Camilla is disgusted by the king’s apparent weakness and is providing him little comfort as he battles his fatal cancer,” a palace courtier told In Touch in early March.”

Seems like the kind of thing someone who has an axe to grind against Camilla might write.

49 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

"Of that thing? Why?"

Wtf? The Yeoman Warder’s tour of the Tower is legit one of the coolest things to do in London.  The best is to arrive in time for the first tour of the day to beat lines and have a warden who is just starting the day. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Wtf? The Yeoman Warder’s tour of the Tower is legit one of the coolest things to do in London.  The best is to arrive in time for the first tour of the day to beat lines and have a warden who is just starting the day. 

Yes, I'm aware it's cool and I've taken the tour. She's 23. If there aren't 100k IG influencer pics standing next to something, it's probably not cool.

• Rage+1 1

We did just that for Spring Break this year and it was the best. Chad Jr loved it.
  • Like 1